• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Young defender Carl Jenkinson joins Arsenal

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
dpt49 said:
This seems to indicate that we will not be going for Leighton Baines as was rumoured.
I assume he will not be our only defensive signing this transfer window.
We still desperately need quality and experience
Weakly rumoured, like so many, and this guy's primarily a RB.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Why would this deal have any impact on Baines coming here, that has no chance of happening unless Clichy leaves.

All we've done is added a young player as depth to the full-back spots - shouldn't have any bearing on the main transfer activity.

Hoya

Challenges bring the best out of some people, hopefully he is one that steps up. Remember that most 19-year olds are not proven at any level, this one is Wenger's responsibility...

Emma Lusa

Maybe we're finally getting the hang of contracts, great news that we have secured three youth players on longer term option contracts and the addition of Jenkinson can only be a plus - this can't be seen as a replacement for Eboue the lad is far to 'raw' only eight appearances for Charlton, he needs a couple of seasons on loan before he is considered for the first team.

Vela

Established Member
He will start of in the reserves maybe he will be on the bench for a couple of games for the first team. Then go out on loan I would of thought.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
It's crazy, all we seem to do these days is just buy players to send out on loan. You can hardly watch a football match these days without seeing one of our players crop up. Half of them I don't even know if they are still with us or not.

I've got an idea. Lets buy a player who we can play. Who can score/set up goals, stop us conceding goals

simples

Vela

Established Member
I think there will be an interview from him on Arsenal.Com in acouple of days.

Vela

Established Member
Carl Jenkinson is named in the reserves on Arsenal.Com . His player profile is in reserves & youth.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/carl-jenkinson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/p ... -jenkinson</a>

alboots101

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
It's crazy, all we seem to do these days is just buy players to send out on loan. You can hardly watch a football match these days without seeing one of our players crop up. Half of them I don't even know if they are still with us or not.

I've got an idea. Lets buy a player who we can play. Who can score/set up goals, stop us conceding goals

simples

Nah, that`s to easy.

McIntyre

Established Member
According to one report Wenger is going to take a look at him during pre-season to decide whether he should be part of the first team this coming season or go out on loan.

Personally, I hope he impresses Wenger enough to be given a first team opportunity immediately, but that's partially because I don't want Wenger to have any excuse to keep Eboue around. :lol:

In all seriousness though, although it's a massive step up from League 1, if he looks like he's good enough we've got to give him a chance immediately.

People forget that Ashley Cole only spent a few months on loan to Palace, and we were on the brink of letting them sign him, before he got his break in the first team. While some players spend years on loan trying to gain the match experience needed to make it at the top level and still get sold.

If Jenkinson impresses in pre-season then I say dump him in at the deep end.

Vela

Established Member
Le Titi thanks for putting the link up, I was just about to I saw it on youtube.

Vela

Established Member
Wenger on Jenkinson

“We were watching Carl for some time and he is a player with great talent and natural defensive ability, but also a powerful player who likes to go forward,” said the Arsenal manager.

“He is a strong defender who has made quick progress with Charlton and also with the younger age categories for the Finland national team, showing many great qualities.

“We are excited that Carl is joining us and he will add strength to our squad.”

Jenkinson’s status one of several questions to be answered by pre-season
http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2...estions-to-be-answered-by-pre-season/#respond

Jenkinson Will Get First Team Opportunity
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/06/jenkinson-will-get-first-team-opportunity/

sabret00the

Established Member
Love the comment on the youtube interview where its like "he looks like he'll be gritty unlike denilson and diaby". Gelling your hair often gives you that hard-man look. It's the Wanderers all over again.

Props to Wenger for buying an Arsenal fan though, that could mean getting an extra 15% out of the squad. We need more players who see it as more than just a job but a passion.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Yes we need a core of players with a genuine true connection to the club.
Good to have players with that attitude in the squad.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom