• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your fav Arsenal matches

A

Anonymous

OneteaminLondon said:
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Yeah, GG was sacked in the afternoon of the forest game. Funny thing was his notes were still in the programme and started by saying something about the rumours of his departure being unfounded. Oops.

Helder was stunning that night. He was a good winger with a good cross, but unfortunately none of the other players were ever where his crosses were going after that game!

How bizarre was that night? What I remember most about it was how well the team played, I'd seen them a couple of weeks previously against Everton, and they were crap. What a transformation!

I remember that game. Didnt Chris Kiwomya score a rare goal? How times have changed!

Allyboy

Established Member
Yeah Kiwoyma scored with about 8 mins to go I think. I felt sorry for him actually, his goals to start ratio was 3 in 4 and he usually only came on late in the games so could have little impact.

I remember the following season we had about 5 strikers out and he STILL could not make the bench!

To think we got rid of him to have a space for Henry, shocking decision!!

:wink:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Yeah it was very late, a good finish IIRC. The team had done everything but score, all seemed lost. Cometh the hour, cometh er.... Kiwomya?!?

bellsavage

For me winning the 1979 FA Cup was special because it was my first trophy as an Gooner, having lost out to Ippyswitch the previous year was heartbreaking, but to beat manure with a last minute goal from Alan Sunderland was amazing, the Arsenal was full of Irish legends and I'm sure I found a four leaf clover before the game.

talking of last minute goals who can forget Anfield '89! :p

Legend#1

Established Member
Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal (Wiltord's goal to secure the title, I love it when Martin Tyler screams "Wiltoooooooooooooooord", such a special moment, winning the title at the ****'s backyard)

Arsenal 4-0 Everton (Bould putting Adams through and Adams scoring the last goal to secure the title was just priceless "That sums it aaaaaaaaal up")

Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal (Overmars's goal to really make Arsenal clear favourites to win the title that year and once again at the ****'s backyard)

Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal (The Henry masterclass, a game we HAD to win, people gave us no chance after losing at home 3-0, but we ripped them apart, I was crying with happiness while watching the game)

Henry IV

I've never been to an Arsenal match, so all my faves are games I saw on TV.

Inter 1-5 Arsenal
I watched that one on ITV and Arsenal just ripped them apart. At 1-1 I was thinking "here we go again". I was watching it with my mum and she went upstairs at 2-1. Then we scored and I ran up and shouted "3-1"! Then we scored again and I ran up and shouted "4-1"! Then we scored again and I ran up and shouted "5-1!" I was knackered after that!

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
The Cup final was special because it was our first trophy for four years and it set us up for the Double. Parlour's goal was brilliant and Ljunberg was in such a hot streak that he was always going to score.

Sampdoria 3-2 Arsenal (Arsenal win on penalties)
Everything about that match was memorable. I watched it on ITV. I loved it when Bellucci, the Samp striker, scored and ripped his shirt off and started waving it round. Me and my mates were doing that in the playground the next day. And of course Seaman's finest hour as Arsenal keeper in the shoot-out. The high point of a bad season.

Arsenal 2-1 Nottingham Forest
I suppose this would seem an odd choice. This game was the first time I saw Arsenal live on TV in the Premiership and I saw it in Uganda, with my Arsenal-supporting cousin. It was their first game of 1998-99 and Arsenal were the reigning champions and FA Cup holders. Petit was in top form and Overmars scored with a well-time reaction overhead volley.

Split

Sol said:
OneteaminLondon said:
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Yeah, GG was sacked in the afternoon of the forest game. Funny thing was his notes were still in the programme and started by saying something about the rumours of his departure being unfounded. Oops.

Helder was stunning that night. He was a good winger with a good cross, but unfortunately none of the other players were ever where his crosses were going after that game!

How bizarre was that night? What I remember most about it was how well the team played, I'd seen them a couple of weeks previously against Everton, and they were crap. What a transformation!

I remember that game. Didnt Chris Kiwomya score a rare goal? How times have changed!

I remember that game very well! I was well chuffed after that game and thought Helder was class. I remember that whole day pretty well though. I was only 14 and my high from the match was somewhat ruined when me and my mate where mugged by a group of t**sers on the walk back from highbury! The crazy thing was that it was just around the corner from the ground there were still loads of people walking around but noone intervened!

I remember my mum being so upset and angry that she wrote to Arsenal and told them what happened and they sent me a photo and football signed by the whole team!

In hindsight though i feel more let down by Chris Kiwomya and Glenn Helder than the gang of muggers!

Split

Arsenal v Man City 16-10-1993, the day after my 13th birthday… As it was my birthday, instead of going in the family enclosure, my dad bought me and 4 or 5 of my mates tickets for some ‘posh’ SEATS! I was so excited about taking all my friends to see my beloved Arsenal and show them what they are missing most weekends, and make them jealous of the fun I have going to see the Arsenal. In the end it was an absolutely dire game, a 0-0 bore-fest, typical of the GG years. A pretty crap Bday!

The reason I still remember it now, is that it helps me appreciate how lucky I am now to see fantastic football week-in, week-out! Thank God for Arsène Wenger, Titi, Bergkamp, Pires et al!

stumpi1

tv fan unfortunately,but without no doubt 1989 at liverpool.went so mental my neighbours came round to see if i was ok.priceless, and of course wiltord at man u,my birthday got so pissed watching game at pub,me and wife had 2 watch repeat to relise we actually won. quality. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom