• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciscoo

Interesting comments from Bielsa here.

He probably always had this role in mind. I doubt Eddie will move ahead of Bamford, but I wouldn’t rush to recall him until we find a much better fit.

But in the last 45 minutes he has played he has zero goals. :confused:

OHH NO. He is **** then? Or what are you trying to get across here?

He had goal every 78 minute before the game. Still on track for it. Stop hating for once. He is not gonna score every time he comes on.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

OHH NO. He is **** then? Or what are you trying to get across here?

He had goal every 78 minute before the game. Still on track for it. Stop hating for once. He is not gonna score every time he comes on.

He had 45 minutes to prove himself today and he didn't do anything of note. Not 10 minutes, not 20 minutes but an entire half of football. If he's this elite talent that many claim him to be he should be making some sort of an impact and he did absolutely nothing.

You're only as good as your most recent game and Nketiah came up short today.

He had 45 minutes to prove himself today and he didn't do anything of note. Not 10 minutes, not 20 minutes but an entire half of football. If he's this elite talent that many claim him to be he should be making some sort of an impact and he did absolutely nothing.

You're only as good as your most recent game and Nketiah came up short today.

Stop being stupid with expecting young developing players to score every 45 minutes. Please.

Great from Bielsa give him more game time. Nketiah earned with recent performances.

Tir Na Nog

Stop being stupid with expecting young developing players to score every 45 minutes. Please.

Great from Bielsa give him more game time. Nketiah earned with recent performances.

He's a striker. I thought all he needed was to be given more time. He had an entire 45 minutes, an entire half of football plus added time to make an impact. Even if it wasn't to score a goal to create a chance or do something.

I'm not sure if Bielsa will give him much more time than he had today if he's not gonna contribute.

He's a striker. I thought all he needed was to be given more time. He had an entire 45 minutes, an entire half of football plus added time to make an impact. Even if it wasn't to score a goal to create a chance or do something.

I'm not sure if Bielsa will give him much more time than he had today if he's not gonna contribute.

So you expecting Auba to score 2 goals every game? Jesus.

Tir Na Nog

So you expecting Auba to score 2 goals every game? Jesus.

No, but if we brought Auba on I'd expect him to make some sort of an impact, especially if he was fighting for a starting spot he wasn't guaranteed. You have to show something, if Nketiah is gonna come on for 45 minutes and not do a thing then it doesn't bode well for him I'm afraid. Look I'm desperate for him to succeed, but what can I do if he's not producing? Bury my head?

No, but if we brought Auba on I'd expect him to make some sort of an impact, especially if he was fighting for a starting spot he wasn't guaranteed. You have to show something, if Nketiah is gonna come on for 45 minutes and not do a thing then it doesn't bode well for him I'm afraid. Look I'm desperate for him to succeed, but what can I do if he's not producing? Bury my head?

Mate it was tricky away tie against team that is in 3rd position just behind Leeds.

Sometimes games are like that. Just dead draws.

Not like Leeds are team that create enough chances for their status in league either.

But yeah what a piece of **** Nketiah is not being able to score at goal per 45 minute rate.

Tir Na Nog

Mate it was tricky away tie against team that is in 3rd position just behind Leeds.

Sometimes games are like that. Just dead draws.

Not like Leeds are team that create enough chances for their status in league either.

But yeah what a piece of **** Nketiah is not being able to score at goal per 45 minute rate.

I was mistaken for thinking he was an elite level talent, he showed nothing in his 45 minutes today which makes you think he's an elite level striker. Nothing that forces Bielsas hand when everyone's been crying for Bielsa to start. When he's on the bench people are crying for him to start, when he's given 45 minutes and does nothing the same people are saying the expectations are too high? Hmmm.... I think there's some goalposts being moved here.

All this proves is that so far Bielsa has been right to limit him to being nothing more than an impact sub and that's the point I'm trying to make.

I was mistaken for thinking he was an elite level talent, he showed nothing in his 45 minutes today which makes you think he's an elite level striker. Nothing that forces Bielsas hand when everyone's been crying for Bielsa to start. When he's on the bench people are crying for him to start, when he's given 45 minutes and does nothing the same people are saying the expectations are too high? Hmmm.... I think there's some goalposts being moved here.

All this proves is that so far Bielsa has been right to limit him to being nothing more than an impact sub and that's the point I'm trying to make.

He has goal per every 78 minute before the game. Why the **** are you saying he does nothing when he is gets game time? :lol:

He is taking his first steps at senior level getting constant game time. He is on right track. Bielsa is starting to give him more game time. Elite management.

Tir Na Nog

He has goal per every 78 minute before the game. Why the **** are you saying he does nothing when he is gets game time? :lol:

He is taking his first steps at senior level getting constant game time. He is on right track. Bielsa is starting to give him more game time. Elite management.

He did nothing today, that's why I'm saying what I am saying.

Well this is my whole point people were crying about Bielsa not giving him starts and his cameo today proved he's not ready to start games. I don't know what's so hard to get about all this. Had Nketiah won Leeds the game today or did something to make Bielsa take notice he'd be in serious contention for a start in their next game. But he didn't do anything so people shouldn't be surprised and cry at Bielsa when he doesn't start their next league game. That's all I'm trying to say.

He did nothing today, that's why I'm saying what I am saying.

Well this is my whole point people were crying about Bielsa not giving him starts and his cameo today proved he's not ready to start games. I don't know what's so hard to get about all this. Had Nketiah won Leeds the game today or did something to make Bielsa take notice he'd be in serious contention for a start in their next game. But he didn't do anything so people shouldn't be surprised and cry at Bielsa when he doesn't start their next league game. That's all I'm trying to say.

I think the more he will be played the easier it will get for him. He is developing. Bielsa has start giving him more game time, game time that Nketiah has earned with great performances. Scoring goal per under 90 minutes is not easy in a team that is not good at creating chances like Leeds.

He might have done nothing today in tricky away game against team high in the table, that happens. Sometimes team don't score. Strikers don't score. Its how the game work.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He looked alright when he came on. Was better than Bamford at least but can see what he needs to work on otherwise Bamford will keep starting despite not being as good because he fundamentally fits the team needs a tiny bit more. That said, they need goals and Nketiah will score with more time given. He got a decent 45 mins in and had some good moments. He set up the best chance Leeds had through good play out in the channels - again more proof that he does more than poach.

Encouraging but room for improvement. Think while we should consider a recall if we want him to have more starts, hes in a decent spot for Leeds right now. Still see a top striker in there.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The trouble with Nketiah is that he's a finishing touch kind of striker, you have to create for him to perform. His game today is like one of Aubas games when we create nothing and he disappears.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The trouble with Nketiah is that he's a finishing touch kind of striker, you have to create for him to perform. His game today is like one of Aubas games when we create nothing and he disappears.
With Bamford they didn't create anything either. He is clearly out of form. Even a lot of Leeds fans want Nketiah to start, some on his own, some along with Bamford as a front two

samshere

Why so serieuse?
With Bamford they didn't create anything either. He is clearly out of form. Even a lot of Leeds fans want Nketiah to start, some on his own, some along with Bamford as a front two
Yeah, but if your team isn't creating chances and you have two strikers that won't score who would you rather give time to, your own striker or the one on loan. I understand Bieslas decisions and feel like we should let Nketiah remain where he is. Its not like Nketiah isn't getting any game time, its just lesser than what we wouldve hoped for.

zilfy

Auba was terrible last game, and he played 90 minutes.

Therefore

Aubameyang is a terrible player.

Invincible logic!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Auba was terrible last game, and he played 90 minutes.

Therefore

Aubameyang is a terrible player.

Invincible logic!
I understand what he's saying, eddie has to make sure the small sample size Bielsa has od him is elite enough not to ignore.

At the same time, i see how it's harsh and unreasonable for a youngster, BUT this is the very nature of sport at the top level.. is cut throat. I think eddie will be fine though

Ashybashy86

I think Eddie is a very good poacher. I don't think he's strong enough to play with his back to goal. I didn't watch his full 45 mins, and didn't know he was on for that long. From the little I did watch, Leeds didn't do much when they had the ball. It was mostly SW attacking and recycling the ball. There was a moment Eddie received the ball, I think from a throw in, beat two players and won a freekick. Other than that he was just isolated chasing back-passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom