• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerAG

Re: Yaya Touré (Again!)

Thanks Goons AFC and Zico. I certainly agree that Song is not the finished article yet, but there are some matches from the season gone by which showed how much he has matured this season and I fully expect him to go on and do a Toure 2004 style.

Cesc and Nasri are indeed suspect defensively, but then again, so are Xavi and Iniesta. They rely a lot on that defensive midfielder but they also work their sorry butts off in pressing the opposition, which is what we do not do, not regularly enough anyway. A more experienced defensive midfielder like Toure would be a good signing, but imho, the pressing issues are in goal and the centre of defence alongside Vermaelen.

kamikaze80

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
I have to say I'm a little surprised at how much praise Yaya is getting.
me neither, but i know he's at least a competent option at CM, like edu was. sort of similar players, actually, good size, good eye for a pass, not the frantic running around style. edu was a better striker of the ball but toure is stronger.

i wouldn't mind those two sitting back and letting clichy and eboue bomb up the wings without having to worry as much.
asajoseph said:
Song's passing play is very underrated. People who cut denilson slack for using the ball well need to look at song - he's 20 times the player denilson is, and ten times more effective on the ball.
agree completely

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Yaya Toure's outspoken agent has discounted the chances of the Barcelona midfielder being used as a makeweight to take Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas to the Nou Camp.

Toure has been linked with a move to Arsenal for some time and his agent, Dimitri Seluk has publicly touted him in the last few weeks, claiming that the Gunners are interested in the 27 year-old.

However, Seluk has now backtracked and effectively ruled out the chances of the Ivory Coast international being part of a deal to take Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas in a highly rumoured move to Barcelona.

Speaking to Spain's Ona FM radio station, Seluk said, "There is a thousand to one chance that Toure will be part of a transaction with Arsenal's Cesc"

The bullish agent, not shy to praise his client, also claimed that had Toure played for Barcelona in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final in the San Siro, then the Catalans would be in the final.

Seluk continued, "If Yaya Toure had played the first leg of the semifinals of the Champions League in Milan, the club would now be in the final in the Santiago Bernabeu."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Yaya-Toures-agent-Swap-deal-for-Arsenals-Fabregas-chance-in-a-thousand/7795/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-a ... sand/7795/</a>?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

A very bold agent indeed.

Maybe he will piss Guardiola off enough this time.

Anyway, I just cant see us getting Toure (if at all) without some sort of Cesc condition.

flobaba

SA Gunner said:
Anyway, I just cant see us getting Touré (if at all) without some sort of Cesc condition.
Yup. Probably Wenger "signs" Yaya now, with a proviso that they get Cesc next summer for 40m or something like that.

I'd rather we steer clear of Barcelona completely, or preferably until Cesc is 34.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has confirmed that starlet Bojan Krkic will be staying with the Spanish champions, but that more discussions are required with Yaya Toure, further fuelling speculation that he is on his way to Arsenal.

The Ivory Coast international, who has been linked with the Gunners in the past, played a major part in the Catalans' treble triumph last season.

However, he has found first team opportunities harder to come by in 2009/10, with with his agent Dimitri Seljuk recently revealing that Toure has a "90 percent chance of leaving Barcelona this summer."

With reports on Tuesday suggesting the Gunners' skipper Cesc Fabregas is poised to rejoin Pep Guardiola's side before the start of the World Cup, Emirates Stadium supremo Arsène Wenger could turn to Toure - brother of ex-Arsenal defender Kolo - as a replacement.

Talking on Radio Catalunya, outgoing Barca president Laporta revealed: "What is clear is that Bojan will remain. That is what I have understood. With Toure, we will have to have some discussion. He has always stated his happiness with being at Barcelona and, further, he is an important element of the team and he knows that."

"Sometimes, perhaps he has wanted to participate more. We need to discuss with the coaching staff and then we will see."
<a class="postlink" href="http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/54526/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/54526/default.aspx</a>?

SA Gunner

I think the probability of the arrival of Yaya is higher now that Cesc might go the other way. I surely hope that we still get to command a 30 plus fee for him. That money could be used now more than ever.

Kraig

Established Member

the idea of losing cesc and getting yaya toure is depressing.

really, REALLY depressing

We get castoffs and want aways, they get one of the most brilliant footballers around.

SA Gunner

Kraig said:
the idea of losing cesc and getting yaya Touré is depressing.

really, REALLY depressing

We get castoffs and want aways, they get one of the most brilliant footballers around.

Its unfortunately just the way the game works. The most successful will have access to the best first, and those below them will get the scraps.

With Wenger's reported 45 million as well as 35 million + Yaya we can use less than half of that for quality transfers. We could get in a real good GK, CB and CM and make a profit.

Zico

Established Member

Whatever money we make from selling Cesc will go towards our debt obligations and Wenger's over-sized salary.

Kraig

Established Member

Zico said:
Whatever money we make from selling Cesc will go towards our debt obligations and Wenger's over-sized salary.

My feelings too. As much as id love reinvestment into the side, i feel it would be reinvested in the estate agent we appear to have set up recently.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Over reative? Hysterical? Bashing of Wenger despite not having a clue what is happening? Yup its your daily Zico post

P_Gunner

We lose the most brilliant 23 year old CM I've seen in ages, and get a man that Busquets has sent to the bench... hmm...

If we lose Cesc I hope that means Frey/Hart/Reina, Kjaer/Sakho, another CB, Yaya and Gourcuff/Özil, assuming Billy G leaves as well.

asajoseph

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279626/Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-deal-hit-Yaya-Toure-snubbing-Arsenal.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Overrated ****.

Bossa

Established Member

Yaya just wont come. We missed the chance several times and we do not need him anymore. I'm still hoping for my man Felipe Melo.

Captain

Established Member

If it were up to me, I would sign both (in the instance that Cesc were leaving).

Kraig

Established Member

definately not overrated - as he was never really rated in the first place!

**** him, his brother was twice the player he is!

SA Gunner

Unfortunate, if true.

Would love him in our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom