• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Vision Of Our Team

Lord Dula

Established Member
That was a pop at me??

His lack of clarity in explaining what the thread was getting at/ was after derailed it before it even got on the rails.

It's understandable that Sabre gets frustrated as he usually has something in mind, but he just can't put his points across well. Poor Sabsy.

Asterix

Established Member
Let's all leave off on the abuse / condescension etc shall we? Some people are enjoying this thread, others aren't.

DOUBLE-YOU

ideally we would have

goalkeeper

attacking full back (who is also strong defensively ala sagna)
sweeper (toure/gallas)
no-nonsense defender (we don't have)
attacking full back (same as right-back. clichy)

winger (Overmars theo. could also be nasri)
midfielder
midfielder
(centre-mid is a partnership where both players defend and attack. i am not a fan of 1 being ball winner and 1 being passer. Both players should get up and down the pitch ala petit and vieira)
midfielder (Wide left midfielder who can drift inside and tuck into midfield when needed. Rosicky, Parlour, Pires and even eboue have done this to certain extent)

linkman (DB10, Hleb)
front man (Ideally he won't stay up front and get marked. He can move on the wings to create space for others. adebayor Henry)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Im quite a fan of the 5 man midfield. If it has the right players, it can work out really well. The closest example in the premiership at the moment is Chelsea.

Without the ball it will be a 4-5-1, but when in possesion the wingers would push foward and make it 4-3-3.
Creative mobile midfielders in he middle with direct winger-fowards.

I would fit in our players like this:

------------Almunia--------------
Sagna----Toure----Gallas----Clichy
---------Cesc-----Denilson--------
-------------Nasri----------------
Walcott------------------Van Persie
--------------Ade-----------------

I would personally prefer more traditional CBs instead of Toure and Gallas, so if I could- I would replace the pair of them. I reckon a pair of classic CBs could work with mobile midfielders such as Cesc and Denilson infront of them.

I will have Walcott on the right and Van Persie on the left for balance but the front men will rotate often.

People don't like Van Persie in the winger-foward position but he seems to do realy well when he plays on the right for Holland. Then again, perhaps Vela may be more suited for the winger role.

Feanor

Established Member
This is the type of team I like to build in FM when I play as Arsenal.

GK

RB---CB---SW---LB

-----CM---CM-----

AM-------------AM

-----ST---FC-----

GK - has to be over 6'2 and have great Aerial ability and handling

All defense players must be great tacklers.

RB/LB - fast agile players with the ability to go forward.

CB - this player is in the Kolo mold: fast, good on the ball but very solid defensively.

SW - this player should be in the Sol mold: huge, agile, dominating in the air and a mean tackler

CM - the CMs need to be box to box players who are basic good at almost everything, including both offense and defense. Most importantly, they need to have vision and passing.

AM - both wingers need to be fast, good dribblers, good finishers but don't really need defensive skills.

FC - this is a forward who can also drop back and link the play (DB type).

ST - this is a straight up finisher, he does nothing but get into position to score goals.

This formation mirrors our Invincible team in a lot of ways but is slightly different.

kel varnsen

Established Member
gk - good range, strong in the air, quick and accurate throws.

full backs. gung ho attacking, strong one on one and skillful on the ball.

cb1 - strong, ball winner.
cb1 - composed reader of the game with an eye for a pass. someone who could transport the ball further up the pitch.

wingers - mobile playmakers.
cm1 - fabregas.
cm2 - mobile, agressive, good passer.

strikers - mobile, quick, skillfull.

kel varnsen

Established Member
air said:
qs said:
goalkeeper

fullback - centre half - centre half - fullback

wide mid - centre mid - centre mid - wide mid

forward - forward

sometimes I'd drop one forward for a midfielder.

:lol:

I think we line up like this. Seriously.

-------------------Keeper------------------------
--Footballer--Footballer--Footballer---Footballer
--Footballer--Footballer--Footballer---Footballer
--------------Footballer--Footballer-------------

so you're saying you don't want eboue in the starting line up. interesting...

Invincible

Established Member
--------------------------------------Commander--------------------------------------------
Attacking FB--------Recovery CB---------No-nonsense CB---------Attacking FB
Pacy Winger--------Passing CM-----------Tough-tackling CM--------Playmaker
--------------------------Poacher-------------Quick, strong target-man--------------------------

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom