• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Brooke Norton Cuffy apparently having a brilliant game for Coventry tonight. Good for him after having struggled a bit after at very good start at Rotherham

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
What’s everyone’s opinion on Patino so far? Feel the Blackpool loan hasn’t worked out well as the team simply doesn’t play to his strengths.

A good taste of senior men’s football for him but feel he needs a better choice of loan for next season. Burnley maybe if they get promoted?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What’s everyone’s opinion on Patino so far? Feel the Blackpool loan hasn’t worked out well as the team simply doesn’t play to his strengths.

A good taste of senior men’s football for him but feel he needs a better choice of loan for next season. Burnley maybe if they get promoted?
I actually think it has worked out pretty well. He's played a lot, and while they were direct under Appleton, he was still involved a lot. The only thing I would say is that he has played much deeper than I would have liked. Under Appleton he was sometimes more like a deep playmaker.

Ligue 1 or lower level Premier League club would be the natural progression. I think it would be a mistake to keep him at Arsenal. He needs to play, and I fear he'd be stuck warming the bench here.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
It’s not looking good for Azeez he can’t even make the bench for last placed Wigan

This isn't good. He's lost focus it seems. Would have thought that going abroad would add that bit extra focus. Worked wonders for the likes of Marcus Edwards, Noni Madueke, Jadon Sancho. Needs to get himself back on track and realise he has an opprtunity that so many youngters crave for.

froehlix

Okonkwo has the chance to win a title with Sturm Graz after a hard fought win in the semi final of the Austrian Cup against LASK yesterday.

Winning a title in Austria is a huge deal if you're not Red Bull. Red Bull Salzburg won 9 out of the last 11 Cup titles (Sturm Graz won one against them in the final 2018). This year Sturm beat them in the quarters. The final will be a matchup of the two biggest fan bases in Austria, Sturm vs. Rapid Vienna, the athmosphere will be magical. Based on form I would say we are favourites and we have a good track record against Rapid the last few years, but it's a Cup final after all so it will be difficult.

Also winning the league is technically still possible for Sturm and Okonkwo. At the moment we're only 3 points behind Red Bull (who have won the last 9 league titles), with 9 games left to play. So Okonkwo could potentially win 2 titles in his first 6 month of playing in a first league. Hope he shows how unspursy he is.

His performances have been pretty good so far, I'd say. It's always hard for a keeper to leave an impression of course and Sturm has a good defence (16 GA in 23 games) in general. At the start he definitely had some dodgy actions, but he has stopped that. Almost noone complains anymore that he replaced our previous keeper who has been one of our best players for years and is now on the bench, when 2 months ago most people did not understand this decision. So that speaks for him. He is absolutely massive as well, we had some problems defending corners in the past, not anymore with Okonkwo in goal.

froehlix

Following up my last post in this thread:
Okonkwo won a title!

In what has been one of the biggest matchups in Austria (since RB Salzburg started to win almost all titles due to an even bigger monopoly in talent than Man City could dream of) Sturm Graz has won the Austrian Cup against Rapid Vienna with a 2:0 win in the final! This has been by far the biggest game concerning supporter groups in recent history in Austria.

Okonkwo had little to nothing to do due to a dominant performance in the second half. I'm sure though that this will be important to him. We have something growing here in Graz, comparable to Arsenal this season. A young team being able to perform against an overpowered party (Red Bull/Man City). There is a special feeling in the team where they are able to overperform, and luckily Sturm was able to crown this with a title, which sadly seems won't happen for Arsenal atm.

This feeling is proved by someone like Rasmus Hojlund, who is the next big thing as a striker in Europe, who played for Sturm Graz until last summer, and still comments on Sturm's Instagram posts and has mentioned the special energy around the club.

I hope both, Hojlund and Okonkwo, end up playing for the Arsenal one day and that they'll be able to replicate the glory they achieved with Sturm, on an indefinitely bigger scale in England one day

Afro Mugo

Not looking good...
Very tricky situation. Though I feel for Azeez, Its never fair when a new coach steps in under pressure and makes rash decisions under pressure. When he played for Kolo, he was actually decent and desereved atleast to be given a chance. I hope he gets a club in the summer that can harness his talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Very tricky situation. Though I feel for Azeez, Its never fair when a new coach steps in under pressure and makes rash decisions under pressure. When he played for Kolo, he was actually decent and desereved atleast to be given a chance. I hope he gets a club in the summer that can harness his talent.
Yeah that's what I thought. He really wasn't bad at all in the few games he played but it all starts in training at the end of the day and if you're not pulling your weight to prove yourself then you won't play.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Another penalty save and another clean sheet this season for Ejeheri. If the rumors about Okonkwo potentially leaving are true, this opens things up for Ejeheri - goalie of similar height and shot stopping ability but perhaps a more even temperament and strong distribution. Very excited about him.

Nicenho

Another penalty save and another clean sheet this season for Ejeheri. If the rumors about Okonkwo potentially leaving are true, this opens things up for Ejeheri - goalie of similar height and shot stopping ability but perhaps a more even temperament and strong distribution. Very excited about him.

About Ejeheri. Was able to see him play against HJK few days ago. Game ended 0-0 and it was a solid performance from Ovie. HJK is the biggest team in Veikkausliiga by far and similar to Bayern in a sense that they are expected to win the league every year so going to their place and keeping a clean sheet is a job well done imo.

So far the season has started pretty well for the whole team. SJK boast the best defensive record in the league after playing 9 games. 6 wins and 3 draws. Only 2 goals conceded. Will definitely keep eye on him for the rest of the season while he's still here in Finland.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom