• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
104 goals and counting and he's "useless" apparently.

Our fan base sometimes smh.
I want him to take a note from Giroud's book. Talent-wise I have no doubt Theo is far more talented than Giroud, but hard working-wise Giroud with all his limitations truly above him.

if anyone have any doubt, in 2005-2006 21 years old Giroud was scrounging in 5th level of France football, meanwhile 17 years old Walcott signed for Arsenal with interest from other several clubs.
(walcott debut)

Between injuries and life of luxury, something went downhill the last 2-3 years, and this is coming from a guy who wanted him to be a pure poacher Pippo Inzaghi type and was thinking finally I can see my type of player ( back in 2012-2013)
I think he can still turn things around but his lack of presence on the field really needs to go,
I dunno why there are many times no one seems to pick his runs maybe he lacks vocal so no one spot him, maybe he doesn't get along with Özil/Xhaka, maybe the team doesn't trust him (I won't pass to someone I don't trust), something isn't right...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I want him to take a note from Giroud's book. Talent-wise I have no doubt Theo is far more talented than Giroud, but hard working-wise Giroud with all his limitations truly above him.

if anyone have any doubt, in 2005-2006 21 years old Giroud was scrounging in 5th level of France football, meanwhile 17 years old Walcott signed for Arsenal with interest from other several clubs.
(walcott debut)

Between injuries and life of luxury, something went downhill the last 2-3 years, and this is coming from a guy who wanted him to be a pure poacher Pippo Inzaghi type and was thinking finally I can see my type of player ( back in 2012-2013)
I think he can still turn things around but his lack of presence on the field really needs to go,
I dunno why there are many times no one seems to pick his runs maybe he lacks vocal so no one spot him, maybe he doesn't get along with Özil/Xhaka, maybe the team doesn't trust him (I won't pass to someone I don't trust), something isn't right...

Agreed, we've all seen Theo play well, buzzing around everywhere and making good runs. No idea why he doesn't do it more regularly. Despite his way below par performances, he still manages to score goals fairly regularly. If only he had Girouds enthusiasm, he could be so much better. So much of football is a mental thing, ok he doesn't have the skill of some players but he could reach his limit more regularly.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think Wenger is keeping him around out of pragmatism. When the **** hits the fan it's nice having a guy in your squad who guarantees goals.

I'd prefer we sold Theo and used those minutes to develop Nelson, if only because I don't think Theo deserves the vitriol he'll probably receive this year.

But if there are no decent offers then it must be hard for Wenger to force out a guy with Walcott's productivity and attitude, whatever his obvious limitations as a footballer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If only he had Girouds enthusiasm,
Every off season he seems to train hard. I don;t think enthusiasm is what is wrong with Theo. He just isn't a top footballer. We've seen that as his injuries have decreased his top speed. Faster Theo was far more lethal. But he has never been a good crosser, never been a dribbler, never been a link up player. He was speed with a good finish. Now he is just a good finish.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Every off season he seems to train hard. I don;t think enthusiasm is what is wrong with Theo. He just isn't a top footballer. We've seen that as his injuries have decreased his top speed. Faster Theo was far more lethal. But he has never been a good crosser, never been a dribbler, never been a link up player. He was speed with a good finish. Now he is just a good finish.

Yes he's lost some speed but that doesn't explain how he can be so hot & cold from game to game. I'm sure some of it is his mental game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan and I'd sell him tomorrow, I just think he could up his game more often.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I used to be a big fan and now I find myself willing ox and Welbz to come good the same way I used to will Theo to come good. Am I making the same mistake again?

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes he's lost some speed but that doesn't explain how he can be so hot & cold from game to game. I'm sure some of it is his mental game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan and I'd sell him tomorrow, I just think he could up his game more often.
Well he has always been a confidence player. I just don't think it is his desire that is lacking.

Ewarwoowar

I think he needs to develop an intelligence in his game without overthinking it. He is an instinctive finisher but not instinctive in build up play, certainly not under pressure anyhow.

Walcott is in the wrong club. We 'never' attack fast or counter.
If he replaced Vardy he'd get loads.
Theo is reluctant to take on a full-back these days. Looks lost out wide, and against 2 rows of 4 defenders cannot really cut inside and run.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Walcott is in the wrong club. We 'never' attack fast or counter.
If he replaced Vardy he'd get loads.
Theo is reluctant to take on a full-back these days. Looks lost out wide, and against 2 rows of 4 defenders cannot really cut inside and run.
And the lower oppoistion teams always park the bus, so there is no where for him to sprint to. He scores mostly against attacking teams who leave spaces at the back.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

DGtKjBiXgAACbQH

'We know, we know, you know' yada yada.

Shut the **** up you useless piece of ****.
My hate for this guy has been downgraded to just simmering since being benched but talk like this winds me up.

This quote gives off such a 'it's the taking part that counts' mentality.

Last edited:

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
The reason I didn't brag when he was on form and scoring every game (I was about the only person defending him before this) was because I had a feeling he would be mismanaged and run into ground. He's not the sort who can play numerous games in row without losing dynamism.

When I see match threads having a go after one mistake or bad game it makes me cringe because people still haven't learnt that he'll make it up eventually with something equally as good and that's always been the case historically.

He seems to bring out the fallacy of the knee jerk reactors in full force and when I call out peoples bullshit they think i've got an agenda for him, quite hilarious really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom