• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czar

Re: Yaya Touré (Again!)

Its true he is always linked and some folks would probably die of shock if Yaye did actually come to Arsenal this summer. One thing is certain though and thats he will be leaving Barcelona.

They have treated him very badly. It doesn't make any sense to move from Yaye, who they gave improved contract last summer I think, to that busquetes dude.. Sjees. Its day or night thingy.

wellington

I've just realised what is going to happen. We will sign Yaya. He's quality, cheap (relatively) and strong. He's played in teh midfield for one of the best teams in the world.
But we have a problem with defence, and quite a bit of depth in midfield.
Simple. We'll convert him to CB.
Don't laugh. Remember, Arsène has done that before, not so long ago.
Could it be Deja Vu?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

We can just pack it in if this lummox is signed and then shifted to CB. I don't really want him period.

TomasCR

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
TomasCR said:
IDLBGMAA, you have no chance this time, not in a million years.
i don't like big gay men at all.

thegame tipped me off on that one.
Well it was supposed to mean "I don't like both Global Moderators and Admins" but fair enough mate, yours one was funnier. :lol:

Czar

wellington said:
I've just realised what is going to happen. We will sign Yaya. He's quality, cheap (relatively) and strong. He's played in teh midfield for one of the best teams in the world.
But we have a problem with defence, and quite a bit of depth in midfield.
Simple. We'll convert him to CB.
Don't laugh. Remember, Arsène has done that before, not so long ago.
Could it be Deja Vu?

There is nothing to laugh about there, but I can't see any reason why Yaye would go along with going CB full time. There is big difference between being able to play centre defender now and then, when the teams needs it, and doing it all the time

Czar

I am very impressed with Yaye tonight. Best player for Barca in the game. It is performance like these that truly show off how broad he is as a player.

Glovegun

Established Member

Yeah I was thinking that... if Yaya were at Arsenal I think he'd be at centre-half.

Although having said that on the odd occasion I've seen him there he's looked comfortable. Doubt whether he could do the job full-time though.

Bossa

Established Member

He played centre half I think in the CL final against United. He was flawless.

Abs

Established Member

Czar said:
I am very impressed with Yaye tonight. Best player for Barca in the game. It is performance like these that truly show off how broad he is as a player.

Yaya is a to class player, anyone who even doubts the mans ability knows nothing about fotball. Even most barca dans tells you he should be ahead of busquets, and he would be if he wasnt a catalan. Bringing yaya to arsenal would be fantastic, as long as cesc dont go anywhere. He is much better than any midfielder we have been linked with

asajoseph

Established Member

Yaya would be a good option to play alongside Cesc & Song, but that's about it for me.

He's not so good that I'd look forward to a summer of negotiating with Barcelona to sign him, and what's more he's exactly the wrong type of player we should be looking at to fill in as an emergency CB.
If we were to lose Cesc, getting Yaya would be scant consolation.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Abs said:
Czar said:
Yaya is a to class player, anyone who even doubts the mans ability knows nothing about fotball. Even most barca dans tells you he should be ahead of busquets, and he would be if he wasnt a catalan. Bringing yaya to arsenal would be fantastic, as long as cesc dont go anywhere. He is much better than any midfielder we have been linked with
He has ability, sure, but there is still some doubt (reasonable doubt) as to how good he is exactly and, more importantly, whether or not he is what we need precisely.

It might help if, instead of simply making hyperbolic statements, you slowed down a bit with the typing. Two birds with one stone and all that.

Abs

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Abs said:
Czar said:
He has ability, sure, but there is still some doubt (reasonable doubt) as to how good he is exactly and, more importantly, whether or not he is what we need precisely.

It might help if, instead of simply making hyperbolic statements, you slowed down a bit with the typing. Two birds with one stone and all that.

It might help not respond to a post if you think its crap, instead of comming across like an arrogant know all and tell people how often they should write

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

@Abs - you misunderstood. Check your PMs. Thanks.

Does anyone seriously think we're getting this guy anyway? I've always thought it's just about Kolo.

Abs

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
@Abs - you misunderstood. Check your PMs. Thanks.

Does anyone seriously think we're getting this guy anyway? I've always thought it's just about Kolo.

Fair enough AnthonyG, I will take your advice on board, and sorry about the missunderstanding

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Eh, no need for that. It's good.

I have to say I'm a little surprised at how much praise Yaya is getting. I'll take most it at face value since I don't see him much outside of the CL.

Still, I just don't see us going after him for some reason.

mo50

Established Member

A midfield trio of Cesc, Song and Toure wouldn't be the best combination, IMO.

Song and Toure are very similar to each other, and neither of them have what it takes to fulfill the 3rd CM role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom