• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
I think he really need to develop the tactical acumen of his game. When it comes to recruitment and development of players, he gets high marks, when it comes to implementing a robust brand of football that allows us to dominate matches and give us the best chance to win, he gets high marks. When it comes to dealing with injured players and adapting to the fact injuries have reduced the quality available in the first team, he gets a below par score.

People need to realise if Pep ever left City, Arteta would make the short list of replacements. Arteta isnt some mug, he is highly regarded and I cant stand fans treating him like he is a donkey. By all means criticise, but if you cant see his qaulities as a manager then your missing the obvious

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He should be removed if his team collapses a 4th straight year end. He needs to show he can finish strong. So far he has done nothing special except find away to make Holding into the most destructive team selection in arsenal club history

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
The total and utter inability in the Arteta out faction capacity to name a replacement just speaks volumes.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The players have been mollycoddled by him. Saying he loves them after dropping points.

Probably gave them a gold star after yesterday's performance.

They will not learn from the mistakes at all . Unless he toughens them up.
We have seen the doco _ he rips into the team far more than I thought he actually would. They would have had the **** torn out of them in recent weeks. Just publicly supports them unlike other egos like conte and mourinho who make it all about their misfortune.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Every time he opted to rotate his team since the beginning of his tenure it all fell off a cliff. That might be the reason why he's scared to change things up.

Needs to figure that stuff out, or we'll always start as a good side and finish in mid-table fashion due to fatigue/injuries etc.
Squad strength is required;, also feel his footballing approach is currently a bit brittle. Excellent when our distributing midfielders and CB are on form, but loss of form or injuries in those positions and we seem to go backwards fast.

I don't blame him for not rotating too much this yr given I think he knows that performance dropoff will be significant with changes in just a few key positions.
He has to further develop the system flexibility to accommodate changes, or recruit far more ready, significant quality in key positions.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He should be removed if his team collapses a 4th straight year end. He needs to show he can finish strong. So far he has done nothing special except find away to make Holding into the most destructive team selection in arsenal club history
Let’s see what happens next season. We have improved no doubt and Arteta deserves credit for it. He has to show that he can use his full squad next season. He will be marked closely on how well we can play our football and pick up points without our first choice players.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The total and utter inability in the Arteta out faction capacity to name a replacement just speaks volumes.
Problem is that Potter's stock has fallen. Otherwise he was the obvious name everyone mentioned. The new Brighton coach hasn't been there long enough. If they do well next season his name will be the one mentioned. Simples! 😉

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You don't then judge subsequent managers by the same harsh standard you were annoyed about Arsène receiving, just to prove a point or make things even though :lol:

Why not? It's a benchmark. That's why Xhaka isn't in your list of legends despite making a million appearances. Arsenal benchmarks are harsh.

This is why many don't like Princess Arteta, because his fans were more than happy to bend the standards for him specifically yet demand top draw from everywhere else from the owner, the director Edu, to the players on the pitch.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Why not? It's a benchmark. That's why Xhaka isn't in your list of legends despite making a million appearances. Arsenal benchmarks are harsh.

This is why many don't like Princess Arteta, because his fans were more than happy to bend the standards for him specifically yet demand top draw from everywhere else from the owner, the director Edu, to the players on the pitch.

But it's generally accepted that Arsène got a raw deal and that's why people hold a grudge isn't?

If the standard was unfair you don't hold every subsequent manager to the same unfair standard to prove some kind of weird point based on bitterness.

But I'm not trying to make out Arteta is a legend or anything, neither are Theo or Keown and they've played for games for us than Xhaka.

All I'm saying is that overall Arteta has had a good season and that it's pretty silly to be lining up replacements for him or calling for his head if he doesn't win the PL or CL next season.

There are definitely facets of his management game that need to be improved upon though.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This stuff just gets circular when Arsène gets brought into it.

Arsène got treated harshly to a large extent towards the end and it's made some Arsenal fans bitter towards the club or fanbase. Fine, I see that totally and agree to a certain extent.

You don't then judge subsequent managers by the same harsh standard you were annoyed about Arsène receiving, just to prove a point or make things even though :lol:

For good or bad Arteta should be judged on his own merits and achievements ( or lack of them)not constantly being compared to Arsène. It's just silly 'My dad could beat up your dad' stuff.
How much do you think is just the merry go round of Internet forum beef? Here on A-M I think much of the locked positions and returning to earlier arguments are much of what causes it. With IRL friends and fans I see much less of this.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Let’s see what happens next season. We have improved no doubt and Arteta deserves credit for it. He has to show that he can use his full squad next season. He will be marked closely on how well we can play our football and pick up points without our first choice players.
I think even if he fails next year his excuse makers on here will trot out the same tired false grievances of a fake injury crisis and Stan not spending enough to compete

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Wenger went like 13 years without winning the league, and lost the league to Leicester ffs

bruh.gif

At this point just leave the legend in peace, jesus.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

But it's generally accepted that Arsène got a raw deal and that's why people hold a grudge isn't?

If the standard was unfair you don't hold every subsequent manager to the same unfair standard to prove some kind of weird point based on bitterness.

But I'm not trying to make out Arteta is a legend or anything, neither are Theo or Keown and they've played for games for us than Xhaka.

All I'm saying is that overall Arteta has had a good season and that it's pretty silly to be lining up replacements for him or calling for his head if he doesn't win the PL or CL next season.

There are definitely facets of his management game that need to be improved upon though.

Wenger's expectations were not harsh, the fan's carry on was. There is no shame in failing especially if you've provided excellence for way longer.

The standards for Princess Arteta should stay the same. For the most part most of the reasonably sane can conclude this was a successful season and a fantastic platform to build from.

If Arteta doesn't win anything major after 5 or however many years though, asking what he is doing here is a fair enough question, the guy joined at the end of 2019.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Wenger's expectations were not harsh, the fan's carry on was. There is no shame in failing especially if you've provided excellence for way longer.

The standards for Princess Arteta should stay the same. For the most part most of the reasonably sane can conclude this was a successful season and a fantastic platform to build from.

hehe-sneaky.gif

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom