• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah to have 3 actual CBs who we can rotate will be huge. I really don’t know who Arteta actually see as a CB in Timber, Kiwior or Tomiyasu
Kiwior is the failsafe for Gabriel easily. It's just that Gabriel is a trojan and plays almost as much as Saka does. Kiwior is fine there tbh but he lacks Gabriel's aggression and assertiveness. He's only really started to pick that up recently as he's had a run in the side at LB. Saliba is the problem position because we have no defender even close to replicating the dynamic we have when he's there. We have Saliba/Gabriel and a few very good all-round defenders with no set position.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What are peoples thoughts on Elanga? He seems to be coming along nicely this season. Still raw but still only 21 and he has something, 5 goals 7 assists so far. He has that raw, direct pace we are looking for. Do you think he has the tools that Arteta and his staff could turn into a player? Seems to be able to play both wings, two footed. Or is he just a Nelson type, not good enough?

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What are peoples thoughts on Elanga? He seems to be coming along nicely this season. Still raw but still only 21 and he has something, 5 goals 7 assists so far. He has that raw, direct pace we are looking for. Do you think he has the tools that Arteta and his staff could turn into a player? Seems to be able to play both wings, two footed. Or is he just a Nelson type, not good enough?

Boring, I’m bored of these PL signings now. The obvious winger is Nico.

Cities best players are from outside the league, we’ve played it safe now we need to get the best talent outside the PL or actual top players.

Boring, I’m bored of these PL signings now. The obvious winger is Nico.

Cities best players are from outside the league, we’ve played it safe now we need to get the best talent outside the PL or actual top players.
The problem is that FFP restrictions mean every big signing has to be a hit for us until we get our revenue up. The Deloitte Football Money League calculations for 22/23 placed us 10th with 532.6 million euros. That was 100 million euros less than Tottenham earned and roughly 300 million euros less than City. So our margin for error is very small.

What's more, it's not easy to ensure that someone from outside the PL is going to be a hit given (1) we are challenging for the title now and every player who plays for us needs to be good enough to get into the starting Xl of every other club in the league and (2) the gap between the PL and the other top leagues in Europe is only growing.

It's one of the reasons I'm skeptical of Osimhen. At the same time, I recognize that we need to sign the next Salah or De Bruyne or Rodri and those players come from overseas. Maybe that is one of the differences between Phase 4 and Phase 5 of Arteta's plan? At Phase 4, we compete with City and Liverpool to sign the best talent in the Premier League like Declan Rice or Jarrad Branthwaite. At Phase 5, we compete with Bayern, Real, PSG, City, Liverpool, and the Italian giants for the best players in the world. Until we get to Phase 5, which requires several more years of finishing in the top 2-3 and going deep in the Champions League (along with winning a few trophies), I think we should focus on the top Premier League talents along with signing young players and exploiting low release clauses for European/South American players.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
The problem is that FFP restrictions mean every big signing has to be a hit for us until we get our revenue up. The Deloitte Football Money League calculations for 22/23 placed us 10th with 532.6 million euros. That was 100 million euros less than Tottenham earned and roughly 300 million euros less than City. So our margin for error is very small.

What's more, it's not easy to ensure that someone from outside the PL is going to be a hit given (1) we are challenging for the title now and every player who plays for us needs to be good enough to get into the starting Xl of every other club in the league and (2) the gap between the PL and the other top leagues in Europe is only growing.

It's one of the reasons I'm skeptical of Osimhen. At the same time, I recognize that we need to sign the next Salah or De Bruyne or Rodri and those players come from overseas. Maybe that is one of the differences between Phase 4 and Phase 5 of Arteta's plan? At Phase 4, we compete with City and Liverpool to sign the best talent in the Premier League like Declan Rice or Jarrad Branthwaite. At Phase 5, we compete with Bayern, Real, PSG, City, Liverpool, and the Italian giants for the best players in the world. Until we get to Phase 5, which requires several more years of finishing in the top 2-3 and going deep in the Champions League (along with winning a few trophies), I think we should focus on the top Premier League talents along with signing young players and exploiting low release clauses for European/South American players.

We'll get a big bump in income from getting to the CL quarter finals or beyond. Every transfer has some risk, from the PL or otherwise. I think with Osimhen he will be liked for his elite pressing, elite dualing ability and his ability to run the channels carrying the ball as much as his goals, which he's consistently performed well at for a long time. I think he's pretty low risk. I think convincing him to come here over PSG or whoever would be a huge coup.

goons

Definitely not good enough.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Wow tosin adarabioyo is available on free this summer. Liverpool linked. Surely this is no brainer as we need a CB
Nice shout. Good enough to be backup but not enough to be mad about not playing too much, as opposed to say a Diomande. Reduces the time/money spent on cb and would allow us to address other positions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nice shout. Good enough to be backup but not enough to be mad about not playing too much, as opposed to say a Diomande. Reduces the time/money spent on cb and would allow us to address other positions.
Yep experienced in the PL. nice age, good quality and free. Compared to what Diomande would cost it’s really nice bit of business

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need 4 players I'd say, and then we have set up our squad and can focus on preparing for the next generation.

versatile winger
central midfielder (#8)
defensive midfielder
central defender.

My wishlist would be [240]

Mykhailo Mudryk (50)
Douglas Luiz (60)
Amadou Onana (60)
Ousmane Diomande (70)

Going out.. (180)

Reiss Nelson (30)
Emile Smith Rowe (40)
TP5 (20)
Sambi Lokonga (20)
Eddie Nketiah (40)
Aaron Ramsdale (30)

Squad 24/25

Raya
Hein

Tomiyasu
Zinchenko

Gabriel
Kiwior

Saliba
Diomande

White
Timber

Rice
Onana

Douglas Luiz
Jorginho

Ødegaard
Vieira

Martinelli
Mudryk

Havertz
Trossard

Saka
Jesus

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We need 4 players I'd say, and then we have set up our squad and can focus on preparing for the next generation.

versatile winger
central midfielder (#8)
defensive midfielder
central defender.

My wishlist would be [240]

Mykhailo Mudryk (50)
Douglas Luiz (60)
Amadou Onana (60)
Ousmane Diomande (70)

Going out.. (180)

Reiss Nelson (30)
Emile Smith Rowe (40)
TP5 (20)
Sambi Lokonga (20)
Eddie Nketiah (40)
Aaron Ramsdale (30)

Squad 24/25

Raya
Hein

Tomiyasu
Zinchenko

Gabriel
Kiwior

Saliba
Diomande

White
Timber

Rice
Onana

Douglas Luiz
Jorginho

Ødegaard
Vieira

Martinelli
Mudryk

Havertz
Trossard

Saka
Jesus
You’re doing it again, mate. Undervaluing players in and overvaluing players out. I reckon you’re off by at least 50m, but probably more ;)

I also don’t understand your obsession with Mudryk. The time to get him has passed, it’s water under the bridge now.

For me, I don’t a dm is needed if Jorginho stays and I’d rather Paqueta or Barella over Luiz (although I wouldn’t mind him)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Perfect summer that would be with Bambi joining him at the carpet. Btw doesn’t Musiala count as homegrown?

I’m all in.
Yeah I think Leao is a pipe dream because of his contract situation. I don’t think Arteta would have any issue signing a non pressing forward if they had quality. He’s shown us multiple times he values winning over everything, pressing is just something Martinelli fans use to justify his place.

Musiala is semi realistic due to his contract situation, Havertz at left eight has kind of failed, may as well get someone who’s more of the Xhaka replacement/Ødegaard backup we actually wanted.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom