• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Barca can settle for Valverde, then we hardly need a big name manager in tbh. Get Ronald Koeman in.

If United can settle for Moyes...

You can't put Eddie Howe and co. to replace the greatest manager in clubs history. It's a tough act to follow, that's why people are looking for a high profile name with a track record. It signals intent and forward movement in a club that seems content with "good enough"

Last edited:

RoadrunnerReloaded

his next contract will undoubtedly be his last, so the Wenger Out faction will just have to hunker down and see it out

more important is how the squad feel - we can only hope they want him to extend and will play their damnest for him

It would be better though all round if the extension was only for one year, as that would make it easier to throw the kitchen sink at the PL, keep our star players for at least a bit longer, and sound out potential replacements before they go elsewhere

Yeah unless we already have a deal to sign Allegri after the CL final, then I think the best plan is for Wenger to stay on for the year with the plan to transition to Allegri or Jardim at the end of the season.

Thats the best for everyone I think as the Wenger Out will know he is leaving at the end of next so no point in the protests and the Wenger In get what they want with the fanbase united to show support and give Wenger a proper send off.

The key is we really need to get to work updating our entire organization. Clear out the stagnant coaches that taking a paycheck to do not much, fire Grim and the scouts that are failing in their jobs and continue revamping the physio department and start laying the foundation for bringing in a DoF next summer.

Yeah unless we already have a deal to sign Allegri after the CL final, then I think the best plan is for Wenger to stay on for the year with the plan to transition to Allegri or Jardim at the end of the season.

Thats the best for everyone I think as the Wenger Out will know he is leaving at the end of next so no point in the protests and the Wenger In get what they want with the fanbase united to show support and give Wenger a proper send off.

The key is we really need to get to work updating our entire organization. Clear out the stagnant coaches that taking a paycheck to do not much, fire Grim and the scouts that are failing in their jobs and continue revamping the physio department and start laying the foundation for bringing in a DoF next summer.
I am not so sure how arsenal going to come up with succession plan. Gazidis' plan to bring in DoF is the succession plan, but Wenger refuses to accept the proposal. More likely, our succession plan gets postponed as long as wenger remains in charge. If Gazidis loses his job, our club can forget abt future plans till wenger announce his retirement.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Adams on Wenger:
Full interview here. He seems a bit bitter.

“We were in a box with David Seaman. Everybody was surprised. Arsenal wanted it more but over the course of the season Chelsea are far superior [and finished 18 points clear of Arsenal]. Let’s enjoy the day but, long term, nothing has changed.”

Adams still believes that “Arsène, essentially, is not a coach”. Despite the acrimony, Adams says: “I was delighted for him on Saturday. I’ve never seen him so animated. He was doing a lot of waving after the game. I don’t know what that means. He’s the greatest Arsenal manager ever so it would be sad if that was spoilt. Arsenal are not in the Champions League next season. I don’t think they’re going to be anywhere near the title. They’ve just had a fantastic FA Cup win after an amazing 20 years. I hope he calls it a day.”

Could all that waving from Wenger really mean he might shock us and leave after the board meeting on Tuesday? “I would. But he’s not me. Maybe he thinks they can win the league next year or get back into Europe. I don’t know if he can let go.”

The last time Arsenal beat Chelsea in an FA Cup final, in 2002, Adams decided to retire. “Zinedine Zidane once told me: ‘It’s better to go five minutes too early than five minutes too late.’ We were about to do the Double. I made the right choice to go out at the top. Maybe in the next two years Arsène wants to get the club in position for a smooth transition – because if he suddenly went now Arsenal would be in a bit of a situation.”

He shakes his head when asked if he has any idea to whom Wenger might turn when he suffers. “I wonder what’s really going on inside him. But when you meet him one-to-one he’s the most charming, sensitive human being.”

Wenger likes to be in control but he can appear evasive and keen to avoid confrontation. A stubborn determination still beats within him. “That’s why I think he’ll hold on to Arsenal. He said: ‘I’ve turned down every club in the world.’ But he would’ve been sacked after a year at Madrid. He would’ve had to go to from club to club. But, at Arsenal, he’s got total dominance. The board do nothing. Arsène has a free rein. He’s earning them so much money he can do what he wants. And I don’t think Arsène can let go. It’s an addiction.

“He’s also got a weird relationship with money. He’s on £8m a year but Arsenal’s junior coaches are on 30 grand. Chelsea’s coaches are on £90,000. Take £7m, Arsène, and give them all a rise. It’s not like he’s using the money to throw lavish parties for his friends because he hasn’t got none. He’s only got a few guys in France. I feel a bit sorry for him.”

Good interview. I agree with him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Good interview?

A complete disgrace, that is what it was. Shamelessly plugging his book by serialising it in the Sun, and stabbing the manager in the back before the FA Cup final.

Deeply disappointed in Tony Adams.
That's your opinion and I respect your right to disagree.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Good interview. I agree with him.

He's right to want a reason for being overlooked. I just felt the timing, right around the final was disruptive.

Although I'm firmly in the camp that wants him to step aside, I think Adams, the man whose name is synonymous with Arsenal ought to have shown a modicum of restraint & respect for the man who gave him a sporting chance & extended his career.

Still want him to step down mind you but that's about as likely as us landing Griezmann:lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He's right to want a reason for being overlooked. I just felt the timing, right around the final was disruptive.

Although I'm firmly in the camp that wants him to step aside, I think Adams, the man whose name is synonymous with Arsenal ought to have shown a modicum of restraint & respect for the man who gave him a sporting chance & extended his career.

Still want him to step down mind you but that's about as likely as us landing Griezmann:lol:

I think he showed restraint in remaining silent for years. There comes a time when one feels enough is enough, imo.

Also, respect and telling his version of the truth are not mutually exclusive. Respect, for me at least, does not mean eternal obeisance.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
By all means constructively criticise his tactics and his signings but this is just a personal attack, wtf is this?

"Take £7m, Arsène, and give them all a rise. It’s not like he’s using the money to throw lavish parties for his friends because he hasn’t got none."

Actually on second thoughts a bloke who has managed nigh on 100 games across four clubs with a points per game average of well under one shouldn't criticise his tactics or his signings, he should just stay very, very quiet.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I think he showed restraint in remaining silent for years. There comes a time when one feels enough is enough, imo.

Also, respect and telling his version of the truth are not mutually exclusive. Respect, for me at least, does not mean eternal obeisance.

Absolutely, blind faith has been detrimental to our progress as a club for a good while now typified in Arsène's appointment of staff who're not up to the standard.

I feel to see how, for example, Bould appears more qualified than Adams.

Whoever runs the players fitness is an idiot & I need not start on Gremandi's incompetence in the one player market we should, by all rights, have a clear advantage over our rivals.

The reality is that, for all their bluster that things will change, it's as you were for another couple of years.

Hopefully we can secure another European trophy at least. The cup winners cup triumph is practically ancient:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It was amazing on AM after the game, everybody positive, enjoying a superb celebration, with humour and a camaraderie amongst people with a common interest.

Was thinking, all those angry ****s who come out of the woodwork after every loss to vent, mock and spout their vitriolic anti Wenger bullshit were noticeable by their absence.

It was f***ing brilliant you should have been here.
Or maybe they were here but are Arsenal fans first and foremost?

I don't get this post, what's wrong with being angry? Or having an opinion that doesn't meet yours. It's a bit harsh to call anyone who isn't @rich 1990 a ****.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think the logical thing, if the contract is renewed, is a two-year contract.

We cannot have another year like this year's ongoing saga. If the contract is just one year, it will be just like this year.

Ian Wright thinks Wenger will walk.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I really hope Wenger, Alexis & Özil stay.

If we know the players are off its probably a good time to part ways with Wenger. Two years is not enough to start again & without the duo we have a bang average squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom