• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wissam Ben Yedder

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What do you mean? (it isn't clear from what you wrote)

Are you asking why Yedder isn't decisive in wanting to move to Arsenal? (and why Vardy rejected them?)
yeah. Should be easy to say yes to AFC. Plus our midfield should make his career.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
yeah. Should be easy to say yes to AFC. Plus our midfield should make his career.

I don't know but I think that some of the issues for Vardy and Yedder are game time, uncertainty over who will be manager in future, internal problems which seem to prevent a proper title challenge, and the clubs penny-pinching transfer strategy (although ironically that is what has lead to offers for Vardy and Yedder at least in part).

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
there could be other factors not related to the club - cost of living in London, partner not keen to move, family and friends, language barrier

should never forget footballers have lives outside football - though that doesn't apply to some managers

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't know but I think that some of the issues for Vardy and Yedder are game time, uncertainty over who will be manager in future, internal problems which seem to prevent a proper title challenge, and the clubs penny-pinching transfer strategy (although ironically that is what has lead to offers for Vardy and Yedder at least in part).
Yes, must have seen OG being pampered last season, or maybe our offer is for a squaddie

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

more like they afraid to be benched by Giroud just like Vardy he was been afraid to be rotated with Giroud. everyone afraid of Giroud.
Our first criteria for a striker has to be someone who isn't scared of Giroud.

How can you back yourself to be a top striker but be afraid of losing your spot to Giroud?:lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How can you back yourself to be a top striker but be afraid of losing your spot to Giroud?:lol:
makes me wonder what squad status and progression we are offering.

I'd be equally concerned if we assured him of more than 10 starts, or told him that he'd be second choice no matter what.

Sykes

For real. Then again, Giroud does have a very high opinion of himself. Remember when he came back from injury and he said he wasn't worried about his place? Said something like Welbeck is versatile and can play on the wing. Shocked the **** out of me.

ajay_rajan80

Believes everything he reads on Twitter
TBH Giroud is actually good and that's the reason other players are noth coming to Arsenal.It'll be difficult to convince Lacazette to come if Lyon accepts the offer.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Scared of Giroud :lol:

FFS Ben Yedder, don't let me down lad.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
TBH Giroud is actually good and that's the reason other players are noth coming to Arsenal.It'll be difficult to convince Lacazette to come if Lyon accepts the offer.

I don't buy this. You're right, Giroud is good but he is no more than that and is not getting any better or younger. He'll be 30 in two months. With our midfield any decent/up and coming striker should fancy their chances against him, especially the ones that seem to be going for ridiculous fees. Honestly if they really don't have enough confidence in their abilities to be able to make the position their own then perhaps we're better off looking elsewhere. I mean i half think i could compete with Giroud, and i obviously can't so i find it hard to believe the guys we're after don't back themselves to take the spot.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
**** name. Who is this ****ing ****? Is he worth our while? Are we even able to sign no-marks like this anymore?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Imagine you're sitting at home. You're an accomplished goalscorer and are looking for your next move.

You have the chance to move to a team where the likes of Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil are creating space and providing you with quality service.

Your agent or family members are also informing you about how much the fanbase and Wenger want to replace Giroud, and maybe you've seen some clips or heard about how inconsistent Giroud can be. (I'm assuming players do their research before moving clubs)

I don't know how you can be worried about losing your spot to Giroud, I just can't imagine it. Someone who fears that happening shouldn't be coming here anyway, bottler mentality.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if it was any other player, a glance at our sick list would reassure anyone - Giroud is however the one player who seems immune to long term injuries

carlito'sway

Established Member
Imagine you're sitting at home. You're an accomplished goalscorer and are looking for your next move.

You have the chance to move to a team where the likes of Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil are creating space and providing you with quality service.

Your agent or family members are also informing you about how much the fanbase and Wenger want to replace Giroud, and maybe you've seen some clips or heard about how inconsistent Giroud can be. (I'm assuming players do their research before moving clubs)

I don't know how you can be worried about losing your spot to Giroud, I just can't imagine it. Someone who fears that happening shouldn't be coming here anyway, bottler mentality.

Lacazette can not be convinced he will come to Arsenal and be an automatic starter, no way. The dude is not delusional. He could not do it for the French NT, why would it happen at AFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom