• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
TalentScout said:
i got few goals but cant post links sorry

load them up to some youtube or something ask in help section because I sure ain't that friendlt with computers

Tegh

Established Member
YeahBee said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyY38UxXcJU&search=gourcuff

the only one I found
has a nice goal from him and a great long rnage pass for a goal attempt
Thanks, I went looking shortly after my post and found this. That long range pass with the outside of his boot was ****ing immense.

siddharth

If this Gourcuff thing is true then i'm afraid ribery won't be coming.It's either him or ribery and ribery looks very unlikely.I really wish it is ribery coz he would be able to make a difference to the team straight away.But i can't see marseille being polite to us after the flamini case and he will cost a bomb.

G0D

Almighty
Gourcuff over Ribery for me, seems to fit us better. And Ribery is so ugly he should be playing for Man USA. Yes, im shallow... :D

Viper

Established Member
I'd prefer Ribery since he looks like a brilliant player from the video clips I've seen but I haven't seen much of Gourcuff.

In that video thats a great goal he's scored, and that pass was awesome.

esjvpc

After reading this thread from start to end, i still can't quite figure out what a player Gourcuff is??

I only know he is right-footed (?), 185cm, but what position he plays at Rennes? From the only video clip, he seems to be an attacking midfield, but what is his style of play? Is he technically gifted to dribble past one or two defenders at ease just like Ribery? Will he run straight into the area to score goals just like Paul Scholes when in his past top form? Do he have good vision to make short & long passes? And what about his speed, isn't he fast or just adequate like Cesc?

Sorry for those lots of questions as i seldom watch Ligue 1, can anyone who seen him more please give me some ideas about Gourcuff, because according to some of the opinions here, he is even more welcome than Ribery for whom i think he is already a very talented young player (22 or 23?).

Thanks alot.

A

Anonymous

He's young (19) and hes a big lad same physique as Van Persie.

he can play on right side of midfield or through the centre. He's very good in front of goal for a midfielder and has a nice shot on him and he likes to get into the box.But his main attribute is the way he is able to play a through ball and the vision he has, he's destroyed lyon this season with impecable passing ability and skill on the ball.He's a rather direct player wants to push on play one two's and through balls instead of a toulalan type who will sit and create.Yes he is quite quick and powerfull on the ball when in full flow. I wouldnt say he is an all out winger like ribery is but he cant definatly take on defenders and go past them.

the weaker points is that his defensive side when playing in the center he doesn't track back as much as he should and he often just drifts out of the game, but that can be improved

esjvpc

Thanks alot TalentScout for the detailed description of Gourcuff strength & weakness.

Just curious, as kel said at the Rosicky thread, who will you think will bring a bigger impact to the team, Gourcuff, Ribery or Rosicy?

My choice will be between Ribery & Rosicky.

A

Anonymous

yeh for sure i would go for rosicky or ribery as they both are older and played for big clubs . but dont fall asleep on gourcuff he's a talent and could make a big impact for us

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Tegh said:
YeahBee said:

the only one I found
Thanks, I went looking shortly after my post and found this. That long range pass with the outside of his boot was f****g immense.

That was a sensational pass. The goal wasn't bad either!

Emile Heskey's Bitch

GoonerGurjit said:
Tegh said:
YeahBee said:

the only one I found
Thanks, I went looking shortly after my post and found this. That long range pass with the outside of his boot was f****g immense.

That was a sensational pass. The goal wasn't bad either!

the pass wasn't made by him. Notice Gourcuff is wearing black boots when he scores, the pass was made by a player wearing white boots.....that is unless Gourcuff changed boots or something during the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom