• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Considering that one or even both of them may drop points, means we actually have a game in hand compared to them.

That is if we somehow manage by miracle to beat Soton at St.Mary :)

WhatAFC

Embarrassment is getting beat by the dog and duck or losing to a average liverpool side. Playing barcelona or bayern munich and losing to them in the elite competition in europe is not embarrassing. If this was monaco or porto or someone like that then yeah frustrated. But we are playing one of the top 5 sides in europe or the world.

The boys will put in a performance on tuesday. Win or lose we played the best.
5-1 against any team is embarrassing. No one really expects much when we play Barcelona or Bayern but a decent performance and respectable score line is expected.

If we came away from the Bayern game 2-1 or even 3-1 people wouldn't have been kicking off like they have at the 5-1 loss.

mm76

Yer Da
If we came away from the Bayern game 2-1 or even 3-1 people wouldn't have been kicking off like they have at the 5-1 loss.

And it was just so predictable we'd be hammered when he named that appalling starting line-up - that's our problem now - with both this and the Liverpool game, as soon as the team sheet was out, the result was already obvious...

OSBK

Established Member
5-1 against any team is embarrassing. No one really expects much when we play Barcelona or Bayern but a decent performance and respectable score line is expected.

This is football, we hope and dream and if you expect you will always be disappointed.

I get your point and boy do I wish we were good enough to get a 2-1 but the reality is we are not. So I wont feel embarrassed, if the boys dont improve we may not get champ league again for a while so we best make the most of it.

burnsjed

Established Member
I'm totally bored of the CL, what's the point for us outside of money.
Sure it's exciting to qualify.
But once it starts it's painfully obvious we are not good enough, and you already know it's all about how we lose in the last 16.
Will we get humiliated, or best case scenario, go out on the away goal rule.
Let's face it, we are most years somewhere in the 9-16 best team in it.
The fact that we can't even fluke getting in to the last 8 is sad enough. But seeing the gulf between us and those top 8 is just intolerable.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sky have done an analysis (for what its worth) for how the table will end. They look at the opposition etc and possible no of games left to play (fatigue) but have assumed we will be in the next round of the CL after tonight! Anyway, may be good (or bad) to look back at this in May.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ssing-out-on-top-four-premier-league-finishes

View attachment 1600

Doesn't account for Sp**s choking, no way to quantify that. We might not finish above them but they'll f**k up horrendously down the line.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Embarrassment is getting beat by the dog and duck or losing to a average liverpool side. Playing barcelona or bayern munich and losing to them in the elite competition in europe is not embarrassing. If this was monaco or porto or someone like that then yeah frustrated. But we are playing one of the top 5 sides in europe or the world.

We perceive embarrassment in different ways. Losing 5 - 1 to anyone is embarrassing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Sky have done an analysis (for what its worth) for how the table will end. They look at the opposition etc and possible no of games left to play (fatigue) but have assumed we will be in the next round of the CL after tonight! Anyway, may be good (or bad) to look back at this in May.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ssing-out-on-top-four-premier-league-finishes

View attachment 1600
I wouldn't put much store by all the analyses. We always find that extra gear when our place in the top four is threatened. Its a little sad really, that top four is the only thing that is able to motivate the team to perform above expectations.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wouldn't put much store by all the analyses. We always find that extra gear when our place in the top four is threatened. Its a little sad really, that top four is the only thing that is able to motivate the team to perform above expectations.

I know their analysis is as good as guess work, this season though I do think we will miss out on top 4.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Doesn't account for Sp**s choking, no way to quantify that. We might not finish above them but they'll f**k up horrendously down the line.

I know but it will be interesting to see how accurate they are come May. I don't think we will get top 4 this season and I've never felt like that.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I know but it will be interesting to see how accurate they are come May. I don't think we will get top 4 this season and I've never felt like that.

Me neither, but that was down to timing....it's now nearly Mid-March, and we're still in our annual slump. That's really worrying, as there are no signs of improvement, since you can't blame injuries either.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Me neither, but that was down to timing....it's now nearly Mid-March, and we're still in our annual slump. That's really worrying, as there are no signs of improvement, since you can't blame injuries either.

Yeh, we generally have a good 2nd half of the season that always saves us, this season there is no sign of it happening. We struggle to sign players anyway, if we dont have CL the summer could be even harder.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I know their analysis is as good as guess work, this season though I do think we will miss out on top 4.
I hope we make the top four, not because that place has any meaning, but if we don't make the top four and Wenger leaves(which he should be even if he makes the top four, truth be told) the narrative will be that Wenger was sacked because he couldn't get us into the top four. That'll make us look a little petty to the incoming manager and players.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Yeh, we generally have a good 2nd half of the season that always saves us, this season there is no sign of it happening. We struggle to sign players anyway, if we dont have CL the summer could be even harder.

No Rosicky to push us forward with his incredible spring performances.

I also feel like this seems to be the season where we won't make it inside Top 4. Our remaining games are as difficult as the rest of them

I guess we get embarrassed by different types of things. I don't get embarrassed much by normal losses against Liverpool, or even when we lose against teams from lower divisions. Why? Because it happens to everyone. It happens to Barcelona and it will happen to us, it's just part of the game. However, getting beaten 6-0, 5-1 etc. on regular basis against top clubs is not only very rare, but is also something that directly influences how Arsenal will be perceived when compared to those clubs.

I was proud of Arsenal in the past. And even though our reputation has fallen a lot, I want us to rebuild it again. I want to feel excited by our future once more, and we need big change in order for that to happen.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom