• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wissam Ben Yedder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykes

Lacazette can not be convinced he will come to Arsenal and be an automatic starter, no way. The dude is not delusional. He could not do it for the French NT, why would it happen at AFC?
Because he'd be competing with Giroud, not Benzema.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette can not be convinced he will come to Arsenal and be an automatic starter, no way. The dude is not delusional. He could not do it for the French NT, why would it happen at AFC?
Want this to happen now just so Wenger can prove you wrong. If we sign him we'll have a little bet.:p

I think the reason he didn't make the French team is clear, the fact Gameiro didn't get a sniff confirms to me that Deschamps had enough wide forwards who could play centrally in the team, so he went with two target man instead.

olyon9

Lacazette is not an upgrade over Giroud. He will not dislodge him.
I am not objective but I will choose Lacazette over Giroud every day of the week. I watch Arsenal many times in a year and you cannot imagine the number of times I ask myself how the bloody hell Giroud gstay there for so long. But you are a Ligue 1 follower so unless you are a Marseille follower your notice is objective. I said Marseille because for me Batsuayi is totally average so I can imagine the opposite.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Want this to happen now just so Wenger can prove you wrong. If we sign him we'll have a little bet.:p

I think the reason he didn't make the French team is clear, the fact Gameiro didn't get a sniff confirms to me that Deschamps had enough wide forwards who could play centrally in the team, so he went with two target man instead.

I have seen enough of Lacazette to reach that conclusion. I am not the only one I guess either. Trust me if he was that great, he would have been called up for the Euros.
I am down for the bet...He will not sign though! ;)

carlito'sway

Established Member
I am not objective but I will choose Lacazette over Giroud every day of the week. I watch Arsenal many times in a year and you cannot imagine the number of times I ask myself how the bloody hell Giroud gstay there for so long. But you are a Ligue 1 follower so unless you are a Marseille follower your notice is objective. I said Marseille because for me Batsuayi is totally average so I can imagine the opposite.

As you said you are not objective! ;)
I was listening to RMC AfterFoot two days ago, all the 3 guys were in agreement that Lacazette would not start over Giroud and may perhaps play as a winger if he ever joins Arsenal.

olyon9

As you said you are not objective! ;)
I was listening to RMC AfterFoot two days ago, all the 3 guys were in agreement that Lacazette would not start over Giroud and may perhaps pay as a winger if he ever joins Arsenal.
RMC bash all our players. For that three man that you were talking about Umtiti was not deserving a place either in the french team and don't have the level to be there. He proves thm wrong and you have not respond to the thing about be a Marseille fan

MLK

There are different factors that define how far a footballer reaches in his career. Confidence, attitude and skill. Take a player like Walcott, he's got the attitude, he's got the confidence, he needs to work on the skill. Look at Giroud, he's confident, but he isn't Walcott level confident and that affects him negatively. That's why his head drops and then he starts missing and doing dumb **** in the pitch.

Now take a look at the best players in the world, one thing they aren't lacking is confidence. These are the players that don't just think they're the ****, they know they're the ****.

Now when you take a look at a player like Ben Yedder or Lacazette, you've got to wonder if they've got the confidence in their own abilities to make it at the top of the game. They shouldn't be being a ***** and worrying if they can actually come to Arsenal and displace Giroud. They should just turn up and say this is my spot and then take it.

And frankly, if a player can't do that, they just aren't worth it for me.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Imagine not getting into the France team because Giroud & Gignac were deemed better.

None of us have to imagine this because it (nationality notwithstanding) is very literally true for us all....

Both of those players (and Lacazette) are vastly superior to basically everyone on the forum...

Me being English...Heskey, Ings, Austin, Vardy, Kane, Rooney, Rashford, Sturridge, Akinfenwa, Insert all English professional/semi-pro footballers regardless of position + a lot of amateurs who are all closer to an England call up than I am....

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
RMC bash all our players. For that three man that you were talking about Umtiti was not deserving a place either in the french team and don't have the level to be there. He proves thm wrong and you have not respond to the thing about be a Marseille fan

Let's be franck...If Varane, Sakho or Zouma were not injured, Umtiti would not have been called either. Umtiti is good but was the 5th or 6th on the CB's list.
Second thing, Lacazette not being called was not a controversial issue and across the board it was accepted.
Does not matter if I am a Marseille fan or not, that is besides the point.

RandyMarsh

Established Member

So looks as though that's yet another striker to move this summer, while we sit here with our hands empty.

We're clearly not going to pay what Lyon want for Lacazette so I have no idea what Wenger is planning. 90% of good strikers in today's market will cost over the odds.

This Ben Yedder fella screamed good value to me.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

Yes but two of his wide forwards are 5 years younger than Lacazette, barely ready to be consistent players at international level. Talented as those players are, it is evidence that he isn't good enough if he can't find a place in that competition.

The lad is not worth £30 million at all. Michy was under £40 million for Chelsea. Clearly the better talent with a higher ceiling at 22 years old. If Lacazette were to be bought it should be for substantially less than Michy's fee or it would be a rip-off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

So looks as though that's yet another striker to move this summer, while we sit here with our hands empty.

We're clearly not going to pay what Lyon want for Lacazette so I have no idea what Wenger is planning. 90% of good strikers in today's market will cost over the odds.

oh so he finally did he make his mind up. it's shame that i wanted him plus a winger good Gamiero replacement.

carlito'sway

Established Member

He would have been great value for money. Only problem, he is not an all out striker and would not have been a real option to rotate/ back up for Giroud.
In any case, I surely hope Arsène and Ivan know what they are doing. If nothing happen between now and the beginning of the season, it is going to be a toxic atmosphere at the Emirates.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yes but two of his wide forwards are 5 years younger than Lacazette, barely ready to be consistent players at international level. Talented as those players are, it is evidence that he isn't good enough if he can't find a place in that competition.

The lad is not worth £30 million at all. Michy was under £40 million for Chelsea. Clearly the better talent with a higher ceiling at 22 years old. If Lacazette were to be bought it should be for substantially less than Michy's fee or it would be a rip-off.
You make some fair points tbh. This debate has been going back and forth for weeks now so I guess we should save it for if we sign this guy.

It's looking unlikely we sign Lacazette anyway and Mahrez speculation has just been destroyed as well. Sad times.

spartandre217

Established Member
Seeing Theo **** up chances in the first half had me thinking about just how good we would be with a half decent quick CF's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom