• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

and even though Giroud's form went to the trashcan, Walcott unable to perform and displace him.
Danny Wellbeck did it in very few games after he return from 1 year injury. Let that sink in...
Exacly this. I'm also of the opinion that we were playing good football with Theo as a striker, I certainly liked it. But if you can't displace Giroud, if you can't get in instead of Iwobi, 10 years vs new kid, if you can't have enough impact as a sub, if you go missing against the joke of a defence at Old Trafford... Come on guys. We all know Wenger tries and tries and tries with his players, if he drops you like that...

The fact that he does not play and that he is the worst sub since forever... Come on...

Mastadon

Established Member
What's all this garbage about the British core. These players are here on merit and not their passports even if they haven't reached the heights. The biggest underperforming players in the team are not even British. You cannot question a player's mentality and fail to grasp the manager's culpability.

The question about which players have gone on to have successful careers having failed under Wenger is another debate which will probably end up in another merry go round. Steve Sidwell, Pennant, Mathew Upson, Bentley and Gervinho all went on to have better careers than they did here. Players haven't always failed here because they were not good enough. It comes down to many factors, including lack of playing opportunities because better players were ahead of them.

We played our best football this season with Walcott leading the attack. But slowly Wenger has reinstated Giroud back in the starting lineup to his detriment and if it wasn't for Welbeck we would be further down the table.

Why can't we question a players mentality? Many players have failed under the best managers because they didn't have the right mentality. Many other players have become top class under Wenger because they had the right mentality to succeed. Forget talent are you really saying Gibbs/Ox/Walcott have shown the same mentality and desire to make it as the likes of JVP/Cole/Fabregas? Is that something a manager can teach?

None of the players dumped by Wenger went on to have top class careers I believe the key word here is top class. Do you blame Wenger for Gervinho not performing? Wenger supports these players to the death, gives them confidence and backs them when the crowd is against them and they reward him with failure. Wenger's own failure here is keeping the faith and belief in players who keep letting him down. He's crucified himself on the cross of average players starting from Denilson to Giroud (that would make a pretty sweet picture if only I could do photoshop).

Walcott was playing well at the start of the season he lost his place to Giroud who was scoring goals until January. Since then Walcott has been pretty awful when called upon leaving Welbeck as our best choice, another player not known for scoring goals. All these are Wenger failures no disputing that.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Something must of gone on behind the scenes surely? His been poor before but not like this and never so disinterested.

General

Established Member
That's one of the myths that is touted by @Santi's Left Foot and I guess you. The stats speak for themselves.

Take the League Cup game at Sheffiled for measure, when Theo was injured and missed only 4 games before returning to play v. Sunderland on Dec 5-th

How many goals did Walcott score during that period (pre-Sheffield) ? 4
How many he scored afterwards ? 5

How many goals did Giroud score until Sheffiled ? 6
How many more he scored since then ? 15

Just so it's clear. I am by no means defending Giroud, who was equally atrocious and his drought caused us massively drop out of the race. But your attempts to relate anything negative to Walcott to the fact that Giroud is somehow culpable for Theo's shocking form is honestly too shallow. Theo can't displace a rookie Iwobi, let alone anyone else from the team.

It was Cazorla's injury that is now seen as the key factor to our wrecked season as he is clearly the brains behind Wenger's tactics and linkup play. It was so obvious at the way he dictated everything when we smashed United to pieces at Emirates.
I'm talking about best football mate. United, Bayern etc. Comparing our strikers statistically is a bit of a pointless exercise really as all have been give varying levels of playing opportunities. As much as some of you would like to focus the debate on Walcott, Giroud is a factor because he continues to earn playing time ahead of our other striking options despite posting one of the worst forms for an Arsenal striker. Strikers thrive on confidence and playing time and anyone with a modicum of knowledge about football would know this. Walcott has his own problems, that is undeniable, but there is no way he would go over 15hours without a goal leading the line.

General

Established Member
Something must of gone on behind the scenes surely? His been poor before but not like this and never so disinterested.
I genuinely believe some of our players have become disillusioned with Wenger's squad management. The way with which Sanchez disappeared down the tunnel against Norwich was telling.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'm talking about best football mate. United, Bayern etc. Comparing our strikers statistically is a bit of a pointless exercise really as all have been give varying levels of playing opportunities. As much as some of you would like to focus the debate on Walcott, Giroud is a factor because he continues to earn playing time ahead of our other striking options despite posting one of the worst forms for an Arsenal striker. Strikers thrive on confidence and playing time and anyone with a modicum of knowledge about football would know this. Walcott has his own problems, that is undeniable, but there is no way he would go over 15hours without a goal leading the line.

The main task of a striker is to score goals.

Theo has 9, Giroud has 21. It's simple.
Both are crap, Theo was more of it.

lyden

That's one of the myths that is touted by @Santi's Left Foot and I guess you. The stats speak for themselves.

Take the League Cup game at Sheffiled for measure, when Theo was injured and missed only 4 games before returning to play v. Sunderland on Dec 5-th

How many goals did Walcott score during that period (pre-Sheffield) ? 4
How many he scored afterwards ? 5

How many goals did Giroud score until Sheffiled ? 6
How many more he scored since then ? 15

Just so it's clear. I am by no means defending Giroud, who was equally atrocious and his drought caused us massively drop out of the race. But your attempts to relate anything negative to Walcott to the fact that Giroud is somehow culpable for Theo's shocking form is honestly too shallow. Theo can't displace a rookie Iwobi, let alone anyone else from the team.

It was Cazorla's injury that is now seen as the key factor to our wrecked season as he is clearly the brains behind Wenger's tactics and linkup play. It was so obvious at the way he dictated everything when we smashed United to pieces at Emirates.

Oh look santis left foot, I'm not the only person to notice ;)

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Walcott: " I maybe didn't tell you,but my main goal now is to be faster than Bolt.Arsenal already give me so much money,so i can buy whole Leicester city in a month. "

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Walcott: " I maybe didn't tell you,but my main goal now is to be faster than Bolt.Arsenal already give me so much money,so i can buy whole Leicester city in a month. "

Theo: Another thing I forgot to tell you, is that I missed every major tournament since 2006 due to injury. So I decided to be cautious and take a break from January onwards, so I can show my true potential in France. I already mastered some ingenious moves in FIFA16.

General

Established Member
The main task of a striker is to score goals.

Theo has 9, Giroud has 21. It's simple.
Both are crap, Theo was more of it.
How many times has Theo been deployed as a striker let alone a starting one this season? I'm sure this has already been discussed.

You need to look at things in a wider context and understand that he is underperforming due a range of factors, no doubt himself included. Unfortunately for him he is an easy scapegoat for our disappointing season, singled out when he doesn't even play. Let's put all the emotions to one side and look at things objectively.

I always suspected he was promised more opportunities in the striker's role when he agreed to sign a new contract. He has probably had words for the limited opportunities he's been given so far and possibly undermined his position in the team.

With Theo what you see is what you get. Pace and finishing. He was never going to be a smart footballer but if he didn't have anything to offer Wenger would've long discarded him. Wenger has failed to create a conducive structure from some of these players to thrive and this remains the root cause.

Last edited:

lyden

How many times has Theo been deployed as a striker let alone a starting one this season? I'm sure this has already been discussed.

You need to look at things in a wider context and understand that his underperforming due a range of factors, no doubt himself included. Unfortunately for him he is an easy scapegoat for our disappointing season, singled out when he doesn't even play. Let's put all the emotions to one side and look at things objectively.

I always suspected he was promised more opportunities in the striker's role when he agreed to sign a new contract. He has probably had words for the limited opportunities he's been given so far and possibly undermined his position in the team.

With Theo what you see is what you get. Pace and finishing. He was never going to be a smart footballer but if he didn't have anything to offer Wenger would've long discarded him. Wenger has failed to create a conducive structure from some of these players to thrive and this remains the root cause.

He kept playing eboue right wing, playing suite like sender's, cygan, santos for years are just a few examples of him not discarding crap from the first team let alone squad.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Unfortunately for him he is an easy scapegoat for our disappointing season, singled out when he doesn't even play.
Nobody here is singling out Walcott as the reason this season fell apart.
He's getting justifiable stick for failing to deliver; that's all. Just like every other thread here.

Ok, maybe a bit more because of his ridiculous pay package, which the club and Wenger are just as culpable for. Doesn't mean he shouldn't get stick for that too though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would Leicester be a possible destination if we offloaded him?

Their salaries are higher then you'd think and Theo would surely relish playing with all that space, plush retains the obvious CL football if it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom