• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Preacher

Always Crying
No, every team slips up against a weaker side now and again.

We do it far fewer than anyone bar Chelsea which is why we're probably going to make top 4 despite being being exposed against every decent side we come up against.
Problem is that I don't see many weaker opponents left considering our struggles at places like Mordor, St. Mary's, The Hawthorns. Leicester came to life. Middleborough is very good defensive team, we had trouble with them this season already.

Leicester(H)
WBA(A)
Manchester City(H)
West Ham(H)
Crystal Palace(A)
Middleborough(A)
Sunderland(H)
Sp**s(A)
Manchester United(H)
Stoke(A)
Everton(H)
Southampton(A)

Last edited:

CHOPS

Do you realise Lincoln won 4-0 away this week? I'm not taking anything for granted!
No nor am I hence the question mark but the way things are going with this mystery bug that's now hit three more of the squad we'll be hitting the headlines Sunday with more embarrassment to the club.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Problem is that I don't see many weaker opponents left considering our struggles at places like Mordor, St. Mary's, The Hawthorns. Leicester came to life. Middleborough is very good defensive team, we had trouble with them this season already.

Leicester(H)
WBA(A)
Manchester City(H)
West Ham(H)
Crystal Palace(A)
Middleborough(A)
Sunderland(H)
Sp**s(A)
Manchester United(H)
Stoke(A)
Everton(H)
Southampton(A)

Wow,almost every team needs to play for something.Boro,Palace,Leicester all fight for staying in league.City,Utd and Sp**s for top 4.Stoke and Southampton loool.WBA and Everton very tricky games.Only Sunderland and West Ham look quite easy.

CHOPS

Wow,almost every team needs to play for something.Boro,Palace,Leicester all fight for staying in league.City,Utd and Sp**s for top 4.Stoke and Southampton loool.WBA and Everton very tricky games.Only Sunderland and West Ham look quite easy.
There's definately no easy games now in the EPL too much at stake think we'll struggle for a top four place there's so much unrest in the dressing room

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
There's definately no easy games now in the EPL too much at stake think we'll struggle for a top four place there's so much unrest in the dressing room

Confidence and momentum has gone now.I don't think that we'll be in top 4.If we don't win Fa cup this will be our worst season under Wenger.

CHOPS

Confidence and momentum has gone now.I don't think that we'll be in top 4.If we don't win Fa cup this will be our worst season under Wenger.
I agree on both counts it's hard to believe the media in any form either good or bad press,we'll just have to see if it carries on the pitch.
Personally I think that a season or two out of Europe will do us good,in the time I've been watching them they've never looked like winning the Champions League/European Cup even when we had great teams the club needs a complete overhaul from the Board down to the programme seller we've become a laughing stock.

Preacher

Always Crying
Arsenal players will lose bonuses worth millions if they fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1997.

Arsène Wenger's side are fifth, five points behind Liverpool in fourth, with two games in hand.

It is also understood some players could be forced to accept pay cuts if Arsenal miss out on Europe's elite club competition.

Missing out on the Champions League can cost a club millions. Last season Arsenal received £46.7million from UEFA for reaching the round of 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4314220/Arsenal-stars-face-losing-bonuses-worth-millions.html

Hunter Zolomon

Arsenal players will lose bonuses worth millions if they fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1997.

Arsène Wenger's side are fifth, five points behind Liverpool in fourth, with two games in hand.

It is also understood some players could be forced to accept pay cuts if Arsenal miss out on Europe's elite club competition.

Missing out on the Champions League can cost a club millions. Last season Arsenal received £46.7million from UEFA for reaching the round of 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4314220/Arsenal-stars-face-losing-bonuses-worth-millions.html
i guess not spending a couple extra millions to invest in the squad was a poor long term investment.

R

=reed=

Of course the club will lose money, but I think Europa League is great for Arsenal as we're ultimate flat-track bullies, maybe we'll set a new record for the most scored goals!

Last edited by a moderator:

GoonerBoy19

From business perspective yes, we will loose quite a bit if we don't qualify for CL. Also we wouldn't be able to attract top bracket of players without giving them monster contracts, something which we never do.

However this will be a plus for our younger players as they will get game time against unknown european sides. I would prefer that over playing mediocre players against Barca/Bayern and get embarrassed.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Leicester(H)
WBA(A)
Manchester City(H)
West Ham(H)
Crystal Palace(A)
Middleborough(A)
Sunderland(H)
Sp**s(A)
Manchester United(H)
Stoke(A)
Everton(H)
Southampton(A)

Its about that time of our season where we start to deliver again. I can see us going on a run here and putting together some good convincing performances.

When we start to threaten the bare necessities, its when we start to become pragmatic and deal with the basics.

Still relatively confident we finish 3rd/4th this year.

Preacher

Always Crying
Its about that time of our season where we start to deliver again. I can see us going on a run here and putting together some good convincing performances.

When we start to threaten the bare necessities, its when we start to become pragmatic and deal with the basics.

Still relatively confident we finish 3rd/4th this year.
Yeah, I agree. This is usually the case. We are very good at this.
However considering atmosphere around the club and inside the Emirates, questions marks on Wenger's, his staff and key players futures, I'm no longer so sure. Even spectacular fighting for top 4 won't re-engage a large portion of our fans

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Leicester(H)
WBA(A)
Manchester City(H)
West Ham(H)
Crystal Palace(A)
Middleborough(A)
Sunderland(H)
Sp**s(A)
Manchester United(H)
Stoke(A)
Everton(H)
Southampton(A)

I'd say 7 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat which should take us to 74 points - getting into the top 4 with that amount of points will be really tough.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom