• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYS

he is going to be vital in the second part of the season.
lets hope we dont sell him in january
we need him
great alternative to have.

Wont be sold if willing to play second or third fiddle. Doubt he is ready for it

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I don't really see why people dislike him so much. He should've never been our sole striker and I think he's a useful super sub or occasional start. I think his link up play would definitely play more in our current style than it did last year.

SYS

I don't really see why people dislike him so much. He should've never been our sole striker and I think he's a useful super sub or occasional start. I think his link up play would definitely play more in our current style than it did last year.

The back and forth of both sides is a broken record here. Lets not go back to those dark days again when we have finally seen the light.

say yes

forum master baiter

Yep. Think our fast paced, highly mobile, short passing, counter-attacking style would suit Giroud down to a tee.

Surely a complete coincidence that this newfound style has suddenly sprung up in his absence.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It feels like he's been downgraded to a bit part player for us. In the current system Perez is ahead of him and he'll see his minutes in an odd cup games or when we'll need a plan B at the 70th minute. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone in January (if he pushes for the move).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only game that I thought that we could have really done with Giroud was the Burnley game. Other than that we've not missed a striker of his nature at all.

Though Boro and Sunderland up next they might adopt a similar approach to Burnley so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I know as the season goes on it'll be good to have Giroud an option. From November through to about March is always such a testing period for us, if Giroud can come into a bit of form like he did in the 14/15 season in those months then it'll be a huge boost to our title challenge.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Haven't really missed him on the pitch, other than his sexiness of course.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He gets it in the neck from Arsenal fans, and he gets it in the neck from his national fans. That can really eat away at your confidence and test your mental resolve. He's limited, but I respect him.

I'd love nothing more than for him to come back and become the ultimate super sub.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Won't be long now . Noticed Özil and Bellerin kept lofting the ball into the box , a form of protest that Giroud is not starting ? I think so .
I think it's a great plan B to have, or even A, depending on how you think the game will pan out from the start. Alexis goes wide left and Giroud goes orthodox CF. To have had that option yesterday was the difference between 1 and 3 points. His value to the team has just gone up a notch on yesterdays evidence.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think it's a great plan B to have, or even A, depending on how you think the game will pan out from the start. Alexis goes wide left and Giroud goes orthodox CF. To have had that option yesterday was the difference between 1 and 3 points. His value to the team has just gone up a notch on yesterdays evidence.

Yeah agree makes a difference when there is someone that can occupy and receive a ball while holding of a defender in the box, opens up space for everyone else not to mention set pieces .

say yes

forum master baiter
Wouldn't disagree that Giroud could have made the difference yesterday: plan A certainly wasn't working and he's the definition of plan B.

Don't think that people should be getting carried away with it though. We've been held at the Emirates plenty of times with him in the lineup and this Giroud-less period is the best our attack has looked since the fabregas days. You can't win every game.

Having a Giroud/Welbeck on the bench would be useful for games where technical ability isn't going to unlock the opposition and we need a more physical option in there, but that's about as far as I'd go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom