• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well, tbf he divided a lot of opinions here, if memory serves. Think I recall people comparing him to Eboue/Gervinho.

Yes they did, all I know is I wasn't one of them :) tbh he had a lot of people close to him at the time praising him very highly, so I wasn't sure why he divided opinion so much.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yes they did, all I know is I wasn't one of them :) tbh he had a lot of people close to him at the time praising him very highly, so I wasn't sure why he divided opinion so much.

Yeah, completely agree. Think he pushed being at Arsenal a bit too much... wonder if he feels the same now.

re. Sanchez. Wonder if he'd be happy at Bayern or PSG.

Don't think any of the teams linked will let him be the top dog and we all know he likes dogs.

Get the feeling that it's not just about winning and money, but that added cherry on top of actively wanting/needing to be the central figure at a club, like he is for the Chile NT.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I guessed this from a mile away, with Robben + Ribery reaching the end of their careers and always being injured, Sanchez can fill in and link up with the other best Chilean footballer of their generation.

If the money was good I'd probably take that over keeping him and him being unhappy, for him to move to Chelsea for free because he likes London lol.

Malky

Established Member
:(
If we refuse to sell him abroad this summer we'll be playing a risky game by hoping he'll sign a new contract with us next season when he could sign for Chelsea/Man City for free in a few months.
If he's really unhappy and looking like he wont resign then I wouldn't risk it and cash in on him this summer. Sanchez signing for a Premier League rival, for free, would be a disaster.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeah, completely agree. Think he pushed being at Arsenal a bit too much... wonder if he feels the same now.

re. Sanchez. Wonder if he'd be happy at Bayern or PSG.

Don't think any of the teams linked will let him be the top dog and we all know he likes dogs.

Get the feeling that it's not just about winning and money, but that added cherry on top of actively wanting/needing to be the central figure at a club, like he is for the Chile NT.

True, Alexis definitely likes to be the main guy. He knows what its like being the best player (with us) and not being the best (Barca) so would he go back to that? I'm not sure! I still cling to the hope that we can keep him but I know its very unlikely. Wenger says Alexis will be here next season but that's just to keep his price up.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I guessed this from a mile away, with Robben + Ribery reaching the end of their careers and always being injured, Sanchez can fill in and link up with the other best Chilean footballer of their generation.

If the money was good I'd probably take that over keeping him and him being unhappy, for him to move to Chelsea for free because he likes London lol.

Swaps rarely happen in football but I'd take Douglas Costa and money for an unhappy Sanchez.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Swaps rarely happen in football but I'd take Douglas Costa and money for an unhappy Sanchez.
Havent seen him much this season but so would I. Some argue Sanchez takes from our style of play a bit by always cutting in and going backwards against play. He doesnt act like an orthodox winger.
Costa is the definition of one, maybe he can improve our shape because its not like theo plays like a proper winger, and Ox is inconsistent too.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Would be a good price I guess
Yeah I guess so, but the only way I'd be alright with it is if the money were invested properly. And the fact that he's gone will make that tougher because established players will be less willing to come without him here. It'd harder to sell us as a club going somewhere.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For 55M they can take him if he not signing the new contract. we done what we can we offered him big contract if he reject it then bye thanks for the 3 great seasons with us and good luck.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we won't replace him with a player like his quality because it difficult to find, so we'll need to buy at least a goal scorer winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom