• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I don't get this at all, I was called a troll for wanting Arteta, people were gloating at me when Emery was appointed instead. Now I'm seeing people mocking Emery and wanting him out? I mean at least it's not Arteta, right?
I still wouldn't take Arteta

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't get this at all, I was called a troll for wanting Arteta, people were gloating at me when Emery was appointed instead. Now I'm seeing people mocking Emery and wanting him out? I mean at least it's not Arteta, right?
Replacing wenger with a guy who never managed club before it's huge risk

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Speaking about football and teaching football are two completely different things.

Just some things he talked about:

- Ramsey will be his key player, he loves to have a football player like him -> reality: after some games he wasn't a starter anymore, is leaving the club for free.

- Youth: Which talent has improved under Emery so far? Smith Rowe was probably the best so far. In the most Cup and Group Stage games the Talents haven't played. Often a rotated A-Team has played in the first group games. In the last two games he played some youngsters, because the next round was secured.

- Özil: After the World Cup Drama. "We will make Arsenal like a family to him" - Reality: He is forced out of the club, only gets some games. Other players are playing week for week without performing. Özil will never be match fit with a treatement like this.

- P&P : possession and pressing. I remember one of his first press confereces. These two things were so important for him.
-> Pressing: Can someone see it?
-> Possession: We were dominated by Huddersfield last week - it's looking worse every week.

- Defensive Stability, System (3 at the back or 4? - looks like he still hasn't found it).

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’m a bit confused by everything to be honest. His PSG side played some excellent football. Granted they had better players but there wasn’t this reliance on overlaps from full backs. He also never played a back three/five (not regularly anyway) before doing it with us and now it seems like it’s his go to formation. Last summer we were arguing about whether he’d play with a 10 or three man midfield and now its a question of whether it’s three or four at the back. Everything we thought we knew before he was appointed seems to have been thrown out the window.

Arsenal news: Unai Emery was chosen over Mikel Arteta because of one big reason
ARSENAL chose Unai Emery as Arsène Wenger’s successor instead of Mikel Arteta because he was full of praise for the current crop of players at the club, reports claim.

****ing knew it. Arteta would never tolerate Mustafi starting so many games.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Moruinho teams outscored Wenger in 4 of the 7 full seasons he's managed in the PL so that wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Why's this considered an insult? I mean Mourinho's probably on a complete and different level to Emery anyways.
Old Mourinho.

Mourinho now is horse **** and will bring more bad than good to a club.

But you guys know all this.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Arsenal news: Unai Emery was chosen over Mikel Arteta because of one big reason
ARSENAL chose Unai Emery as Arséne Wenger’s successor instead of Mikel Arteta because he was full of praise for the current crop of players at the club, reports claim.

****ing knew it. Arteta would never tolerate Mustafi starting so many games.
So he lied himself through the job interviews and told everyone what they wanted to hear.

Classic.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
You said he wasn't on the list of successors for Wenger though, what did you mean by that?

No close media from Arsenal talked about Emery or thought he could be the successor.
It's only my feeling, but looks like he wasn't a favourite from the beginning from the search.

Later he had interviews with the Arsenal board and he completely convinced them and the fans too. He talked about a lot of ideas, but he can't implement them on the pitch so far.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I’m a bit confused by everything to be honest. His PSG side played some excellent football. Granted they had better players but there wasn’t this reliance on overlaps from full backs. He also never played a back three/five (not regularly anyway) before doing it with us and now it seems like it’s his go to formation. Last summer we were arguing about whether he’d play with a 10 or three man midfield and now its a question of whether it’s three or four at the back. Everything we thought we knew before he was appointed seems to have been thrown out the window.
At PSG he got players he had Di Maria Draxler Cavani Mbappe Neymar so he don't need to depend on fullbacks to create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom