• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would make him 2nd highest paid in the world, I believe. With all due respect to him as a player, he can swivel.
Tevez is on £650k a week in China. Messi is now on over £500k a week AFTER tax. Ronaldo currently gets £375k a week after tax as well.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Agreed. Perhaps I may be a little vindictive, if City pays 40 mill plus, I'm not sure Alexis will be getting anywhere as much as he purportedly wants whereas a free agent can command more because the club didn't spend money to purchase his services. Let both City and Sanchez lose some money ;) .

He's clearly motivated by money but he also has to consider his age. My guess would be he'd rather get a new 4 yr contract now with a new club, rather than wait until next summer, even though he would as you say, get a very good signing on fee. Also what if he stays with us this coming season and only scores 10 to 15 goals.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Tevez is on £650k a week in China. Messi is now on over £500k a well AFTER tax. Ronaldo currently gets £375k a week after tax as well.

China doesn't count, it terms of football, it's bizarro land.

Yes, he would be on higher pay than Ronaldo.

ETA:

Spanish taxes are higher than UK taxes.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Its clear he wants to leave, but we absolutely should not sell him, Suarez nearly won Liverpool the league a few weeks after wanting to leave. He can go next season on a free, in the meantime lets sign Lemar or Mahrez and this will be the summer where we are acting like a big club again.

I don't think that's clear at all. We certainly haven't heard anything from Alexis that would indicate this to be the case. All we have is paper talk. And conflicting paper talk at that. Aside from that, I agree with you wholeheartedly. If he does want to leave and doesn't sign a new contract, I'll happily wish him well next summer and won't be a bit concerned about where he goes next. Until then, he's under contract to Arsenal and gives the team the best chance of competing for a title this year.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I don't think that's clear at all. We certainly haven't heard anything from Alexis that would indicate this to be the case. All we have is paper talk. And conflicting paper talk at that. Aside from that, I agree with you wholeheartedly. If he does want to leave and doesn't sign a new contract, I'll happily wish him well next summer and won't be a bit concerned about where he goes next. Until then, he's under contract to Arsenal and gives the team the best chance of competing for a title this year.

If he wanted to stay, he would have said ages ago, this is going the same way as the van persie transfer, we just need to not give in for once. And this time we are signing proper replacements, last time we replaced RVP with Giroud. We make him honour his contract, next summer he ll be 29 and not worth 300k a week anyway.

carlito'sway

Established Member

If it has to happen, hope we do the same, with his dogs tied up in the background.

Veratti's agent is major douchebag. I am sure Veratti got his ass handed to him by the PSG's president after his agent went on his rant to the media yesterday, hence his statement today.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
They're a bit s**t then:

Nobody knows what's going on right now. I think we're just paranoid after past experiences (Judas, snake, etc.). People need to give our club stature more credit than what they perceive it to be. So long as Wenger is manager, transfer activity will always be in house and full of speculation and rumors outside of it.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If he wanted to stay, he would have said ages ago, this is going the same way as the van persie transfer, we just need to not give in for once. And this time we are signing proper replacements, last time we replaced RVP with Giroud. We make him honour his contract, next summer he ll be 29 and not worth 300k a week anyway.

No, I don't think he would have. He would have been advised by his agent not to say anything that would give Arsenal the upper hand in negotiations. It would have been far more likely for him to have said something if his wish was to go (as was the case with RVP).

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
No, I don't think he would have. He would have been advised by his agent not to say anything that would give Arsenal the upper hand in negotiations. It would have been far more likely for him to have said something if his wish was to go (as was the case with RVP).

Every other player who wants to stay, says so, no one will sign if the conditions arent favourable to them but they all say they are staying when they want to stay. Hes already been offered near 300k a week and if he wanted to stay he would have signed it by now.
He wants to leave, he shouldnt be allowed, lets win the league next season and then offer him half the money we did this summer.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We're not going to be held to ransom by mercenary players of any stripe. He's not going to City, we won't deal with local clubs & we don't need the money. He can resolve to put his head down & get on with business, putting in a decent shift for club & country thereby earning himself a plum contract with whichever team he prefers next summer.

Arsenal Football Club does not operate under any time constraints whilst Alexis will be 30 next summer which is when his current contract expires. We hold all the cards here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom