• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pubs around thof..

kimbo

Yep the Faltering Fullback is an arsenal pub, theres another Faltering Fullback up in Palmers Green, also a big Arsenal pub, and apparently even better for match days.

kimbo

I used to like going to a place called The Queens, in Crouch End just north of Finsbury Park, always full of Arsenal fans, but it was bought out a few months ago and turned into a swanky gastro pub. Arseholes.

asajoseph

Established Member
Dixon said:
How about the auld triangle (former plimsoll) then?

You ever drink there?

It's my local, and where I go to watch games when I'm not in the stands. It's dirty as sin, but the beer's cheap, and they show all the games, so I can't complain. Plus, I can be there in 30 seconds :D

asajoseph

Established Member
f4evo said:
which pub do you actually find the players, or would that be nightclubs? :D

There's an italian restaurant on the Blackstock called the [something][something] Friulli (not to be confused with Il Baccio) that a lot of the players eat at from time to time... A friend of mine met Cashley there a little while ago...

Dixon

asajoseph said:
Dixon said:
How about the auld triangle (former plimsoll) then?

You ever drink there?

It's my local, and where I go to watch games when I'm not in the stands. It's dirty as sin, but the beer's cheap, and they show all the games, so I can't complain. Plus, I can be there in 30 seconds :D

Been there a couple of times, when I been over (from norway). How is it on matchdays, loud?

asajoseph

Established Member
Not during the game on home match days, although it gets packed before and after....

On away games there are a few people, but it's not usually too hard to find a seat (if you want one)...

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I remember when I was about nine or ten we did a project at school about boats and The Plimsol (sp!) Line and suddenly I realised what the pub sign meant. I'd always thought it was something to do with u-boats!

Watched Arsenal win the league in there in '91 (if that sounds strange to anyone Liverpool were away at Forest and their failure meant we walked into our (later) match as Champions).. Spanked the mancs as well. Anyway, we had the North Bank singing..

"We won the league
We won the league
We won the league just down the road
We won the league, in the Plimsol,
We won the league just down the road!"

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Ended up in the Auld Triangle for the second leg after my attempt to get tickets off a tout failed. The atmosphere was pretty good, there were a good few of us singing and screaming abuse/praise at the big screen, and a few madristas (wrapped up in Real banners) quietly standing at the back looking nervous :lol:

Also there was a lot of jumping up and down, hugging random strangers after the final whistle, but less said about that...

Ilmarinen

Not mentioned yet: the Brownswood Park Tavern, corner of Green Lanes and Brownswood Road, about a ten minute walk from the ground. Civilised boozer run by a friendly Ulsterman name of Bill and his wife, a safe distance off Blackstock Road. Good before the game but a bit out of the way after, has a beer garden out back for a warm afternoon before the game.

Saw the OT win in 2002 there - they had to bar the doors and people were peering in the windows. Do a good Thai or Sunday lunch too.

Used to be my local, then I moved away. Sad day.

Dixon

Were at the Auld triangle on St. Patrick's day, last friday. Great atmosphere and nice people.

RaMi

Hi,

Im looking to go to a pub near Highbury for the return leg vs Juve.. Can anyone recommend the best pub around there?

Cheers

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Might be worth asking the question on a Liverpool forum, apparently they've been quite helpful towards the AISA regarding fan security next week.

nickyboy

pub in Rome

For future reference, Flan o'Brien's on Via Nazionale in the centre of Rome has good screens and shows lots of matches. Big room at the back if you only want to drink, not eat. I think I was the only Arsenal supporter there on Wednesday 5th, among a lot of pissed-off Juventus supporters, but hey, who cares?

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom