• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Toure and david beckham

albo2002

two signings that would cheer me up.

This time tomorrow Vieira will be a madrid player.

He's a fool, he'll never be known as a legend now. I will never boo him but I wont applaud him ever again.

calvinngai88

Yaya hasn't got enough caps to get a work permit to play for Arsenal. Beckham has long gone over his prime days. He doesn't suit Arsenal's style of playing. No place for him at the midfield either. And also, this time tomorrow, Vieira will still be an Arsenal player.

godfather

Yaya Toure ------------ Yes
david beckham ----------NO! do you think this ex-**** is an Arse type player?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
he'll never be known as a legend now

no matter what he does it will never take away the fact that he's been one of the best midfielders in our history.

He's a legend and will always be a legend - he's an idiot if he thinks moving to real is a good move but thats his decision and we should respect it.

albo2002

We need a right winger as that’s not ljungberg’s best position. Beckham is viewed as this great crosser but he’s a team player and a good passer, albeit with a silly tattoo.

Besides Vieira going means we need a new style.

Does Yaya Toure still need more caps? That was the situation in January, but now???

Calvin – I have believed that for the last month, but no more. Vieira has definitely put his house up for sale and even the BBC are saying it’s all over. He’ll sign today or tomorrow.

pamilih

albo2002 said:
We need a right winger as that’s not ljungberg’s best position. Beckham is viewed as this great crosser but he’s a team player and a good passer, albeit with a silly tattoo.

Besides Vieira going means we need a new style.

Does Yaya Toure still need more caps? That was the situation in January, but now???

Calvin – I have believed that for the last month, but no more. Vieira has definitely put his house up for sale and even the BBC are saying it’s all over. He’ll sign today or tomorrow.

Good point. We need a new style. Vieira has largely shaped it. Hmm I can't think of anybody who could. Parlour would be able to but he's gone.

A

Anonymous

calvinngai88 said:
Vieira putting his house for sale doesn't really mean he's leaving.

for crying out loud man, when are you going to wake up, he going going going.

Its 10 days before the new season and he hasnt confirmed he's staying which is a SLIGHT clue, then neither has Wenger once confirmed absolutly Paddys staying, then there is the media specualtion,and your still holding on to the fact that there all wrong, even the radio station in Spain who have a proven track record of getting things right,yet you are blind to all this by saying "it dosent mean he's going" because his house is on the market.

Let me ask you mate, when are you actually going to start worrying???

calvinngai88

There's no need to worry at all. Everything will be known when Wenger or Dein or even Vieira himself confirms the deal. Even if Vieira leaves, I won't be worrying because the transfer will make Arsenal another step to the next level of football.

Andrew

Why the f would we want Beckham? If we ever want to go backwards then that would be the way to do so. We need someone reasonably young who can fit our style. Beckham is not that.

johe

calvinngai88 said:
There's no need to worry at all. Everything will be known when Wenger or Dein or even Vieira himself confirms the deal. Even if Vieira leaves, I won't be worrying because the transfer will make Arsenal another step to the next level of football.

So essentially what you're saying is that we will be better off without Vieira?? Have you gone stark raving mad, he's the best in the world in his position, and it would take a long time to find a replacement who could do what he does. What other midfielder in the world can dominate possesion the way he does? In some games he hits twice the amount of passes of any other Arsenal player, and make twice the amount of tackles. Why do you think Real want him anyway? Because he's the best, simple as. Now I'm stunned at how you could even think that his transfer will move us to the next level of football.

calvinngai88

The next level of football doesn't mean we'll do better than Vieira. At least we have a new dimension in the midfield. A new standard of playing. You said till Vieira is as if so irreplaceable. What if he really does leave? Are you going to sulk for that your whole life? Come on, it's not the end of the world if he leaves. Wenger's still around at least.

A

Anonymous

johe said:
calvinngai88 said:

So essentially what you're saying is that we will be better off without Vieira?? Have you gone stark raving mad, he's the best in the world in his position, and it would take a long time to find a replacement who could do what he does. What other midfielder in the world can dominate possesion the way he does? In some games he hits twice the amount of passes of any other Arsenal player, and make twice the amount of tackles. Why do you think Real want him anyway? Because he's the best, simple as. Now I'm stunned at how you could even think that his transfer will move us to the next level of football.

i trust wenger, and yes i think we could be better, maybe we cant find as good a direct replacement, but maybe 2 players we could now offord would be the answer, and we dont know that Wenger hasnt got a replacement already, i am sure he knew there was a chance Vieira would leave and i firmly beleive there is someone out there nobody has heard of besides Wenger ofcourse who will be the new Vieira.

Wenger has a track record of getting unknowns that have been awesome for us, vieira for one, toure clichy Anelka, ect oh and let me ask you who replaced him???

Aussie

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
he'll never be known as a legend now

no matter what he does it will never take away the fact that he's been one of the best midfielders in our history.

He's a legend and will always be a legend - he's an idiot if he thinks moving to real is a good move but thats his decision and we should respect it.

No he is ****ing not!!!!!1

When you are made captain of a Arsenal that says to me that you have Arsenal in your blood and you are going to play out your days with Arsenal.

albo2002

I understand there’ll be an announcement on arsenal web site later today.

If it was a denial it would have happened already.

New captain? Henry? Lehmann? Ermm .. Sol?

johe

calvinngai88 said:
The next level of football doesn't mean we'll do better than Vieira. At least we have a new dimension in the midfield. A new standard of playing. You said till Vieira is as if so irreplaceable. What if he really does leave? Are you going to sulk for that your whole life? Come on, it's not the end of the world if he leaves. Wenger's still around at least.

No, I'm not going to sulk. Players come and go, that's life. But I honestly don't believe for a second that Wenger will use another style of play if that's what you mean by 'the next level of football'. I think he will continue with two holding midfielders(one attacking and one defensive), attacking wingers with permission to cut in a move around freely in attack, and overlapping full-backs. In my opinion there is no one in the world who can orchestrate that whole game-plan as well as Vieira can. Sure, we could still win the league without him, stating otherwise would be silly, but we wont be back on the same level of football until we find someone who can do Vieira's job just as well. We could buy Xabi Alonso and play him alongside Gilbs or Edu, he's a player I like very much, and I hope Wenger rates him as well. I don't think Wenger would ever buy a pure attacking midfielder in the Veron mould or something like that.

What do you believe is the next level of football?

calvinngai88

If what the reports are real, and Wenger do rate Maniche, and if he does get signed, no doubt he will play alongside with either Gilberto/Edu. Maniche isn't really that of defensive compared to Vieira, Xabi, Keane, etc. If he's signed, he does give a new dimension of long range shots from him, which isn't much of Arsenal's current style of playing (wingers cut in, through balls, shots from narrow angles, freekicks, lobs).

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom