• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Felix is such a good player. He's technically brilliant, very mobile, great passer/playmaker and can create chances on his own. He's around 181-182cm's tall aswell. So he's not tiny either.

One of the big issues though is if the physical aspect of the Premier League would suit him. I'm pretty sure he would adapt nicely, but you never know. He's only shown glimpses of the real him under Simeone (though he is very restricted).

The biggest issue for me is the price. If we thought Vlahovic was expensive then wait until you see what Atletico will want for Felix.
The amount it would cost to get him puts us where if we've got CL Football to offer we should just show some balls and make Bellingham or Rice turn us down. We're talking 100m territory with enormous wages. At that point we may as well go for a player that will truly transform the team and one of those fits the bill far more than Felix.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I like the idea of Felic at CF. Huge ceiling and would be a better false 9 than Laca. Question marks over his physicality and finishing.

The biggest issue is the price. You could say he hasn’t quite worked out yet at Atletico but I see them wanting their money back. So that’s an insane fee.

If it’s going to be around 100m we can spend on a CF, isn’t Lautaro Martinez a good shout? Granted I haven’t seen much Inter recently so maybe someone else can tell me how he’s doing?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I like the idea of Felic at CF. Huge ceiling and would be a better false 9 than Laca. Question marks over his physicality and finishing.

The biggest issue is the price. You could say he hasn’t quite worked out yet at Atletico but I see them wanting their money back. So that’s an insane fee.

If it’s going to be around 100m we can spend on a CF, isn’t Lautaro Martinez a good shout? Granted I haven’t seen much Inter recently so maybe someone else can tell me how he’s doing?
If you gonna spend that big on a player shouldn’t you play them in their natural position? Both these guys are better of playing behind a main striker and works better in two

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like Joao Felix a lot as a player and I’d readily admit he’s been held back by Simeone to try and fit into our system.

The main issue we’ve had is that he’s not a number 9 at all so if Arsenal bought him, I don’t see the fit with MØ and we’d still be short at striker because I don’t think he can handle it.

Also just want to correct some mistruths I’ve seen here. Atletico in my mind have played a far more expansive game than Arsenal this year.

It’s been sloppy defending and a down year from Oblak which has caused the issues. I’m not using that to criticise Arteta but the reason Felix hasn’t stuck isn’t because there’s 10 men camped behind the ball with no runners.

Mainly Correa has been the far better option this year and there’s no number 9 for Felix to play off as Suarez has started to fall off really hard. Simeone clearly wants him to operate in a different role to what he’s comfortable doing.

It can take a long time to happen, it only recently started coming together for Lemar.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I like Joao Felix a lot as a player and I’d readily admit he’s been held back by Simeone to try and fit into our system.

The main issue we’ve had is that he’s not a number 9 at all so if Arsenal bought him, I don’t see the fit with MØ and we’d still be short at striker because I don’t think he can handle it.

Also just want to correct some mistruths I’ve seen here. Atletico in my mind have played a far more expansive game than Arsenal this year.

It’s been sloppy defending and a down year from Oblak which has caused the issues. I’m not using that to criticise Arteta but the reason Felix hasn’t stuck isn’t because there’s 10 men camped behind the ball with no runners.

Mainly Correa has been the far better option this year and there’s no number 9 for Felix to play off as Suarez has started to fall off really hard. Simeone clearly wants him to operate in a different role to what he’s comfortable doing.

It can take a long time to happen, it only recently started coming together for Lemar.

Ahh the post I was waiting for. You don’t think Felix could operate in the spaces Laca inhabits for us? MØ is always drifting right towards Saka and Laca drops very deep to help our build up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ahh the post I was waiting for. You don’t think Felix could operate in the spaces Laca inhabits for us? MØ is always drifting right towards Saka and Laca drops very deep to help our build up.

He just doesn’t have the attributes for it. He likes to carry from the half spaces and can’t turn off the last defender’s shoulder like we’d need him to.

The off ball runs that strikers have to make to get goals I’ve never seen him make. He needs someone who’s feet he can play passes into and make runs off that.

We’d have four playmakers if we got him but I think position wise we need someone who can make movement that occupy defenders and also who the ball sticks with.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I been saying who says Simeone is holding him back hasn’t watched Atletico and think they ate this defensive side. They are easily more attacking than us. And Correa who is a similar player has played better than him for a while. The real truth is if Atletico didn’t spend absurd amount of money on him he wouldn’t have got many minutes with the way he has been performing

Atletico spent 113 million on a 19 year old with one very promising season in Portugal. The reality is they took a huge gamble as they thought they we’re getting the next big thing in world football. He just hasn’t developed the way people were expecting 3 years on. I also feel Henry being developed as striker has kinda made people think hey you can take any attacking player and make them striker

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Yeah I been saying who says Simeone is holding him back hasn’t watched Atletico and think they ate this defensive side. They are easily more attacking than us. And Correa who is a similar player has played better than him for a while. The real truth is if Atletico didn’t spend absurd amount of money on him he wouldn’t have got many minutes with the way he has been performing

Atletico spent 113 million on a 19 year old with one very promising season in Portugal. The reality is they took a huge gamble as they thought they we’re getting the next big thing in world football. He just hasn’t developed the way people were expecting 3 years on. I also feel Henry being developed as striker has kinda made people think hey you can take any attacking player and make them striker
This. I don’t think people realise just how lucky we were when it came to Henry. Thierry Henry had the pace that most wingers could dream of, the strength of a target man, the vision and creativity of the best 10s in the world and the finishing of an elite striker. And even then. Henry did not play like a conventional striker, he often drifted out wide and cut in like most wide forwards. If anything, Arteta is looking for a RvP more then an Henry.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
This. I don’t think people realise just how lucky we were when it came to Henry. Thierry Henry had the pace that most wingers could dream of, the strength of a target man, the vision and creativity of the best 10s in the world and the finishing of an elite striker. And even then. Henry did not play like a conventional striker, he often drifted out wide and cut in like most wide forwards. If anything, Arteta is looking for a RvP more then an Henry.
If Arteta is looking for a Rvp, Patrick Schick will become the first choice

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably more based on taking Griezmann as a left winger and turning him into a prolific striker.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
dont think we were lucky there, cause one man knew it, but, I fully agree with the last point you made about RVP style.

Young players like Felix and Bellingham just take one look at the tremendous job Arteta is doing with our youngsters and surely they want to be part of that!

Haven't seen such a magnet factor for a player from a coach since Daddy Wenger was here!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Young players like Felix and Bellingham just take one look at the tremendous job Arteta is doing with our youngsters and surely they want to be part of that!

Haven't seen such a magnet factor for a player from a coach since Daddy Wenger was here!
Bellingham because hr English alot of top English clubs will want him more easier to get Félix if A.Madrid dumb enough to sell him.

As you said because we have young squad most top young players will likely join us similar to Dortmund.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
English media report we offered chance to sign Felix.

Likely copying Spanish media but if we qualify to CL the chances of signing him are pretty high imo

Felix has some proper se-xy football in his locker doesn't he? Only concern is his output as a CF is a bit slim but I guess that could change or he could thrive in a deeper role maybe.

I'm sure it won't happen, but our technical level would go up immensely if we brought in Felix and Frenkie. Would be proper excited about that even with concerns about goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom