• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You think those two had chemistry? It didn't feel that way to me tbh. They both played better working off of Giroud IMO. They weren't Henry and Bergkamp or even Rooney-Ronaldo in terms of chemistry.

They 100% had great chemistry on the pitch. While I assume they didn't talk off the pitch, they both knew they we're a class above the rest of the team and managed to find each other all the time, regardless if they assisted one another I loved watching them play.

I said it before but it's a damn shame we didn't win anything major while we had both in their prime. That'll be a huge regret from Arsène imo.

sks4yba6wkf21.jpg

From now on we have the easiest fixtures on paper. We need to make it count and go upwards. Having said that, our away form and injuries count are real worries.

Easiest? Really?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mate, it’s not helping by saying Emery’s a bit better than Wenger’s worst ever season, particularly when he’s not having to contend with memes, social media rants, planes, boycotts and protests. That’s doing him a disservice.

There’s enough anti Emery stuff as it is;)
I don't think he saying that but his point is for his first season he done well also people should be more realistic our squad is 5th or 6th best in PL so the expectations should be more realistic

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whatever I think of Emery I just hope he builds a squad where every player 1-25 is pulling in the same direction.
Liverpool and Sp**s have given their respective coaches a leg up by the club’s structure and clever transfer dealing in building their squads.

Not even sure what our structure is. Emery is now Head Coach. In a restructure, Gazidis’ workload has been split between Venkatesham and Sanllehi, who is now Head of Football. Josh K has been given a greater role but what? Mislintat was Head of Recruitment, but they were planning to promote him to Technical Director in another restructure, but he’s buggered off. Huss Fahmy is Head Negotiator, is he still there? He’s not even mentioned in the Premier Leagues key personnel page any more. It’s all a mess, people coming and going like a revolving door.

So not sure who’s building the squad, but probably not Emery.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

I hate stuff like this. Chances are that all of the teams here will drop points to teams that they aren't expected to. If a table like this was made in early November, Southampton away would have been listed as our "easiest" fixture

So not sure who’s building the squad, but probably not Emery.

Our structure does appear to be a bit of a mess.

They 100% had great chemistry on the pitch. While I assume they didn't talk off the pitch, they both knew they we're a class above the rest of the team and managed to find each other all the time, regardless if they assisted one another I loved watching them play.

I said it before but it's a damn shame we didn't win anything major while we had both in their prime. That'll be a huge regret from Arséne imo.

Not in my eyes, they were quality players so made it work but I always felt like they both played at their best when the other one wasn't in the starting XI. Aubamaeyang and Lacazette even though they play in the same position have more chem IMO. I agree with your last paragraphth

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Emery is beign pragmatic and result orientated. We're putting out 'defensive' formations because as @BobP already explained we have absolutetly zero stability and quality at the back and no width apart from Iwobi and Kola. We're beign carried by world class strikers and Emery's ability to adapt to specific situations. It's all about CL football this season.

We're still showing a lot of progress, especially on an individual level. Some players look better and there seem to be more determination, motivation and belief shown by the team, especially in bigger games.

progman07

Established Member
The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that we need an ex-player as a manager (and Chelsea as well, by the way).

- Arsenal identity: attacking football, trust in creative players, trust in youth players (although these are difficult times for that, as discussed in other threads)
- Much bigger initial goodwill than for an outsider
- Probably has bigger respect as a former player, especially someone like Vieira who was a great internaltional player as well with lots of trophies

Obviously until we replace the bad performing players we cannot significantly progress, but this season our attack is only our two strikers' individual greatness, and Kolasinac's cut-backs. Absolutely no creativity.

Also, I would never again want to see us play with 5 defenders. It does not work. Our defense is not going to improve, because most of our mistakes are individual errors anyways.

Jae

I hate stuff like this. Chances are that all of the teams here will drop points to teams that they aren't expected to. If a table like this was made in early November, Southampton away would have been listed as our "easiest" fixture

Weren't you moaning only last week about the fact that Newcastle got a result against City but we didn't? :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bringing injuries into the Huddersfield game does any good Emery has done a disservice.

Even we a ravaged squad we should have enough not to be outplayed by the bottom of the league.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger averaged an incredible 75 points a season over 22 years. Which is incredible.

Emery is on 50 with 12 games left. At the moment he’s averaging a fraction under 2 points a game. Which should give him around 73 points. For his first season that is superb.

Klopp got 60 in his first season. Mourinho got 69 in his first season with United. Pep only got 78 with with a squad likes he’s got.

Well done Emery.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that we need an ex-player as a manager (and Chelsea as well, by the way).

- Arsenal identity: attacking football, trust in creative players, trust in youth players (although these are difficult times for that, as discussed in other threads)
- Probably has bigger respect as a former player, especially someone like Vieira who was a great internaltional player as well with lots of trophies

Obviously until we replace the bad performing players we cannot significantly progress, but this season our attack is only our two strikers' individual greatness, and Kolasinac's cut-backs. Absolutely no creativity.

Also, I would never again want to see us play with 5 defenders. It does not work. Our defense is not going to improve, because most of our mistakes are individual errors anyways.

Thierry at Monaco says hi.

People would've been discussing if his legacy as one of our greatest ever players would be tainted by his manegerial stint if things were playing out like they did at his now former job.

Hopefully that dissuaded Josh from still entertaining the ideia of a former player with little manegerial experience joining.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wenger averaged an incredible 75 points a season over 22 years. Which is incredible.

Emery is on 50 with 12 games left. At the moment he’s averaging a fraction under 2 points a game. Which should give him around 73 points. For his first season that is superb.

Klopp got 60 in his first season. Mourinho got 69 in his first season with United. Pep only got 78 with with a squad likes he’s got.

Well done Emery.

With a mess of a defense

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Other than the first one, how does any of that help us advance as a club.

This obsession with former players being managers here is just ridiculous. There isn;t one former player who could currently compete as a manager at this level.

NAME JUST ONE!

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I'm pointing out that you've changed your tune.

:rolleyes:

Wait are you saying that before I bemoaned the fact that Newcastle got a result against City but now I've said that big teams will drop points where they aren't expected to. So I've somehow changed my tune?

How?

I can acknowledge that teams will drop points yet still be annoyed at the fact that we couldn't beat City while Newcastle did. They aren't mutually exclusive. As I recall the argument put forward then was that City have a better squad than we do so its no shame to lose to them. I just put forward the fact that Newcastle, a squad worse than City's and our's managed to beat them this season.

In fact my post in this thread only supports that argument. Weaker teams can beat stronger teams all the time because football isn't played on paper. The fact that we're not on City's level doesn't mean we can't get a result in a 1 off game. We did it in the FA Cup. Newcastle did it this season

For me, the squad strength argument only matters when you're talking about which team you expect to finish where. Its no excuse when it comes to individual matches, where anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom