• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Buhry

Established Member

He is drifting more of late anyway, but look at the passes he makes from that side.

He's really taken it to the next level the last few motnhs in terms of his ball retention under pressure and his passing accuracy on the difficult passes. Such a pleasure to watch him play in 2024.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He is drifting more of late anyway, but look at the passes he makes from that side.

The RCM vs LCM debate is irrelevant. Next season, one of Bruno G or João Neves will be starting games, meaning Ødegaard will be given a free role. It never sat right with me how Zinchenko was given the free role when he is not that important to our team in the long run.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The RCM vs LCM debate is irrelevant. Next season, one of Bruno G or João Neves will be starting games, meaning Ødegaard will be given a free role. It never sat right with me how Zinchenko was given the free role when he is not that important to our team in the long run.
We been linked with Neves? Don’t get me gassed!?

RunTheTrap

Guessing you and Dyche don't want him for different reasons though :eyess:

Neves would be so so good. Especially if we keep Partey and Jorginho, gives him time to settle. What are your thoughts on Bruno for 80m?
Dyche telling the Everton board to sell Onana: “I’m not racist but…”

I’m selling Partey regardless of who we bring in the summer. We have played this game enough times to know how it ends. As for Bruno for £80M, I’m all for it. I think he can go up a level surrounded with better players and a top coach to develop him. However, he’ll be 27 in November, and similarly to Rice, his game is based on his superb athleticism. You're looking at around 5/6 years of service before his legs go. Couple that with Rice getting older, and that will leave us replacing our two starting midfielders at the same time which isn't ideal. I would much rather sign Neves, who I believe is equally if not more talented than Bruno, and will give us 10+ years of service or a healthy sale fee.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Dyche telling the Everton board to sell Onana: “I’m not racist but…”

I’m selling Partey regardless of who we bring in the summer. We have played this game enough times to know how it ends. As for Bruno for £80M, I’m all for it. I think he can go up a level surrounded with better players and a top coach to develop him. However, he’ll be 27 in November, and similarly to Rice, his game is based on his superb athleticism. You're looking at around 5/6 years of service before his legs go. Couple that with Rice getting older, and that will leave us replacing our two starting midfielders at the same time which isn't ideal. I would much rather sign Neves, who I believe is equally if not more talented than Bruno, and will give us 10+ years of service or a healthy sale fee.

Difficult isn’t it. Long term Neves would be the choice. But are we at a point where we need to be thinking more short term? Trophies are needed now to back up the performances. As much as a dislike Bruno, he makes more sense from that perspective. 80m still seems a lot though.

RunTheTrap

Difficult isn’t it. Long term Neves would be the choice. But are we at a point where we need to be thinking more short term? Trophies are needed now to back up the performances. As much as a dislike Bruno, he makes more sense from that perspective. 80m still seems a lot though.
Neves is good enough to make an impact right now. I believe in his talent. He's that Kroos/Scholes/Alonso type of midfielder that we've missed for years.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
What do you dislike about Bruno? I’m not 100% on him, not really sure what his special qualities are.
Why not go big for musiala or wirtz or someone? Slap 100m on the table

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom