• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leicester City 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, February 25 | KO: 15:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

86a7e582ced3f6822776b5ce331b2ad1_crop_exact.jpg

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It was a foul on the keeper. White had him gripped around the wrist with his right arm. The annoying thing is keepers getting blocked off/obstructed tends to go unpunished when it stops them from making a save just as much as holding the keepers arm.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That White penalty situation was weird to me.

Maybe by the letter of the law it is a foul but if that's the level of physical contact to warrant a free kick there should be a penalty / free kick given at literally every corner.

Minimal holding / touching happens at every individual duel from a corner. You can't just give these soft decisions in favour of goalkeepers. It has to be applied to every other challenge / duel.
White held Ward's hand for a long time. Otherwise Ward could have grabbed the ball easily rather than fist it.

I'm not sure how this is so hard to see for some.

White tried a cunning move, there referee could not see it. VAR might have missed it because they are so bad, so it was a good try from White imo. Arsenal has suffered from similar calls, so why not try it.

Fp0rONQXgAA8eJB

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Close loss in terms of the scoreline.
Isn't that a bit Captain Obvious? Think we all can interpret a numerical score line correctly. 😉

I actually think Rogers had a good summary in that only the score was close. We totally dominated them. We just didn't score enough for various reasons.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That White penalty situation was weird to me.

Maybe by the letter of the law it is a foul but if that's the level of physical contact to warrant a free kick there should be a penalty / free kick given at literally every corner.

Minimal holding / touching happens at every individual duel from a corner. You can't just give these soft decisions in favour of goalkeepers. It has to be applied to every other challenge / duel.
This is one the referees and VAR give as a foul if they want to and not if the do not.

My point is that there is no rule here just subjective interpretation of a given situation by the referees. Everyone is free to interpret why it seems to go mainly one way for Arsenal (against us).

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

VAR might have missed it
😀 That is a bit gullible, isn't it? They were going to go over those replay pictures in the minutest details. Just like with the Ødegaard "foul" against ManU. No way they would miss that if they had a picture showing any holding.

em9999

My rainbows
I was a game happy with win , Leicester toothless and we passed it well but didnt create enough...which is a concern

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

😀 That is a bit gullible, isn't it? They were going to go over those replay pictures in the minutest details. Just like with the Ødegaard "foul" against ManU. No way they would miss that if they had a picture showing any holding.
The point was that the refs are incompetent, so you never know what they miss and what they don't. It's not only Arsenal that gets bad calls, eventhough we get a lot of them.

But maybe White should have just tried to jump more than hold the hand.

em9999

My rainbows
3 points, but honestly disappointed at the overall performance and especially the lack of urgency
I agree I sat and watched Newcastle get three in first 30 mins against Leicester.. we created patterns and dominated more than them .. but but created next to nothing... we need to hammer someone

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The point was that the refs are incompetent, so you never know what they miss and what they don't. It's not only Arsenal that gets bad calls, eventhough we get a lot of them.

But maybe White should have just tried to jump more than hold the hand.
I would say they are biased and incompetent on the whole.

Yesterday's VAR was clearly biased in my view. They found something to disallow Trossard's goal on and decided to raise that to the referee and they did the opposite on the rugby tackle on Saka for what would have been a clear penalty had it been done against say Sp**s or Man U. Put Rashford or Kane in that situation and it is 100% a penalty!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Isn't that a bit Captain Obvious? Think we all can interpret a numerical score line correctly. 😉

I actually think Rogers had a good summary in that only the score was close. We totally dominated them. We just didn't score enough for various reasons.
I hoped it would be obvious, but it didn't seem so to the poster who quoted me.

My main point was nevertheless that I thought Rodgers was gracious in defeat.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
It was a foul on the keeper. White had him gripped around the wrist with his right arm. The annoying thing is keepers getting blocked off/obstructed tends to go unpunished when it stops them from making a save just as much as holding the keepers arm.

Next time it happens to Ramsdale on a corner where opposition players are purposely blocking/holding onto him to stop him getting to the ball, I will be waiting with baited breath to see if VAR bother to look at it or if these decisions only ever seem to go against Arsenal.

For what it’s worth, the right decision was taken to not award the goal. If the roles were reversed however, no way do VAR get involved. Arsenal going 1-0 down would have been the story and another way to kick us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Did it look any more offside than Rashford’s second against Leicester? They didn’t even bother drawing the lines to look at it
It's manutd its different with them if they scored the Trossard kind of goal yesterday var would never bother checking

BIoodBrother

Maybe 0:1 is the right scoreline here but seeing that their 0 came from a 0.01xG, I'd say -1:1 is a fair reflexion as well. Similar to many games we did well after taking the lead in the second half and after deciding to shut shop. Shame we didn't have enough against the big guys from Everton and Brentford.
Some games we score early and lost the plot a bit (Leeds, Soton, Sp**s home).
I like when we have to push for a winner and get over the line. It's a feeling of wanting more, rather than holding on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom