• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your starting line up.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Just a bit of fun really, lets assume the whole team was both fit and match fit (hard I know!), how would you line the team up? I was thinking about this last night, we have a rediculous amount of attacking talent - sadly a handful of them are always injured.

Include formation and subs. Lets just pretend its a line up against a mid table team. Let the FM inside you out!

----------------Almunia-------------
Sagna--Djourou--Gallas--Clichy
-----------------------------------------
-------Fabregas-----Nasri--------
Arshavin--------------------Rosicky
----------Van Persie---------------
-------------------Eduardo---------

SUBS:
Fabianski
Toure
Ramsey
Denilson
Walcott
Adebayor
Wilshere

The midfield is weak defensively and the whole team is pretty short but against a weaker side that line up could destroy teams. I'd love to see that. Plently of options on the bench to change things around if need be. I couldnt bring myself to drop anyone in favor of a more defensive Song or Denilson. I think we will probably lose a striker in the summer, I'm worried Robin might go but I think we might see the back of Bendtner or Adebayor.

p.s. I guess this could have gone in Squad Analysis but hey ho, merge or delete if you want.

TomasCR

Established Member
Don´t have to think long to know what line-up I would play with.

------------Almunia-----------------------
Sagna---Gallas---Djourou---Clichy
Walcot--------Fabregas--------Nasri
-------Arshavin-----Rosicky------------
----------------RvP------------------------

Fabregas and Rosicky may want to swap their roles. If I see this team, I wouldn´t be afraid of comparing us to Barcelona.

otfgoon

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Don´t have to think long to know what line-up I would play with.

------------Almunia-----------------------
Sagna---Gallas---Djourou---Clichy
Walcot--------Fabregas--------Nasri
-------Arshavin-----Rosicky------------
----------------RvP------------------------

Fabregas and Rosicky may want to swap their roles. If I see this team, I wouldn´t be afraid of comparing us to Barcelona.

So your solution to our defensive midfield problem is to not have one? :mrgreen:

We'd be absolutely killed defensively with that lineup.

TomasCR

Established Member
Not really otfgoon you cow, we wouldn´t have to defend at all. Don´t mind conceding five goals when we score six. That´s my new strategy, hope Arsène is reading. ;)

That´s the best we have, get Flamini or Alonso in, send Walcott on the bench, move Rosicky on the right, Fabregas next to Arshavin and we´re done.

JazzG

Established Member
Don't know if this would be my first choice lineup but I'd like to see how a formation like this would work

Code:
              Alumunia

Sagna     Gallas   Djourou      Clichy

Song

Fabregas      Nasri

RvP                          Arshavin		   

Adebayor

Problem with this formation would be defensive cover for the back line. Interesting dilemma we have for next season if we get everyone fit and hopefully if we keep everyone fit we will have quite a few options going into next season.

Zico

Established Member
Logically,

----------------Almunia----------------

Sagna --- Gallas --- Djouru ---- Clichy

-------- Fabregas ------ Diaby --------

--- Arshavin ----- RVP ------ Nasri ---

--------------- Adebayor --------------

Raider

Established Member
--------------Almunia-----------

Sagna---Djourou---Gallas---Clichy

------Cesc----Song----Nasri-----

--RvP-----------Ade---------Arshavin---

Biggus

Established Member
All these line ups still look too unbalanced in midfield, too many lightweight attackers.....And thats not even counting Rosicky and Walcott in most of them.... Do people now see what I was saying about how we didn't need Arshavin if everyone was fit.

qs

Established Member
----------------Almunia-------------
------------------------------------
Sagna----Toure----Djourou----Clichy
---------------------------------------
Arshavin----Fabregas---Denilson---Nasri
---------------------------------------
--------van Persie-----Adeabyor

Timleaf

Established Member
We better have this squad, or one with commensurate ability and experience, for next season. If we sell for ANY reason-non CL qualification, RVP, Walcott & Rosicky's contract situations, Ade moaning etc, etc, without replacing with similar quality I'm gonna feckin kill someone.

Biggus

Established Member
Timleaf said:
We better have this squad, or one with commensurate ability and experience, for next season. If we sell for ANY reason-non CL qualification, RVP, Walcott & Rosicky's contract situations, Ade moaning etc, etc, without replacing with similar quality I'm gonna feckin kill someone.

:idea: Kill Wenger! Welcome to the dark side Tim.

TomasCR

Established Member
Logically Quincy? What´s the logic of putting Diaby together with Cesc? If this has to be, I would rather see Denilson there.

Classy_Gunner

-------------Almunia-------------

-------Sagna------Gallas----Djourou-----Clichy

------------Fabregas--------------

Persie-------------Nasri-------------Arshavin-

---------------Eduardo--------------

---------------Adebayor------------

Substitutes:

Vela
Toure
Wilshere
Ramsey
Rosicky
Walcott
Fabianski

I think that this team would lead Arsenal to ultimate glory .

People may be thinking why im putting Fabregas in the holding type role. But why not ?He can be a Xavi type player who gets the team moving and spreading out the passes. I will have Robin on the left as i know he can peform very well there . Nasri in the middle as we all know what a good player he is when he plays in that role .

We also have the gifted Andrey Arshavin on the wings providing through balls and making dangerous runs out wide and cutting in an out to be unpredictable. Up front would be Eduardo and Adebayor .As we saw last season they did play well together so why not again .

Ade will produce the physical and height side of our attack and Eduardo will be our clinical striker finishing off the through balls which Andrey and co will provide .We could also make our play a little bit unpredictable and get in a few more crosses into the box .

I want that as Persie and Arshavin can deleiver very good crosses into the danger areas and Ade will have the simple job of galncing it in. I really look foward to seeing our whole team fit again and i want to see this team for the whole of next season. That will win us the league for sure.

Wenger14

Established Member
Biggus stop turning every thread into a Wenger hatefest.

--------------Almunia
Sagna----- Gallas------- Djourou---- Clichy
-------------Fabregas Denilson
Nasri/Rosicky------Van Persie-------Arshavin
--------------Adebayor/Eduardo

3.gif

kamikaze80

Established Member
--------------almunia
sagna - gallas - djourou - clichy
walcott - fabregas - diaby - rosicky
-------------------arshavin
---------van persie

fabianski, adebayor, toure, eduardo, nasri, denilson, song

JazzG

Established Member
Strange isn't it how suddenly the addition of Arshavin seems to have made our squad a whole lot stronger for next season and we suddenly have quite a few options in attack. Fabregas, Arshavin, RvP, Nasri, Adebayor, Theo, Bendtner and Vela is certainly quite a tasty attacking lineup.

quincy42 said:
Logically,

----------------Almunia----------------

Sagna --- Gallas --- Djouru ---- Clichy

-------- Fabregas ------ Diaby --------

--- Arshavin ----- RVP ------ Nasri ---

--------------- Adebayor --------------

Yeah that formation probably looks better but with RvP playing higher up the pitch than Nasri and Arshavin. Not sure about Diaby or Song or even Denilson for that matter, replace him with a top quality CM and Djourou with a top quality CB and I'd be sure we would win the title next season

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Code:
        Fabianski

Sagna Gallas Djourou Clichy

Nasri Cesc   Diaby Arshavin

RVP   ADE

Subs
Almunia
Toure
Rosicky
Eduardo
Walcott
Denilson
Song/Eboue/Bendtner/Vela/Wilshere/Ramsey/Traore/Gibbs/Coquelin/Lansbury/Randall

A title challenging team ;)

P.S No Silvest, **** Silvest

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom