• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leicester City 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, February 25 | KO: 15:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

86a7e582ced3f6822776b5ce331b2ad1_crop_exact.jpg

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How that goal was allowed? Just beyond the pale. This cannot be incompetence, it has to be bias and wanting certain teams to be favoured or disadvantaged. Sp**s is one of the favoured teams. This isn't a free kick but Son gets a penalty for Cedric's contact on him... :lol: How this is allowed to go on year after year?

Think even the media is starting to come around that this is too much. More and more are speaking up against decisions going against us.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I don't get your point? They're two different situations.

Saka's yesterday was minimal contact. Gabriel vs Newcastle was a blatant penalty that should have been given.
No, Gabriel's pull wasn't even VAR checked. If you watched the game you should have seen a VAR check for Newcastle. Look it up.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
There was minimal contact for Saka penalty claim yesterday. I agree that was a soft claim and Saka certainly intentionally went down looking for a penalty.

Gabriel was a clear and obvious penalty as per Les Ferdinand and all the other pundits agreed it was a stone wall penalty. Burns from behind had the front of Gabriel shirt and pulling so much that the front shirt sponsor was actually behind Gabriel.

I thought that Trossard goal shouldn't of been disallowed and agree with the likes of Lineaker, OHara over Gray and keys on this incident. Minimal contact (white had a very loose grip, it wouldn't have prevented Ward from using his hand if chose to do so.
Bro I'm talking Burns falling down in our box and a VAR check was done.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't let the refs trying to screw us, make you forget that even with the refs help Tottenham still can't win any silverware.

Least the likes of Yanited and Pool have enough about them to channel the favouritism the FA have for them into winning stuff, Sp**s have been consistently helped/favoured by them since 2016 and still have no trophies to show for it.

****ing joke club 🤣

BIoodBrother

I don't agree with the sentiment that it was no foul on Ward. It's so specific and blatant to hold a wrist. Different to having your arms around someone or crash into.
And the Saka one isn't a clear and obvious one. Var shouldn't come in to give a penalty for that. I'd be furious if they would give it against Gabriel.

I am happy that we deservedly won nonetheless.

BIoodBrother

Brentford was on the referee! Even the PGMOL admits that.
I don't mean that ridiculous mistake by VAR officials but that we didn't actually deserve more than one point from our play.
I was surprised that they deserved a lead so much more than us in the first half.

Villa and Leicester were two very deserved wins in my book.
Brentford wouldn't have been..

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Next time it happens to Ramsdale on a corner where opposition players are purposely blocking/holding onto him to stop him getting to the ball, I will be waiting with baited breath to see if VAR bother to look at it or if these decisions only ever seem to go against Arsenal.

For what it’s worth, the right decision was taken to not award the goal. If the roles were reversed however, no way do VAR get involved. Arsenal going 1-0 down would have been the story and another way to kick us.
It happened with Arsenal against Villa this season already - Ramsdale's arm was held in the Douglas Luiz corner that went straight in. VAR didn't overrule.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't mean that ridiculous mistake by VAR officials but that we didn't actually deserve more than one point from our play.
I was surprised that they deserved a lead so much more than us in the first half.

Villa and Leicester were two very deserved wins in my book.
Brentford wouldn't have been..
What does "deserving" a win has to do with anything here?

The way you reason is just another way to rationalise us being shafted by the referees year in and year out. Everyone is so used to us being refereed against that even us fans start rationalising and justifying this ****! These type of decisions make up a not insubstantial amount of dropped points on our side. Something completely different from the randomness that taken and missed goal chances are. We win and lose games we should have lost and won due to some game randomness. The PL referees being biased against us is not that!

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Love how some media are crediting VAR for spotting White holding Ward's hands. It's not like the referee was wearing an earpiece and had Ward running up to him saying just that seconds after Trossard scored...

Whether it was a foul is subjective, but whether it was a 'clear and obvious' error isn't.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Xhaka freaking battles in midfield. Yes, he doesn’t offer as much as Saka in the final third, but if you think that’s the biggest part of football then it’s not even worth discussing it with you.
You constructed a dumb strawman rather than actually engaging with what I said, I never said that was the biggest part of football. As far as worth discussing, who are you and why do I care what you whether you want to discuss anything with me? You're not relevant to me in any way.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You constructed a dumb strawman rather than actually engaging with what I said, I never said that was the biggest part of football. As far as worth discussing, who are you and why do I care what you whether you want to discuss anything with me? You're not relevant to me in any way.

You say Xhaka has basically been bad since the WC and that Saka is doing all the hard work and getting kicked around the pitch. You didn’t make any points to be engaged with except criticizing Xhaka’s play in the final third.
Xhaka has been excellent at keeping control of the midfield. Xhaka engages in physical battles the entire games. Xhaka gives everything he’s got every game. Even yesterday Xhaka was instrumental in keeping possession and regaining possession in the final third to keep the pressure on Leicester.

Your argument was that he’s not as reliable as Saka in the final third and you overlook every other contribution he made in the game. It’s not a Strawman for me to point out that you’re talking as if that’s the only thing that matters…

PS. Why are you even on the forum then? Why would any stranger on a forum be relevant to you?

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It happened with Arsenal against Villa this season already - Ramsdale's arm was held in the Douglas Luiz corner that went straight in. VAR didn't overrule.

That’s what we’re frustrated by, the inconsistency. Ramsdale was impeded a lot more than Ward too.

Jack badmon

I loved that win yesterday, fair enough it got twitchy at the end but to get the clean sheet it felt like a real 'reset' performance after being a bit wobbly recently. Would like us to get back to basics with a run of clean sheets first and foremost.

Badger_Revenge

Are we still talking about this?

It was pretty obvious that white was impeding Ward. He had hold of his stronger hand. That gave White leverage to keep him grounded because Ward couldn't remove White's arm, and it made Ward's punch less effective. It's really clever actually, proper dark arts, and amazing they had the view to spot it. I'm not sure how much it affected the play that much. A lot had to happen after that.

I get people complaining about consistency. There have been a lot of cases of goalie obstruction that have not been reviewed. Strange that they pick this one. Seems like you are less penalized for bulldozing a player than doing something really specific like this that just happens to get picked up on camera. Then other days you can't even breathe on a goalie without the ref giving a foul.

I'm not sure how to fix it. just glad this one didn't cost us points in the end. Props to the team for keeping the foot on the gas.

Tom Mix

God, what's dreary is the carping and criticising every player when we're at the top of the bloody league, where we haven't spent any significant time in a decade. It's no coincidence guys, we're bloody good! We have an online fanbase of discerning perfectionists. Or pedants.

Thank goodness for the stadium fans.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lovely bit of analysis here, briefly describing how we manipulated Leicester’s man to man press, to create space for ourselves. Trossard and Jorginho using their positioning and passing respectively, to create some good situations for us.

We truly are on our way to an elite team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom