• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

You've convinced us, Now convince Europe

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
Henry doesnt have a big match temperament. Simple as that. He has gone missing too many times to be a coincidence now.

As much as it pains me I'm beginning to think the same now.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
Sol said:
Henry doesnt have a big match temperament. Simple as that. He has gone missing too many times to be a coincidence now.

As much as it pains me I'm beginning to think the same now.
-

still, its playing well against the lesser teams that wins you the prem. three are probably 6 big games in the league leaving 30 odd against lesser teams. its where the league is won and we are lucky to have a striker who can score regularly in these games. for the cl, we just need to look for another source of inspiration.

Nawoo

i'm sorry, he scored hattricks against inter and roma

and his skill destroyed lazio and juventus and bayer leverkusan

and most of the time chelsea

how are those not big matches?

A

Anonymous

Nawoo said:
i'm sorry, he scored hattricks against inter and roma

and his skill destroyed lazio and juventus and bayer leverkusan

and most of the time chelsea

how are those not big matches?

not saying big games, but to do it on a much more consistent basis.
not one of those games were knock out games I think. Especially when Arsenal are under pressure like Valencia,Chelsea,Leverkusen away,Juventus away.
For instance, I think Henry has only scored once at Old Trafford, that too was in the 6-1 demolition.

Nawoo

reyes would have destroyed united were not for the inhumane treatment he recieved during the match

united just can not play us man to man anymore

tbbosa

Sol said:
Unfortunately that's true. I thought people were being too hard on him. But I have watched him in some important matches, walking around the pitch disinterested!! Hopefully he will change that aspect of his game...but again I am now accepting Henry as a great player who contributes big time to our whole season, but I cannot rely on him to lead us in big decisive matches. Hopefully Reyes and RVP can play that role. Indeed Henry has gone quiet in big games so many times that it is nolonger just a coincedence!! :?

Aussie

Established Member
In the big games against the bigger teams the opposition have put a lot of focus on him and a lot have teams have been able to work him out of the game completly. He does have a question mark over his head however im still very confident he could step up in a Champions League final.

KingReyes

Established Member
Henry is capable of shining in the big games, if he removed that frustration and sulking from his game he gets when things don't go his way and focused on winning the game he's capable of doing good.

Senght

Reyes would do the job up front freeing the pressure up front for Henry. What pains me is where is the Flying Dutchman when we need him?

Gurgen

Established Member
The flying Dutchman is 35 and can't deal with two midfielders kicking him the whole match anymore.

Aussie

Established Member
Exactly

He is no longer flying and in high tempo games against scummy teams like United who dont play football he is not going star in those games anymore.

Sigun

Im thinking that the game at Old Trafford will haved changed there mentality...such as Reyes will get much tougher now and Henry should explode once again...we will see against Panathanikos and Soton today!!

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom