• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Julian Draxler

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
It's inspired by Y2J Chris Jericho. He has a new gimmick whereby anyone who insults, disagrees with or offends him gets placed on 'The List of Jericho.'

Same for me on here, except it's The List of Taylor. I'm still a kid at heart evidently, I love the WWE.

It's just a bit of fun mate, and none of the names on it are permanent. I think you're a good poster.

:lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Sanchez is not a "proven world class player" then and he is not one now..... yet. He was cheap because he showed potential and more than a few flashes of brilliance at Barca but never really fit into their tika taka football. He has fit into our football a lot more and has showed what he can do this season, but let's not pretend he's the perfect striker or is an Henry/Van Persie tier player. Maybe he can be considered one if he ends up this season as top scorer in the premier league.

£30M is not great value for Draxler, Gotze returned to Dortmund on £18.3m and Draxler is nowhere near as proven and hyped as Gotze was in the past. Right now Draxler is exactly the second coming of Hleb, all potential but far from being a complete package that can frighten opponents. Precisely the same as Chamberlain and Iwobi. So I think anyone expecting him to be an improvement from Chamberlain and Iwobi at least in the short term is expecting too much from him.

He was absolutely a world class player before he came to us. He was a top, top player at Udinese and his WC in 2014 confirmed that status. He has basically won every trophy there is to win, scored hattricks in Serie A, La Liga and the PL, he basically carried Chile to the Copa America this year, WTF else does one have to do to be considered World effing Class.

If Alexis isn't world class then only Messi and Ronaldo are WC.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was absolutely a world class player before he came to us. He was a top, top player at Udinese and his WC in 2014 confirmed that status. He has basically won every trophy there is to win, scored hattricks in Serie A, La Liga and the PL, he basically carried Chile to the Copa America this year, WTF else does one have to do to be considered World effing Class.

If Alexis isn't world class then only Messi and Ronaldo are WC.
I have also never understood that argument.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

Draxler started last night and had one assist for Mario Gomez in a 2-1 win at Gladbach. His second assist in two games. Would love to have him on the left flank. Would be nice to see some here backtracking on him as well.

Whatever level people rate him he improves us.

Could ignite our passing game. Give Özil, Xhaka & Iwobi someone to build play with + take pressure off the central midfield.

dra.png

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
However, I really do think we need midfield reinforcements rather than another attacking midfielder/forward.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'd love Lucas Moura if he's not playing regularly there plus Draxler is potentially being added, but I'd imagine he's a key man for PSG.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I don't have a problem with the wingers in the squad, bar maybe Theo who has a stupidly high wage. And Welbeck if you want to include him. But not as starters, I don't think any of them would look out of place at Southampton for example. I'm fine with Iwobi and Ox because they have a high ceiling (Iwobi anyway) but not starting every week. I'm keen to see more of Perez though.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I definitely think we need another forward; Iwobi, Theo and Ox doesn't really cut it. We have a lot of midfielders but no balance.
After I posted I remembered that I've been calling for quality attacking reinforcements but after seeing us meekly surrender midfield in two tough away games, I've got me thinking we need some vitality, mobility and class in midfield. However, I'd take Draxler all day long and like you I believe he's an upgrade on what we currently have. Hope he's tough enough for the Premier League though.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
After I posted I remembered that I've been calling for quality attacking reinforcements but after seeing us meekly surrender midfield in two tough away games, I've got me thinking we need some vitality, mobility and class in midfield. However, I'd take Draxler all day long and like you I believe he's an upgrade on what we currently have. Hope he's tough enough for the Premier League though.
I agree we need both, but I think the midfield issue is as much tactical as it is to do with quality, and it's been a tactical issue for years. Out wide we're simply lacking in quality.

Vibra

Established Member
However, I really do think we need midfield reinforcements rather than another attacking midfielder/forward.

I doubt a midfielder who would actually improve us will be available in january and we don't need another Elneny type of signing, we have the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom