• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Very good player, but i still don't see what he would offer us unless its an alternative to Partey. Essentially, they are both the same player.

If we have them both side by side, yes it might make us a little more assured defensively, but it won't help our attacking play at all. We'll still have nobody running off the ball from midfield, breaking lines, scoring goals.

I'm still in two minds about this potential signing tbh.

True. He's probably pretty good and definitely improves us, but Buendia or Grealish guys get us to another level, by adding quality in another dimension.

Jakarta

Partey can ball. The problem is that he isn't balling with Koke, Saul, Lemar and Hernandez anymore, but instead Xhaka, El Nenny and Ceballos.

Now that ESR, Ødegaard and Saka are playing together more frequently now, we will see more of Paryey's passing ability. People have short memories and forgot how regularly Partey was finding Auba with long passes when he came here.

So Bissouma - him and Partey can definitely work. Bissouma sits and Partey joins our midfield to our attack.

--‐---------------‐----Bissouma
-----------Partey----------------------
---Saka----------ESR------------Martinelli
--‐------‐---------Aubameyang

I'm not saying Pepe and Ødegaard couldn't be in our strongest 11, but the 6 above allow us to play quick, high pressing, direct football. Lazy comparison, but Partey does what Kante did for Leicester.

Too much pressure on three kids.

We def need another Senior CAM and LW.

Plus for the life of me I can’t trust Auba after what he’s pulled this season. Pepe we should cut our losses as well, you just never know what you’re going to get with him. Send him to Palace on loan+cash for Zaha.

Tbh your lineup isn’t too bad. Plus I’m loving the athletic energy of the two CM’s.

Just need to sign cam/LW at 24+ age group who can make an instant impact. And we also need a senior CB with proper Prem experience.

——————————--GK————————
New RB——Senior CB——Gabriel——Tierney
——————Partey———-Bissouma———
Saka————Senior CAM/ESR———-Zaha—-
———————-Auba/Martinelli———————

Sell Bellerin/Holding/Laca/Pepe/AMN/Xhaka/Nketiah

Reincorporate Saliba/Guendouzi/Willock into the squad. Hmmm still tho the above team is lacking that bit of guile/creativity.

Saying all that, this is a mute point because Arteta will screw the club over for another season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm still on the fence about Bissouma, mostly because I haven't seen enough of him this season to properly judge.

He looks fine in terms of technique when I see YouTube compilations and he is obviously athletic and defensiely astute. However, he does add about 0 threat from midfield.

First I thought of Partey as a box to box for us, but he doesn't seem to add any offensive threat either, aside from being good in transition. So I'm currently leaning towards putting Partey in a '6' role and getting a more all-round midfielder alongside him in the Gravenberch mold.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm still on the fence about Bissouma, mostly because I haven't seen enough of him this season to properly judge.

He looks fine in terms of technique when I see YouTube compilations and he is obviously athletic and defensiely astute. However, he does add about 0 threat from midfield.

First I thought of Partey as a box to box for us, but he doesn't seem to add any offensive threat either, aside from being good in transition. So I'm currently leaning towards putting Partey in a '6' role and getting a more all-round midfielder alongside him in the Gravenberch mold.
I would have him as our nr 1 priority this season. That’s how much I rate him. He would add much needed steal, athleticism and defensive awareness to our team. He is also very good on the ball. If you gonna play 4-2-3-1 then I think your front four should take care of the attack and give them enough protection to do their thing

Iceman10

Established Member

What you're seeing with Partey could be because there hasn't been enough Xhaka-Partey pairing where Partey is fit and Xhaka is available playing CM (not LB). I'm not biggjng up Xhaka in saying this, only that our squad options are short for a competent anchor in the pivot for Partey to do b2b as he did at Atleti. Of course when we are playing 4141 against Villareal due to injuries and bad tactics Partey is left isolated in CM. I do think it is true though that he is not necessarily a dominant imposing leader by himself. He needs the right players alongside him to help him thrive.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I would have him as our nr 1 priority this season. That’s how much I rate him. He would add much needed steal, athleticism and defensive awareness to our team. He is also very good on the ball. If you gonna play 4-2-3-1 then I think your front four should take care of the attack and give them enough protection to do their thing
I agree with the disclaimer that we don't have a good enough front four to take care of the attack and would need a real quality creative signing to enable that. From what we've seen Ödegaard is not it and Grealish is at best very unlikely (one can dream). Buendia seems to be a real creator, but don't think he'd be enough in himself... It's a tough one I feel

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

What you're seeing with Partey could be because there hasn't been enough Xhaka-Partey pairing where Partey is fit and Xhaka is available playing CM (not LB). I'm not biggjng up Xhaka in saying this, only that our squad options are short for a competent anchor in the pivot for Partey to do b2b as he did at Atleti. Of course when we are playing 4141 against Villareal due to injuries and bad tactics Partey is left isolated in CM. I do think it is true though that he is not necessarily a dominant imposing leader by himself. He needs the right players alongside him to help him thrive.
Thomas didn't really have an anchor next to him in Atleti though, did he? The little I saw of them Saul was the more attacking one and Partey more of the anchor. I might be wrong - @Rex Banter would know for sure

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I agree with the disclaimer that we don't have a good enough front four to take care of the attack and would need a real quality creative signing to enable that. From what we've seen Ödegaard is not it and Grealish is at best very unlikely (one can dream). Buendia seems to be a real creator, but don't think he'd be enough in himself... It's a tough one I feel
The attack is by far our biggest problem. Bissouma is a ust and he help us in midfield. rest of the money should be spent on the attack imo. Outside of Saka there is not one attacker good enough for the club

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The attack is by far our biggest problem. Bissouma is a ust and he help us in midfield. rest of the money should be spent on the attack imo. Outside of Saka there is not one attacker good enough for the club
Agree, think there's plenty of potential in ESR and Martinelli, but they shouldn't be relied upon just yet. I still feel Pepe can actually be used in a better way and become a real threat but in Artetas setup he'll never be able to shine

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Agree, think there's plenty of potential in ESR and Martinelli, but they shouldn't be relied upon just yet. I still feel Pepe can actually be used in a better way and become a real threat but in Artetas setup he'll never be able to shine
naah I have long given up on pepe. He is too limited and has too low football IQ to ever do something consistently. He will always be a moment player for us

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I agree with the attributes you mention, I just can't judge him properly because I haven't seen much of Brighton. However, I wouldn't like us to move forward with 4-2-3-1, I'd rather play 4-3-3 with an anchor, in which case I think Bissouma and Partey would offer too little going forward (and we're piss poor going forward, but quite decent defensively brainfarts aside).
He's never really scored or assisted much though, has he? A good midfielder alongside him will definitely ensure he'll be better next season, but I'm leaning more and more to having Partey as our anchor and get another midfielder who can also contribute some goals/assists aside from defensive solidity. Not sure who that would be, but I'd like Gravenberch.

Iceman10

Established Member
He's never really scored or assisted much though, has he? A good midfielder alongside him will definitely ensure he'll be better next season, but I'm leaning more and more to having Partey as our anchor and get another midfielder who can also contribute some goals/assists aside from defensive solidity. Not sure who that would be, but I'd like Gravenberch.
What I saw at Atleti, and his growth as a player, to partially answer @Sebastes at the same time, was a player become more and more complete in picking up b2b skills when getting into more advanced positions up the pitch, and my vision when wishlisting him was to see that growth continue through at Arsenal. The stats probably are not great although you might have picked up things from games such as the CL tie against Liverpool. He only has one assist of note at Arsenal so far, to Auba early in the year, but it is worth looking at video of that assist. The vision and execution show someone with potential technical mastery to do that more (i.e. was definitely not a one-off fluke), although I will cede he has disappointed so far in terms of stringing performances together. We do have some decisions to make, but from my view, we would be underusing talents of this 45m signing if we limit him to holding midfielder. It's up to him to step up soon and show it though because patience justifiably is running short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom