• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Emirates

_scorpion_ said:
Sometimes the best players to sign are the ones that REALLY want to play for the club.
And in some instances, a coach gets a rare opportunity to test that players desires, before they even join the club. Look at our latest addition.
You will see what I mean.

is that a riddle? lol.You are a genies man.The next Nostradomous. Do you know my source by any chance? North Bank upper gossip.Ring any bells?

patrick42uk

Established Member
longrufus said:
patrick42uk said:
the priority isnt for a holding midfielder. IMO, we cannot do significantly better than gilberto except if you want a player who launches long balls from deep.

we need a ball winner with good technique, good prescence good work rate than can win the ball all over the park to play alongside gilberto.

And this means drop the most talented young CM around at the minute, i think not. You build a team around players like Cesc, not players like Gilberto.
And in your list of demands, isnt that simply Gilberto's job? His incompetance does not mean we should play someone to make up for his inadequacies.

gilberto is a DMC so he is nothing more than insurance. if we had makelele, he'd play basically the same. signing another dmc is not going to change anything. all dmc's act as insurance. signing a dynamic cm, thats what we should be looking at. my worry is that wenger will settle for diaby and hope he blossoms, but i really wish he would hedge his bets.

ugen64

IMO Wenger needs to rotate Fabregas. It's bad enough for someone like Gerrard to play 60+ games in a season; what happens with Fabregas next year? Think about it:

1. This year he played 50 matches for Arsenal - only 2 of them in cup ties.
2. He doesn't get a long summer break - Spain should reach at least the quarterfinals, so that's June 24 at the earliest, July 9 at the latest.
3. He will come back, join the team... and play Champions League qualifiers.
4. Next year he could easily play 60 matches - hopefully more cup ties and hopefully more Champions League matches.

No way an 18 year old can handle 50 matches + World Cup + 60 matches. He was exhausted against Barcelona... If Rosicky is playing on the wings, then someone like Mascherano or Bodmer could be an asset, assuming they don't mind being rotated (a huge assumption).

Viper

Established Member
MC Emirates said:
_scorpion_ said:
Sometimes the best players to sign are the ones that REALLY want to play for the club.
And in some instances, a coach gets a rare opportunity to test that players desires, before they even join the club. Look at our latest addition.
You will see what I mean.

is that a riddle? lol.You are a genies man.The next Nostradomous. Do you know my source by any chance? North Bank upper gossip.Ring any bells?
Its not rocket science.

He is trying to say it would be better off to sign the players who want to join Arsenal. For example, Rosicky has said he would love to join a club like Arsenal - our latest addition.

MoBi

ugen64 said:
IMO Wenger needs to rotate Fabregas. It's bad enough for someone like Gerrard to play 60+ games in a season; what happens with Fabregas next year? Think about it:

2. He doesn't get a long summer break - Spain should reach at least the quarterfinals, so that's June 24 at the earliest, July 9 at the latest.
4. Next year he could easily play 60 matches - hopefully more cup ties and hopefully more Champions League matches.

No way an 18 year old can handle 50 matches + World Cup + 60 matches. He was exhausted against Barcelona... If Rosicky is playing on the wings, then someone like Mascherano or Bodmer could be an asset, assuming they don't mind being rotated (a huge assumption).

Totally agree. But I also think that's one of the reasons Wenger signed Rosicky instead of someone else. Rosicky will play there when Cesc in being rested

longrufus

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
longrufus said:
patrick42uk said:
the priority isnt for a holding midfielder. IMO, we cannot do significantly better than gilberto except if you want a player who launches long balls from deep.

we need a ball winner with good technique, good prescence good work rate than can win the ball all over the park to play alongside gilberto.

And this means drop the most talented young CM around at the minute, i think not. You build a team around players like Cesc, not players like Gilberto.
And in your list of demands, isnt that simply Gilberto's job? His incompetance does not mean we should play someone to make up for his inadequacies.

gilberto is a DMC so he is nothing more than insurance. if we had makelele, he'd play basically the same. signing another dmc is not going to change anything. all dmc's act as insurance. signing a dynamic cm, thats what we should be looking at. my worry is that wenger will settle for diaby and hope he blossoms, but i really wish he would hedge his bets.

Nonsense. There is no room in an Arsenal team for such a luxury. Makelele works so well at Chelsea due to the system played. He has no need to try anything special, just sits back, mops up, and gives the ball to someone else, he is their insurance as you say. Gilberto was awesome in the CL, why, he played the same role.

In a 442 however, the situation changes. It requires him to have more influence in the game. Which seems beyond him, his passing is poor and fails to impose himself. Makelele would be shown up in the same way at Arsenal.

In numerous posts i have talked about a holding midfielder, Xabi Alonso is the benchmark in my opinion in the prem ( followed by Carrick). Alonso's range of passing is amazing, but what goes unnoticed is his defensive ability. He has not lost to many battles this year and believe it or not, made most tackles in the prem. This type of player would compliment Cesc and offer much more variety in our play.

ramon12

ugen64 said:

great post but Cesc is 19

Thai Gunner

ramon12 said:
ugen64 said:

great post but Cesc is 18

Surely you meant 19.

MC Emirates

ramon12 said:
aye i swear i just changed that

this lad is a great player.AC Milan have been strongly linked with him as well, so we face difficult competition. If you were a player, and didnt support Arsenal, who would you rather go to, AC Milan or Arsenal? Its a tough one.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
nidza7 said:
just watched him against Portugal playing for France U-21.he had average game but his team won 1-0.
I watched Rennes vs Lille in Ligue 1. Though just watching Goucuff one game, I can't say that I am impressed by his performance. The youngster has good techniques and is very mobile in the middle and the right wing. But somehow I think it would be better to observer him for another season.

ugen64 said:
With Rosicky joins the team, Wenger can rotate the team without the expense of creativity. I am not saying Rosicky can play in Cesc's position, but the Czech can provide something inspiring without Cesc's absence. Yet, I still think Wenger should sign a CM in case to rotate with Gilberto.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
if we are getting Merida and that dutrch kid Nacer then do you think we will splash out on a nother youngster because surely noboby sees Yoann Gourcuff challeging for a starting position?

MC Emirates

From football365 fourm: The gaps you see are where their pictures should be, but it didnt work somehow.

Just asked a French guy about Yohan Pelé and Yoan Gourcroff, two players we've been heavily linked with. He said:

192 cm.

Yohan pelé is an excellent young keeper (24). Very quick, lot of stamina. The good thing about him is that he's improving year after year and seems like he still have a lot to learn so...

185 cm. Born in lorient, the city i'm living in.

Yohan gourcuff (19) is the son of a well know coach (christian gourcuff), therefore, yohan is very skillfull and know all the tips and tricks of football technique. He's a very clean player but he's lack of experience and strengh. A sure value!

Him, ben arfa, nasri and diaby will certainly play the next wc for us.

Personally i'd rather see Pelé at the club because I don't think a midfielder is essential and we don't know how Lehmann will play a year older without the no1 spot for Germany to spur him on. Not saying he'll be bad but it'll be nice to have an insurance better than Almunia and Pelé can also be developed into a future no1. I don't think our academy 'keepers are at the required level yet but Mannone looks like one for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom