• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, we absolutely have to sign him this summer. He's improved so much this season, and is arguably our best English players.

Next season will be when he should lock down a starting spot and score over 10 goals in a season. If Alexis leaves it'll be even more imperative that we sign Ox.

Keplaz

Next season will be when he should lock down a starting spot and score over 10 goals in a season. If Alexis leaves it'll be even more imperative that we sign Ox.
The problem with the Ox is injuries. Once he finds a bit of form or consistency, he gets a niggling injury that ruins his momentum. His ability has never been in question. I worry about building a team around these kind of players.

mm76

Yer Da
Uhh buddy I said I would like to see that lineup not that we should play it or that it was the best lineup for us. No different to how I would like to see Singapore but I'm not getting on a plane. Maybe actually read my post before you go accusing me of being blind. And once again, 2 good matches in Gabriel's case(one of which was against a relegation team who can't score) is not a run of form. Scoring an equalizer doesn't cancel out Monreal being partly responsible for the goal we conceded yesterday either. So again even if I were saying that this was the lineup we should play(which I wasn't) it's hardly 2 players who are undroppable who I suggested taking out of the lineup. It's not like I said I'd like to drop Cole and Campbell in their pomp for f*cking Clichy and Senderos now is it? Don't be a prisoner of the moment. Gabriel didn't become not sh*t over night.

Ok, but whatever the quality of respective players past and present it's all relative and if you have players in any side who are in form then for me that's a priority - re Monreal you could blame him partly but I think of him, Cech and Ramsey he's the least culpable - let's face it there's a reason why Aguero is one of the best strikers in the league and that's his pace and strength - the moment Ramsey lost the ball unnecessarily and Toure played that pass, we were in trouble

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Love this guy and wasn't at all surprised by his performance yesterday - he's been playing like that all season. Great player.

Remember when the entire forum wanted him sold because he had a poor 19 minute cameo against Sp**s?

Page 135 if anyone wants a browse :cool:
Thanks, now I know which posts I still need to delete.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Love this guy and wasn't at all surprised by his performance yesterday - he's been playing like that all season. Great player.

Remember when the entire forum wanted him sold because he had a poor 19 minute cameo against Sp**s?

Page 135 if anyone wants a browse :cool:
I said to sell him with a buy back clause. That obviously meant I believed he'd eventually come good, right?

TheIceman85

Pundits were talking about how we could hurt City. They were talking about Alexis, Özil and then Ox. And then you realise, wow he's actually our 3rd most dangerous attacking player now. Must start every match when fit.

CHOPS

The way he's been playing the last two or three games he's either playing for another contract or he's putting himself in the window, having said that I think we should keep him this new wing-back role seems to suit him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The way sometimes he get past players like they are not there it's amazing to watch it's not easy to get past players like Yaya Toure and Kompany with ease. he should use this much more he got amazing body strength.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The way sometimes he get past players like they are not there it's amazing to watch it's not easy to get past players like Yaya Toure and Kompany with ease. he should use this much more he got amazing body strength.

His strength is remarkable. Ox is such an appropriate nickname.

This is why I have hope for him in this right wing back role, opposition wingers won't find it easy against him. It's sort of like what Victor Moses is doing for Chelski at the minute, his positioning and defensive awareness isn't the greatest. But such is his strength and athleticism, he can do a job against pretty much anybody.

Of course, Ox is 20x the player of Moses. Just using him as an example ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom