• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Arsenal vs Reading | 25th of October at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Expecting Arsène to rotate a bit.

Martinez
Debuchy (Bellerin) - Holding - Gabriel - Gibbs
ElNeny - Maitland Niles
Chamberlain - Jeff - Iwobi
Perez​

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Is Zelalem fit for this? If so I'd play the team below. It'll be a welcome addition to see a younger team and forget about today for a while.. I always love this competition simply because it gives us a chance to see our younger players in a tougher environment - I miss the days where our reserves could almost win the trophy themselves. Hopefully this year we can put in a good campaign.

Martinez
Jenkinson - Gabriel - Holding - Gibbs
Zelalem - Coq
AMN - Jeff - Ox
Perez

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Debuchy hasn't been seen at all, and Jenkinson has had a solid hour under his belt, so I reckon Jenks might get the nod. The darkhorse option is the regular U23s right back Chiori Johnson. He's one of those players I never see have a bad game - he's quick, good one-on-one and very steady.

I'd kill for a Maitland-Niles-Zelalem pivot personally, but that won't happen. I just hope Maitland-Niles doesn't get put at right back again - not that he isn't good there, but he's miles better at CM and should be given that opportunity there.

We might also see Mavididi get some minutes, given that Giroud is unlikely to be ready, and Lucas is the only other striker.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Debuchy hasn't been seen at all, and Jenkinson has had a solid hour under his belt, so I reckon Jenks might get the nod. The darkhorse option is the regular U23s right back Chiori Johnson. He's one of those players I never see have a bad game - he's quick, good one-on-one and very steady.

I'd kill for a Maitland-Niles-Zelalem pivot personally, but that won't happen. I just hope Maitland-Niles doesn't get put at right back again - not that he isn't good there, but he's miles better at CM and should be given that opportunity there.

We might also see Mavididi get some minutes, given that Giroud is unlikely to be ready, and Lucas is the only other striker.

Is Akpom injured?

Linson

Ospina
Debuchy Gabriel Holding Gibbs
El-Neny Maitland-Niles
Oxlade-Chamberlain Zelalem Perez
Giroud​

Why waste time with this one? We lose nothing by playing the above players, who are all closest to first XI, and keeping them match fit.

Linson

We might also see Mavididi get some minutes

Let's hold back on the murder for the moment...

Also, who's Mavididi?

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Ospina
Debuchy Gabriel Holding Gibbs
El-Neny Maitland-Niles
Oxlade-Chamberlain Zelalem Perez
Giroud​

Why waste time with this one? We lose nothing by playing the above players, who are all closest to first XI, and keeping them match fit.

Zelalem ahead of Jeff?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is Akpom injured?
Yes. Back injury - not known when he will be back.

Let's hold back on the murder for the moment...

Also, who's Mavididi?

Stephy Mavididi is the U23s regular striker. He's a Hale End product - he's not the tallest (5'11 I think), but he's very powerful and decent technically. He has good link-up play, unselfish movement and has a decent finish with both feet. Tends to pick up goals at important times.

Not quite heralded as much as our other talents, but since he stepped up to U21/23 level, he's been a regular scorer, even more clinical than Donyell Malen, who is seen as a bigger talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes. Back injury - not known when he will be back.

Stephy Mavididi is the U23s regular striker. He's a Hale End product - he's not the tallest (5'11 I think), but he's very powerful and decent technically. He has good link-up play, unselfish movement and has a decent finish with both feet. Tends to pick up goals at important times.

Not quite heralded as much as our other talents, but since he stepped up to U21/23 level, he's been a regular scorer, even more clinical than Donyell Malen, who is seen as a bigger talent.
Here's a comp of Mavididi:

carlito'sway

Established Member
For Xhaka's red card, if the theories of "Wenger wanted to bring Coquelin back uncontested/teach Xhaka a lesson" are true, it definitely was a bad move.

It's possible (and probable) though that he knows the FA won't back down because it technically is the right call, so we're just rather unlucky. We may need to call upon a youngster, which is worrying but also exciting.

This conspiracy theory is really in the tin foil hat category.
:p

Ewarwoowar

Expecting Arsène to rotate a bit.

Martinez
Debuchy (Bellerin) - Holding - Gabriel - Gibbs
ElNeny - Maitland Niles
Chamberlain - Jeff - Iwobi
Perez​

^This,, Iwobi making way for Giroud second half, shifting Perez out wide. Tho' there maybe a chance Arsène chooses Coq Elneny again in an attempt to get them to Gel before Sunderland if no chance of Caz or Ramsey returning for that game. If this is the case, Niles could do right back again.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Martinez
Jenkinson Gabi Holding Gibbs
Jeff Xhaka Elneny Ox
Giroud Lucas

hi-res-4c0e5fdd8afe817aee2fdfacd4321f5e_crop_north.jpg

Mike Vinna

People apparently love Maitland-Niles. I'd rather see Zelalem in central midfield myself.

Ospina

Jenkinson Holding Gabriel Gibbs

Elneny Zelalem

Chamberlain Adelaide Iwobi

Perez
An alternative could be Perez on the left with Giroud up front if fully fit.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Perez is surely nailed on to start at CF? Not sure why we would go with Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom