• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

so your saying rosicky isn't on youtube. mate if your saying gourcuff is just proven on youtube, you seriously got mental health problems

brianfrance

Established Member
2409.jpg

Next is gourcuff ?

A

Anonymous

i dont see how they can fit gourcuff in there midfield to be honest , i will have to see who they sell.

nazo

Established Member
Thinking about it, if we have Ljungberg and Hleb on the right why would we want Gourcuff? Isn't he right footed. Sure he can cut in but i actually want a proper left winger or a versatile player who can play anywhere along the midfield. Kind of like Hleb or Ljungberg.

A

Anonymous

dont worry wenger is the master of conversion :D.Gourcuff has got enough talent for wengers hands to mould so im sure it would be fine .

Shagin

bluenaz said:
Thinking about it, if we have Ljungberg and Hleb on the right why would we want Gourcuff? Isn't he right footed. Sure he can cut in but i actually want a proper left winger or a versatile player who can play anywhere along the midfield. Kind of like Hleb or Ljungberg.

didnt hleb play on the left at stuggart(?spelling)

siddharth

Viper said:
Too bad he hasn't converted Reyes into a left winger.
Reyes played on the wings for seville and was damn effective.When wenger bought him he said that he sees reyes as a forward and a partner for henry.At arsenal it's a different game, we play short and quick passes which was unlike seville so it was natural he would struggle.Also don't forget that the grounds in spain are big and that means more space for a player which is hardly the case in england.

I still fail to understand why wenger started playing him on the left.It would be interesting to see how reyes would have played on the right wing though.Reyes' best position is as a forward or just behind henry.And if wenger does sign a left winger this summer then i'm afriad reyes is gone unless wenger plays him upfront.

patrick42uk

Established Member
TalentScout said:
so your saying rosicky isn't on youtube. mate if your saying gourcuff is just proven on youtube, you seriously got mental health problems

bit harsh aint it? it was a light-hearted post to be honest although the meaning behind it stands. i'm tired of us signing players with little international experience/exposure whom we magically expect to step up their game and lift us to where we ought to be i.e title challengers. we have enough of those already. right now what we need is quality, international players like rosicky who we'v seen in world cups or european championships. players for whom we do not need youtube clips to understand what they can bring to the team.

i guess its that time of the year. people tend to get touchy over players they'd like us to sign. although it baffles me why such passion is shown for non-arsenal players.

longrufus

Established Member
Shagin, no, Hleb played CAM for Stuttgart.

Siddharth, Reyes played more as CAM for Seville, in a free role, and this is where he is at his best. Reyes has said he prefers to play through the middle as he is more involved. For Arsenal i think he would be more effective coming from the right, but my favoured position for him is upfront.

nazo

Established Member
Shagin said:
bluenaz said:

didnt hleb play on the left at stuggart(?spelling)

Hleb can use both feet. Gourcuff is more right footed if i'm not mistaken. I want for once, a proper left winger who doesn't have to cut in and could do everything. Like a consistent Reyes on the left wing.

Meek

never heard of this guy. no doubt tho he has talent otherwise why would wenger be looking at him.

Shagin

longrufus said:
Shagin, no, Hleb played CAM for Stuttgart.

Siddharth, Reyes played more as CAM for Seville, in a free role, and this is where he is at his best. Reyes has said he prefers to play through the middle as he is more involved. For Arsenal i think he would be more effective coming from the right, but my favoured position for him is upfront.

ok because i remember when i watched clips of him on youtube.com he was always pushing up the left.

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
TalentScout said:

bit harsh aint it? it was a light-hearted post to be honest although the meaning behind it stands. i'm tired of us signing players with little international experience/exposure whom we magically expect to step up their game and lift us to where we ought to be i.e title challengers. we have enough of those already. right now what we need is quality, international players like rosicky who we'v seen in world cups or european championships. players for whom we do not need youtube clips to understand what they can bring to the team.

i guess its that time of the year. people tend to get touchy over players they'd like us to sign. although it baffles me why such passion is shown for non-arsenal players.

Players were not born internationals , they all earnt there right somewhere or another , someones took a chance on there quallity and gave them the chance to excell . rosicky once was 19 and he once was given a chance to excell for a club team and excelled enough to catch his national team managers eye. Gourcuff has been called up to under 21 squad for tournament this week, and been called up at all levels before , he's not just another "promising youngster" he's been 1 of the key men for rennes in the past couple of months with utaka,and if given the chance by Arsène he can really become a top player with the rawness of talent and the magician of wenger. I feel your anger and frustration,but trust me gourcuff is more then just another youngster , he could play a very good role for us next season , and definatly be considerd 1st team.And a future national team player if he moves to the right team, its an important period for him because of his potential and needs a right club , managment to guide him to his upmost potential and im sure he will be a key player for national team in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom