• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper_001

Established Member
The point is, Toure does not want to play for us. We'd have a better chance at signing someone like Melo anyway. DCM is a position Song has made his own, so I don't see Wenger splashing the cash unless it's for a keeper or CB.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Denilson is still a better choice than Nasri and Diaby for the 'third midfielder' role next to Song and Fabregas (should he stay with us).

Invincible

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
Denilson is still a better choice than Nasri and Diaby for the 'third midfielder' role next to Song and Fabregas (should he stay with us).
If Fabregas has to play with Denilson again, I can't see him staying past January 2011.

wellington

Come on guys. Obviously Toure is mixed up in the Cesc transfer.

Barca are trying to ramp up the price of Toure,as obviously City are baulking at their asking price. So they say Arsenal will get him in Cesc deal unless you pay for him now, pay what we want.

They're obviously trying to apply media pressure - why else insinuate that City aren't rich?

Then with that cash, they can boost Cesc purchase. That's the only link to us.

dreamLord

Established Member
Seriously, don't want him. Not because he's not talented, but because he'll probably **** himself to Chelski or City as soon as he arrives.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Has Yaya actually made a statement declaring that he doesn't want to play for us? I only recall seeing the usual tabiod garbage about how Cesc's deal is falling through because Yaya doesn't want to move in the other direction.

It's not that I am that interested in him playing for us, but I don't think it's apprioriate to make character assassinations based on tabiod crap...

FutsalGunner

The sad thing in this is I can actually see barca having the cheek as to offer yaya plus 5-10 million for cesc...such is the degree which they overvalue yaya and undervalue fabregas.

Won't happen though as he doesn't want to come here and I am perfectly happy to reciprocate those feelings in not wanting him here myself.

P_Gunner

Laporta values Yaya more than Cesc so I don't see this deal reaching very far. I'd be happy to get Yaya + 30m for Cesc though because he is the type of player needed at this club. I also doubt Wenger will buy a midfielder if we only get cash for Fabregas, so with this we at least know we'll be getting a player for sure.

gstew

I have never seen a quote from Yaya stating that he does not want to come to Arsenal. It was his agent that made those quotes. And now his agent has called Man City a "bankrupt" club. His agent surely has a big mouth that is doing his client no favors.

wellington

Regardless of what Yaya or his agent said, I think it is clear that the brothers want to play together. Remember Kolo publicly begging Wenger to sign him a few years ago.

Perhaps we should try to get Kolo back?

caldeltatrojan

Quicker than Walcott said:
Whoa- I want whatever he's smoking! :lol:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Barcelona are ready to offer Yaya Toure plus around £10million in a bid to break the impasse in negotiations to sign Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal.

Toure's agent Dimitri Selcuk has given the green light to the deal, despite saying just three weeks ago that the Ivory Coast midfielder had better offers.

It is also just four days since Selcuk indicated Toure had agreed a deal with an English club, thought to be Manchester City, but the 27-year-old's future is once again up in the air.

'With City, everything has changed,' said the agent. 'Although they talk a lot, they do not look like a rich club, more like a club in financial ruin, when they put their options on paper.'

Barca are running out of time to complete a deal before the World Cup, with Fabregas and the rest of the Spain squad due to fly to South Africa on Thursday.

The Spanish champions are ready to sell Toure, who also interests Chelsea, and want £30million for him despite his suitors valuing him nearer to £20m.

Barca will paint their latest offer as an improvement on the £29m bid rejected by Arsenal last week, but the Gunners are holding out for £60m despite being keen on Toure.

Selcuk said: 'The Fabregas deal could happen thanks to Toure. He could go to Arsenal.

'(Arsenal manager Arsène) Wenger likes him and they are interested in signing him. If the conditions are right the deal could be closed very soon.'

They are even more stupid then we thought if they think we would accept £10m + Yaya.

jibber

----------RVP------------
J.COLE---SHAVA-----NASRI
---Y.TOURE----SONG------

yeah its FM'ing, but you must admit that doesnt look too bad. esp if you consider the depth we have in all those attacking positions.

alternatively we can dream of a new wenger formation, the 2-3-2-3

------RVP----CHAMAKH-------
J.COLE---SHAVA-----NASRI
---Y.TOURE----SONG------
CLICHY---VERMS----SAGNA

TOTAL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

heh 8))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom