• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I'm pretty sure that we won't get top 4.Other teams play better than us and have some easier fixtures.In some situations when we were in fight for top 4,we were in title race for a long time and somehow slipped at the end.Or we finished season in quite strong way with momentum in our side.Sometimes we also had a little bit of luck,like in 2006,2012 and 2013.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
i guess not spending a couple extra millions to invest in the squad was a poor long term investment.

We spent 100m this past summer though. The funds for investment were there and used*.

[*Whether players chosen were good investments and/or if the manager is getting the best out of them is for another thread.]

CHOPS

I'm pretty sure that we won't get top 4.Other teams play better than us and have some easier fixtures.In some situations when we were in fight for top 4,we were in title race for a long time and somehow slipped at the end.Or we finished season in quite strong way with momentum in our side.Sometimes we also had a little bit of luck,like in 2006,2012 and 2013.
I think you're spot on can't see us getting seven or eight wins out of those fixtures the away games look hard enough,especially on our form at the moment let alone playing Man Utd,Man City and Everton at home.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd say 7 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat which should take us to 74 points - getting into the top 4 with that amount of points will be really tough.

I think the top 4 will be attainable with about 75 points this season. Teams will probably be around there in positions 2/3/4.

I can't see anyone but Chelsea over 80 this year.

VancouverCanuck

If there are two things Wenger has proven repeatedly, it is getting us into top 4 and finishing above the Sp**s. I had doubted him many times in the past. So I will not doubt him again. Sure, the remaining fixtures look difficult. But now that the pressure of winning the league is off, I predict the team will start playing better. And claim that top 4 trophy that is our God-given right.

CHOPS

Aside from the EPL the only thing we've been consistent in is the FA Cup!
It really wouldn't bother me one bit if we didn't make the top four this season,I actually think it'll do us good to miss out maybe not money wise but the team needs a total shake up our ventures into Europe are too embarrassing even the group stages.
I'd like us to win the FA Cup so Wenger sets the record for 7 wins so he can bow out on a high the end of the season!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Does anyone have an idea when the Leicester ( or "Li Chester" if you're from the US) game will be rescheduled?

Preacher

Always Crying
Defence&Attack comparison between last and current seasons:
http://news.arseblog.com/2017/03/arsenals-finishing-201617-by-the-numbers/

Finishing.jpg

While Arsenal are creating fewer chances but scoring them, they are also conceding more of those same chances and unlike last season Cech isn’t saving. Last season Arsenal allowed a respectable 0.9 big chances per game and Cech saved 48% of the ones on target. This season, Arsenal are allowing 1.5 per game and Cech is saving 31%. This is almost exclusively down to the fact that he hasn’t saved any penalties this season.

Shots in prime tell the same story. Last season, Cech faced 2.5 shots in prime and the opposition only scored 14%! That’s all shots in that area. Cech saved 64% of shots on target in prime last season, a League high. This season, Arsenal much more open and have allowed 3.2 shots per game in prime and Cech is only saving 55%.

The result is that last season Arsenal only conceded 14 goals from prime last season and this season have already allowed 17. Big chances are similarly bad with Arsenal conceding 22 goals this season from big chances and 13 last season.

CHOPS

As I said yesterday I can't see us winning 7-8 games from now until the end of the season,I'm now a bit worried if we'll win 1-2 games!
Everton now on the same points ffs Manure to overtake us with a win tomorrow!West Brom only 7 points behind us!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Liverpool beat City then I'm not sure how we can do it. Even if they lose I don't know how it's going to turn around from here but we've done it in the past so...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don't think this lot are motivated enough to fight for a top 4 spot, judging by yesterday most just want the season over with.

Chelsea definitely champions, Sp**s still looking strong, United on a bit of momentum while City have the quality and Liverpool will fight till the end. Doesn't look great.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Don't think this lot are motivated enough to fight for a top 4 spot, judging by yesterday most just want the season over with.

Chelsea definitely champions, Sp**s still looking strong, United on a bit of momentum while City have the quality and Liverpool will fight till the end. Doesn't look great.
It needs a formation change, some youth or even starting the fringe players not on international break vs City... something to kick start us.

Deathstroke

The Terminator

Don't forget Everton. We're still to face that lot at home, and are level on points at the moment. The way we're imploding, we could finish 7th.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd say 7 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat which should take us to 74 points - getting into the top 4 with that amount of points will be really tough.
No slip ups now. Have to go unbeaten the rest of the season. Given the games we've left the Dire run of form we're on its more likely we will win only one or two games.

I can see City doing us, I see us struggling away to Boro I think we'll beat West Ham and Sunderland. Palace will just copy West Brom and if we haven't the stomach for it again that's gonna be tricky. United, Sp**s, Southampton and Everton speak for themselves given our recent history. Its gonna take a lot of those rarely happen performances from us in big games to have any chance.

mm76

Yer Da
i reckon...

Manchester City (H) - Lose
West Ham (H) - Win (no idea why i just think we have to win at some point and W Ham are s***e atm)
Crystal Palace (A) - Lose
Middleborough (A) - Draw
Sp**s (A) - Lose
Manchester United (H) - Lose
Stoke (A) - Lose
Everton (H) - Draw
Southampton (A) - Draw
Sunderland (H) - Win
Leicester (H) - Draw

That's 10 points

we've taken 3 points from the last 15, Everton have taken nine, so i think we may well end up seventh unless WBA have an end-of season surge and then we'll finish even lower...

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom