• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

danman5033

Not signing another outfielder? Typical arsenal. I won't be sad when we're out of the title race by Christmas because I would of expected it

GDeep™

League is very weak
You'd be happy with Falcao?
You'd rather we bought Bastian, and caused massive unrest as his wages are double our highest earner?
Do you rate Morgan over our Coq?

You identify your need and buy the best you can, which is my point.

Also, yes, Schneiderlin to rotate with Coq, Falcao as back up etc, would have been worth it for me.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's all about using the funds you have to upgrade the squad, you're telling me there's not a midfielder out there who's better than Arteta?

12TimeWinners

You identify your need and buy the best you can, which is my point.

Also, yes, Schneiderlin to rotate with Coq, Falcao as back up etc, would have been worth it for me.
I do get where you're coming from buddy, however, Bastian and Falao for eg. would have set us back £550K p/w in wages! Nearly £25m per year, and I for one don't think they'd improve us all that much.
Morgan is a very decent player, not the show stopping forward that I sense we're after though is he?
Let's get 'cover' at DM sure, but also be proud that we are financially responsible and save the big dosh for that star CF

BigDane

It's all about using the funds you have to upgrade the squad, you're telling me there's not a midfielder out there who's better than Arteta?

Spending for the sake of it will have us ending up like Sp**s or 'Pool.

There's dozens of players out there better than Arteta, the hard part is buying the right one. Signing Falcao and a mediocre midfielder is nonsense, you sign these guys and limit yourself for years with regards to squad numbers, you are solving the problem we have by creating a worse one.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm going to log out, have a cold drink and watch some cricket from the Caribbean.

This transfer windows can make you mad sometimes.

12TimeWinners

the situation was similar to City and sterling - they wanted their valuation of 50 mil and when we pissed them off by the joke bid of 40.000.001 mil they got stubborn.

even if they had come out and said we could get him for 50 mil we wouldnt have paid it.
I see what your getting at However, after their classy owner felt the need to ask what weed we prefer, I don't think an extra 10 mil would've made him retract.
Also you have to admit, whilst Sterling's a talent...Suarez is really special

blaze_of_glory

I've created a new thread, with a link to the Guardian story on this mystery man (**** the Daily Mail). Please keep this thread about Benzema only.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I think the main thing on our side is that Real have to buy a new superstar this window..That's just a given with them. Their fans would riot if not. And with them effectively giving up on De Gea, who could have been their big name signing, they're still feeling empty without a new toy.

Kyle492

I think Harris is talking about Cavani.
I have a strange feeling about this.

Maybe they'll let him go IF they get Di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom