• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Arsenal vs Reading | 25th of October at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel_Gunner

Giroud is back from injury. I don't think Wenger starts players coming back from injury directly unless there is a dire need.

if Giroud is back and fit (no risk) and Wenger is not planning to start Giroud for Alexis as CF next game(s) it's just logical to play Giroud in EFL.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Big game for Chamberlain and Perez, if they can perform they could force their way into the starting 11.
Doubt that very much. Obvisouly they need to play well to get into the team but I do not feel there is any way of either of them getting ahead of Iwobi or Sanchez. Not from one game at least. Love the fact that we have competition on our wings though!

RacingPhoton

Established Member
if Giroud is back and fit (no risk) and Wenger is not planning to start Giroud for Alexis as CF next game(s) it's just logical to play Giroud in EFL.
Yes. But Wenger won't risk playing him all 90 minutes. Either he will come off the bench or he will start and will be substituted soon.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Let's hope that this game doesn't turn out like Sheffield of last season, which was at same period: late October.

Besides getting thumped 3-0, Theo and Ox got injured in the space of first 20 minutes, which derailed our momentum we had till then.

Reading is managed by Jaap Stam, so wondering if he employs brutal defending style as in his playing days.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
But why would we start him over Perez?

There could be an argument for giving them both a run out and trying Perez wide. I think they need to rotate Walcott and Iwobi soon and keep them on their toes.

Rocky

Doubt that very much. Obvisouly they need to play well to get into the team but I do not feel there is any way of either of them getting ahead of Iwobi or Sanchez. Not from one game at least. Love the fact that we have competition on our wings though!

It might be more than one game though. Both had a role against Ludogorets and both could start against them in the away game.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Let's hope that this game doesn't turn out like Sheffield of last season, which was at same period: late October.

Besides getting thumped 3-0, Theo and Ox got injured in the space of first 20 minutes, which derailed our momentum we had till then.

Reading is managed by Jaap Stam, so wondering if he employs brutal defending style as in his playing days.
WHY WHY WHY! I was over that and now you bring it up.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

He may well against us, but so far for Reading in the Championship he's tried to play total football- no word of a lie.

He's been strict in his philosophies and hasn't adapted, despite many thinking his style isn't viable in the championship. I'd love for him to come to The Emirates and play.

I've just realised we've got a real shot at winning this trophy. One of Liverpool/Spuds and Man Utd/Man City will be going out for certain in this round, the draw was ridiculously kind to us. It's a competition Wenger hasn't won yet too, would be good for him to have won everything there is to win domestically.

Need significant rotation for this one, Alexis in particular has been looking a bit leggy. A week off is just what the doctor ordered for some of our players. I'd go;

Martinez
Jenkinson Gabriel Holding Gibbs
Elneny Zelalem
Maitland-Niles Jeff Chamberlain
Perez

Should win this comfortably, it's always good to see our young players getting a shot. Big chance for Ox and Perez to impress, one of them could easily start against Sunderland away.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He's been strict in his philosophies and hasn't adapted, despite many thinking his style isn't viable in the championship. I'd love for him to come to The Emirates and play.

Wow, I always thought we're away to Reading :)

Then it makes is easier for Wenger to rotate and use home advantage.

They're in good position in Championship and with some recent positive results, I don't expect them to prioritize League Cup considering the remaining teams in this competition.

There are hardly any players which seem like could cause us problems. Maybe Al-Habsi will have a blinder, but I expect us to cruise past them.

Rocky

I think it'll be Ox, just a question of who partners him.

I'd bank on Elneny after Coq has had two starts straight back from injury (he really shouldn't have played the full game in the CL IMO)

Interesting that Iwobi plays. He could be playing to fight off competition and presumably a chance at CAM with Jeff wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom