• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlitobrigante

The lad is finally coming good it seems. To be honest i had written him off as another failed project. He seems to be playing with a better footballing IQ, and i am impressed how he now seems to be able to slot in at CM as well as WB.

If he runs down his contract and moves on, he can go to hell, as we have been unbelievably patient with him. We have given him so many chances at the top level, and he owes Arsenal and Arsène big time for the trust, and patience we have showed him.

Hope he keeps this up, and becomes the player his talent and physique always suggested that he could be.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Love him at WB, being slightly further back and able to get a run on people/ see the game more seems to be benefiting him.

Would he accept this role long term? Could he or Bellerin perform on the opposite side?

cloista

He used to play left wing a lot when he first signed for us and started playing for England, so I don't see left wing-back really being much of a stretch for him.

OSBK

Established Member
What I saw yesterday was a guy who is a leader. His performance was outstanding, his interview after brilliant. He looks like he has grown mentally and now acting and talking how a leader should be.

Theo did say he wanted it more.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I've quietly bashed this guy at home but had a few stabs at him on here over the years. Time to put my hand up and say I was wrong. Really hope he keeps this up. Can see him becoming a mainstay in the team for years to come if he does!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Love him at WB, being slightly further back and able to get a run on people/ see the game more seems to be benefiting him.

Would he accept this role long term? Could he or Bellerin perform on the opposite side?
Just going by his interview he doesn't seem to hold any reservations to the position. I would say he'd be silly not to. This is finally a position he can nail down if he keeps up the effort.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've bashed this guy too. Never doubted his pace and talent but has injury prone periods, inconsistent games and still fluffs his lines at the end product.

That said, if he can make this position his own and turn up like he did yesterday on more occasions, gain in confidence . . . then maybe he can turn into the real deal.

Goon-Ger

We don't do this boy any favours by constantly changing his position from RW, LW, CM, AM, RWB.

He seems to glide past players with ease at times. He did extremely well to halt Sane who is a phenomenal talent.

He's rightfully keeping Bellerin out of the side atm and has been our best player so far in this new formation.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Must admit I'm wondering how good he'd be on the left, with Bellerin on the right.

Ox is about a 1000 times better than Bellerin with his weak foot and already experienced playing on the right so I think it would be him who shifted out left. I would be very curious to see it. If Bellerin stops f*cking about and trying to look like forgotten pop stars of the early 2000s and returns to the form he showed at the start of the season they could be absolutely unreal as a pair of wing backs. Hector will have to improve his discipline a lot but I think they would be an absolute nightmare because the opposing wide players would have to be careful not to get caught too far up and be burned by their pace. I would really like to see this formation with the following changes:

Alexis
Iwobi Özil
Ox Xhaka Ramsey Bellerin
Holding Kos Mustafi
Cech​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back