• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He has all the tools to be fantastic there. I wouldn't give up on him being an excellent RWF. Not a chance. Confidence and clarity is the key for him at RWF. If he gets enough chances there, he owns the position imo.
Confidence and clarity, so basically blind faith that it will suddenly fall into place. I won't exclude the chance, but the odds seem pretty slim based on his past performance on this position.

Newchange

He's one to keep for sure but let's not go overboard..he's put in a real shift the last few weeks but this is actually what he's been doing over the years.. usually it boils down to decesion making, injuries and consistency that lets OX down. When he can maintain form, confidence and put numbers on the board over a length of time he will be considered a top player till then he's still a let down in my eyes

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Confidence and clarity, so basically blind faith that it will suddenly fall into place. I won't exclude the chance, but the odds seem pretty slim based on his past performance on this position.
How can you call it 'blind faith' if someone has all the tools for the job? :lol:

Blind faith in him not amounting to much as a RWF is what you've got.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He is playing for a new contract. Wait until he signs for a new 5 year contract and see his effort drop back down again. Another ****ing British Core parasite in my view.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You'll struggle to find better squad players available that Oxlade-Chamberlain in most sides. Versatile and homegrown. Power, pace and can pass.

If he's after 100k, you pay it (especially when you consider the inflated market).

He doesn't want to be a squad player though.

"There is going to come a time in my career, and I think I'm approaching that, when I do need to be getting more regular football".

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Had kind of lost hope in him after last season, but done very well this season in a number of different positions.

Hopefully next season he can nail down a starting spot and play 30-40 games in the same position under a new manager, that should really help his development.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How can you call it 'blind faith' if someone has all the tools for the job? :lol:

Blind faith in him not amounting to much as a RWF is what you've got.

He has had these tools for the five years (or so) he has been at this club, yet has not amounted to much of a RWF so far. Based on those five years of experience I am saying it does not look like he will be a great RWF for us.

The faith is in it suddenly clicking, and him suddenly growing a football brain after being a blind donkey all this time on the wing. Admittedly, this is not impossible, but it does not seem likely.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He has had these tools for the five years (or so) he has been at this club, yet has not amounted to much of a RWF so far. Based on those five years of experience I am saying it does not look like he will be a great RWF for us.

The faith is in it suddenly clicking, and him suddenly growing a football brain after being a blind donkey all this time on the wing. Admittedly, this is not impossible, but it does not seem likely.
Think this is one of our major issues not just with the Ox. We are not ruthless enough when it comes to our players. We give them way too much time.

mm76

Yer Da
He doesn't want to be a squad player though.

"There is going to come a time in my career, and I think I'm approaching that, when I do need to be getting more regular football".

He could always join a local 5-a-side team

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He isn't going to be a star here but could be a GREAT squad man. Between all of the British core, I think Ox and Ramsey are the only ones worth keeping.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

As much as it pains me to say it I feel someone like Mourinho could get a lot out of Ox, with a Mourinho team he relies on quick transitions and explosiveness on the counter-attack which Ox could really thrive in. Heck I could see guys like Allegri and Klopp having a good use for him.

We play such a "different" system where our wide men are either asked to be almost a guy solely there for their end product or a guy who's essentially an attacking midfielder who's been pushed out to the wing, Ox doesn't really fit either of these roles so is often put in different positions or left out completely. Still even with all that, the most telling thing is that he's performing pretty well in every position he's put in recently, which shows at the very least there's an excellent player there. I mean there's guys in the squad who're performing poorly in their natural position while Ox is out there being a dictator of play in midfield and playing as a wing-back as recently as Monday night.

Why on earth would you willingly see this guy leave when he's so talented, so hard-working, so versatile and still at a decent age where if he gets some consistency and playing in a single position he'll be a real asset to the team. I don't understand why people look at Ox and think he should be one of the first to go when he's one of the view he kept on fighting when we played Bayern, when we were losing to Chelsea, when we were having poor periods in recent weeks while others were either simply appalling or weren't working hard at all. There's countless members of the squad who I actually rate, who I'd still get rid of before Ox. Aside from Özil, Alexis and Koscielny, Ox is the last person I want to see leave.

Guarantee you if Wenger does leave and we point Allegri, Jardim, Tuchel or whoever, everyone of them will find some use for the Ox.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
He isn't going to be a star here but could be a GREAT squad man. Between all of the British core, I think Ox and Ramsey are the only ones worth keeping.

Rob Holding no doubt would feel he deserves more of an opportunity to prove himself.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Have to agree and I'm not a fan of either. Ox has given me reason to rethink. Holding and Chambers are exempt from the cull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom