• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Guide to sources

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Mahrez thing has left me skeptical, he backed down really quick after he extended his contract. I do feel like we were holding a bit of interest, but never anything serious ie bidding.
Dean and Ornstein both said the club were interested, but there was no bid. Inclined to believe him there.

Come to think of it, didn't we have a thread for a mistery player based of one of his tweets?
I think that was Geoff's "Arsenal have bid £30m for a player" in January 2013. The player was never revealed, although Geoff's disciples online claim it was Cavani.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Dean and Ornstein both said the club were interested, but there was no bid. Inclined to believe him there.

I think that was Geoff's "Arsenal have bid £30m for a player" in January 2013. The player was never revealed, although Geoff's disciples online claim it was Cavani.
Or did he say there was interest earlier on?

carlito'sway

Established Member
What about Uncle Geoff or this Dean guy. What do we think about them these days.

I reckon they should all have to put up or shut up.

I'm going to start a new twitter account just to show how gullible people are. 'Madness incoming' could literally mean the pizza delivery guy is outside and its still the a.m.

Dean seems to have some inside sources. He is followed by a number of serious Arsenal blogger and even media people. He has a lot at stake wiht his madness claim though.

Dean is finished if there's no madness, at least when it comes to transfer news. Him saying the club are interested in or in talks for a player that doesn't end up at Arsenal doesn't make him a fraud, but he's hyped up the madness so much that nobody will able to take him seriously at all if it doesn't come off.

Indeed...If there is no "madness", he is cooked.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Given it's almost a month since Dean first mentioned it, he should've just kept quiet until he was sure the deal was close to done.

As it stands, it's all mind-numbingly boring now. Probably be an anti-climax in the end. Someone like Arjen Robben.

Doom

After Götze went to Munich for 30m Geoff revealed the January 2013 mystery 30m bid player was Cavani.

After Geoff's reveal I checked the dates. Geoff tweeted "30m mystery player bid" and the next day the Napoli president said to the press we are not selling Cavani. Make of that what you will.

Geoff also called Gervinho to Rome (weirdly he didn't say Roma or Lazio) months before that transfer and when every print journalist had Julio Cesar all but signing at Colney Geoff said he'd heard nothing about that transfer.

In any case he's gave up on the ITKing to concentrate on support for London taxi men.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Dean is finished if there's no madness, at least when it comes to transfer news. Him saying the club are interested in or in talks for a player that doesn't end up at Arsenal doesn't make him a fraud, but he's hyped up the madness so much that nobody will able to take him seriously at all if it doesn't come off.

His get out is going be that we couldn't convince the player to come.
He keeps mentioning #madness but with the caveat "we just need to convince the player " to the best of my knowledge he hasn't indicated that the player is any closer to being persuaded.

If we haven't got any further in this time I can't see how he is going to suddenly change his mind, especially if he is at a huge club.

Hopefully I am wrong but everything points to nothing happening followed by Dean saying "we tried everything we could to get him in."

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He's been so bullish about the madness that I can't see him 'surviving' this if it doesn't happen. That would be 2 summers in a row he got people's hopes up for no reason.

Kingslayer is right though, it would have been better to stay quiet like he said he would.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
The Arsenal Horse is working hard to remind people of their successes today.

Yeah, by throwing out stuff that no one can confirm like their claim that Cabaye was on his way for a medical but we cancelled the transfer.

People say certain ITKs are attention-seekers, but that really fits people like Memz and the Horse who have to retweet every single person that praises them.

And this from the Horse after they said they don't need validation from anyone.

blaze_of_glory

It was a time, when I thought, that Arsenal Horse is credible. I'm ashamed:lol:
He arrived in glorious style, nailed Alexis down to the day by day itinerary almost. Must have had someone talking to him then.

But ever since he's been been a mule. Shooting blanks.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Of course! I remember now; It was the main man! :D

'The striker who can finally sign the #Arsenal plays in LaLiga, but isn't Griezmann. Wenger, to the desperate'
he deserves a pat on his back, then. And removal from the black-list.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom