• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Re: Yaya Touré (Again!)

If he dosent want to come and despise us, then he can jollywell **** off. We will take extra cash to get Toulalan or De Rossi in

goonerwarsh

Established Member

All depends on how we were to play.

Before Cesc our creativity didn't come from midfield came from Bergkamp. It would obviously mean a change back to 4-4-2

Zico

Established Member

Captain said:
Fantasy listings but:

Walcott, two of Yaya/Song/Melo, Nasri
two of Arshavin/RvP/Chamakh

is a better premier league outfit than:

Song, Diaby/Denilson
Walcott, Cesc, Arshavin
RvP

by quite some distance in my opinion.

Captain, we can make that work. There is enough creativity in the team beyond Cesc: we just need players to take responsibility, particularly Nasri and Arshavin.

I would just get someone in like Hazard or Mata to replace Walcott in the starting line-up. The young man is not quite ready.

Kraig

Established Member

for me, the plus side we used to have was all our midfielders could create. vieira, pires, ljungberg and even gilberto could spot a ball. take cesc out our current team and apart from nasri on occasions and shavva when he can be arsed we dont really have anyone. i dont think a midfield trio of yaya, melo and nasri would help.

asajoseph

Established Member

Kraig's absolutely right.

Neither Nasri nor Walcott deliver regularly, or even often from the flanks. And Toure & Melo in the middle? Guh, no thanks.

Kraig

Established Member

so much that he felt the need to post it twice! i hope youre happy capi!

Kraig

Established Member

youre still wrong though capi.

only 2 suppliers in a team of 11 isnt enough, especially when only one of those is in midfield and the other one is on the wing.

Captain

Established Member

I count four and at a push five. More than Chelsea.

Those strikers aren't Owen and Inzaghi. :lol:

One of those players is only keeping a position warm for Ramsey too...

Lord Dula

Established Member

Captain is that really necessary?

If I want a good opinion on footy I'd go to Asa

If I want poor advice on gimmicky queer clothing I'd go to you.

asajoseph

Established Member

:lol:

Wouldn't worry Dules, think it's all burned itself out already.

We can all go back to talking about what life would be like in an alternative universe in which we sign Yaya Toure now.

Captain

Established Member

What's your knowledge base than Dula, fill us in. Lame attempts at comedy? Stalking little girls on the internet?

It's a pisstake which I'm pretty sure Asa could see very clearly, because, you know, he's not the village idiot.

Lord Dula

Established Member

Captain said:
What's your knowledge base than Dula, fill us in. Lame attempts at comedy? Stalking little girls on the internet?

It's a pisstake which I'm pretty sure Asa could see very clearly, because, you know, he's not the village idiot.

It's alright Asa, I'm happy to take on the batton and tonk lil Capi on the head wivvit.

Capi, gives us a mo. Just need to go take a ****, then I'll be right back.

asajoseph

Established Member

I suppose not.

I'm not quite sure what's up with this thread, but I'll re-open it if there's another link.

Archway_Gunner

According to the Guardian, his agent is stating that he 'has signed for an English club'.

Are any of you hoping it's us? Personally I'm a fan and think he could add some needed strength in midfield.

The article:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/03/yaya-toure-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... -barcelona</a>

Yaya Touré has signed for English club, Barcelona player's agent says
• Yaya Touré has been linked with Manchester City
• Agent will not say which club has made the move
Yaya Touré's agent claims the Barcelona midfielder has already signed a deal with a Premier League club although he would not say where the Ivory Coast international will be playing next season.

Touré has long been linked with a move to Manchester City who are captained by his elder brother Kolo, although City last night denied he was joining them.

Yaya's preferred destination is Chelsea, while Kolo's former club Arsenal have been monitoring him for several years.

"If everything goes well, Yaya will go to England," Dimitri Seluk told Ona FM. "But we can't talk about definite clubs. We already have a closed deal, and all will be resolved before the World Cup."

Touré joined Barcelona in a €9m (£7.5m) deal from Monaco in June 2007 and immediately became a regular, adapting to a more defensive midfield role.

The Ivory Coast international was a key member of the Barça side that lifted six trophies in 2009 and he extended his stay at the Camp Nou only last summer, but he appears to have fallen out of favour in the latter part of the season.

A sticking point for interested clubs could be the high transfer fee Barça are likely to demand, with the Catalan club reportedly asking €36m for the 27-year-old.

Seluk added: "It seems to me too much money. His club have shown they want him to leave, it's not normal that they're asking for this amount. If [Barça president Joan Laporta] likes Touré so much, he could have explained why he didn't play so much.

"This year we haven't spoken to him even one time, and if he leaves it's because that was lacking."

Some reports have suggested Touré could be used in a part-exchange deal to take Cesc Fábregas back to Barça from Arsenal, although with that deal still a long way from any agreement, it seems those reports are off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom