• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Not having any of this shrewd operator chat with Sp**s.

They're one of the few clubs in football that actually improve when they don't spend money as they're such terrible operators in the transfermarket.

Everytime they get a decent windfall they spend it on absolute trash (Sissokho being the latest example).

Their recent 'success' (if you can call it that) is based almost entirely on the work Pochettino has done with some of their young talents, not astute transfer market business.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

They're one of the few clubs in football that actually improve when they don't spend money as they're such terrible operators in the transfermarket.

Everytime they get a decent windfall they spend it on absolute trash (Sissokho being the latest example).

Their recent 'success' (if you can call it that) is based almost entirely on the work Pochettino has done with some of their young talents, not astute transfer market business.

I think most are only saying "shrewd" in the sense that Levy gets top money for outgoing players.

TBF Levy needs to milk buying clubs as with the way he spends in the market they be in administration if they were getting Gazidis/Arsenal type fees for player sales.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

While I'm in no way arguing against Sp**s or any other club on the list blowing an absurd amount of money on **** players (Sp**s more so of course), they/we all have, but do I wonder how much their instability manager wise have added to these figures.

ZbYt0cx.jpg

Managers since 2012:
Cheslea: AVB, Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho, (Hiddink), Conte
United: SAF, Moyes, (Giggs), LVG, Mourinho
City: Mancini, Pellegrini, Pep
Tottenham: AVB, Sherwood, Poch
Liverpool: (Dalglish), Rogers, Klopp
Arsenal: Wenger

When a new manager comes in they have to build the squad to suit their style /get their players in, but we haven't had to do that at AFC.

Given our stability and the throwing of money away it has potentially spared us from, seeing us being 3rd in net spend over the time yet every team in the graphic has put in an actual title challenge or won the title more recently than that us somewhat highlights a poor return on investment by Wenger in terms of on field success (and this doesn't take into account our wage bill either).

It's a good point , they have definitely had a lot of instability. Worth noting though they have had a DOF that dictates transfers although they have changed that position twice lol . You could argue that Pool and Totteringham have been badly managed . From the top down .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Re Wengers comments about this being the best attack he's had. I'm quite sure he doesn't yet believe that. Perhaps just some extra faith to keep that confidence going and the buzz for a difficult period we have now.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

But a lot of their players were good signings. Not only Bale and Modric, but they also got some decent players in from the Bale windfall. Alli, Eriksen and Aldereweireld were absolute steals. Wanyama, Dembele, Dier, Son, Walker, Rose, Lloris, Vertonghen.

Some of their signings haven't worked out but if you look at the poor players that Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool have assembled at a ridiculous price over the last few years, they are pretty shrewd by comparison.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Re Wengers comments about this being the best attack he's had. I'm quite sure he doesn't yet believe that. Perhaps just some extra faith to keep that confidence going and the buzz for a difficult period we have now.
It's absurd. He's been saying he's got the best this and that ever since we last won something worth shouting about. I wonder if he ever asks himself why we haven't done better...

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Interesting to hear Tim Payton on Footballistically Arsenal today. He thinks Wenger is leaving because if he wasn't, then it would be better for the club if it was announced. Also mentioned how tetchy he got when asked about the suggestion that the Özil and Sanchez contracts depend on him staying.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's absurd. He's been saying he's got the best this and that ever since we last won something worth shouting about.

Think that is highly debatable too, I would argue Hleb/Adebayor/Eduardo/Rosicky is clearly better than our current attack.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Mesut Özil
Alexis Sanchez
Laurent Koscielny
Hector Bellerin
Alex Iwobi
Peter Cech

Yet we have Arsène Wenger. He should wear his shirt with #73 proudly on his back. The points we get every fcking season no matter who we have !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom