• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leicester City 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, February 25 | KO: 15:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

86a7e582ced3f6822776b5ce331b2ad1_crop_exact.jpg

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Lovely bit of analysis here, briefly describing how we manipulated Leicester’s man to man press, to create space for ourselves. Trossard and Jorginho using their positioning and passing respectively, to create some good situations for us.

We truly are on our way to an elite team now.

I mean, it goes without saying that Partey is an elite midfielder. But you can see why Uncle Mikel wanted Jorginho so badly when he first arrived.

Whilst he lacks Partey athleticism, his vision and pass execution is unbelievable. I’m not so sure they can play together (I personally wouldn’t want them to) but what a couple of options we have at no.6 now.

bergholt

Is it me or are these types of passes getting extremely rare? Maybe it’s the tighter defending of the modern game.

Maybe clubs see it as low expected value. Most likely the pass doesn't reach the intended target or if it does (as here) then the player is closed down. Whereas the risk is that it's intercepted and then you're unstructured in defence because all your players were charging forward to make position.

Badger_Revenge

We obviously took our lessons from Everton and Brentford. I'd argue that defensive resilience came at the cost of some attacking edge. The deft touch from Trossard negated that though. We ended up scoring in transition.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Think this cannot be highlighted enough. This is like Guardiola's sides when they are at their best. Relentless in getting back to snuff out attacks.

I think it showed that Leicester had their best player out in Maddison.

Their decision making in counter-attacks and last actions were horrible. I have no doubt that Jorginho can cause problems in transition if he plays DMF against opponents that have the quality to punish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom