• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He's a decent player and great on his day. People seem to forget he does a fair bit of assists. Obviously not starter material, I think everyone would want to upgrade on him if we could.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
When does his contract run out?

Couldn't have signed a 6 year deal back in 2013 could he?!?

He's a decent player and great on his day. People seem to forget he does a fair bit of assists. Obviously not starter material, I think everyone would want to upgrade on him if we could.

Which assists are you on about? Had like 2 last season.

He's no longer a footballer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Believe we gave him a new contract in 2015 because of the games vs WBA and the cup final vs Villa or something like that, yeah I can't believe it either. :lol: Literally participated in a couple of matches and was rewarded with a 140,000 a week new contract.

WakeupCall

He is a real arsenal player, in the way he anticipates moves and in terms of his offensive runs but this guy is afraid of the ball, he always hides behind a defender hoping for the ball in behind which doesnt come anyway. He is not a footballer anymore, itts actually sad looking him runnnig around like a soft t rex hurting nobody. All he has now is that stupid little jump with Mertesacker.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

He is a real arsenal player, in the way he anticipates moves and in terms of his offensive runs but this guy is afraid of the ball, he always hides behind a defender hoping for the ball in behind which doesnt come anyway. He is not a footballer anymore, itts actually sad looking him runnnig around like a soft t rex hurting nobody. All he has now is that stupid little jump with Mertesacker.

I laughed my ass off when you said he's a real Arsenal player, only to say he's not a footballer anymore literally 97 characters later.

tcahill

Much as I like him for personality and history with our club, its time for him to leave. He doesn't have the technical ability to play as a CAM in our formation, and lacks the stamina and tenacity for a wing back. His main attributes are blistering pace, which is starting to decline anyway, and a basic finishing ability.

As for his goals, look at that youtube compilation of his goals last season, the vast majority could of been put away by any premier league player, i only saw 2 that actually made me think 'wow good finish'. He also misses a buttload of chances, make of that what you will. An argument could be made that he gets into goal scoring positions, but with the number of chances we've been creating with the 3-4-3 anyway, i'm happy to dismiss it.

Right now his name still carries some weight, we could get a decent fee for him (maybe like 20 mill). Both his name and his main weapon (pace) are in serious decline, this is probably our last chance to be rid except by running down his contract.

And finally i'd like him to do well somewhere else, I don't like seeing good players rot on the bench anywhere, but especially not at Arsenal FC. He could be very dangerous at a quick counter attacking club like Leicester for two more years at least, he just needs to take that pay cut.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
He doesn't have the tenacity that Vardy has. He's too short to score much from headers. He won't really do well. probably like another Okazaki at Leicester.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's got to the point where I just want to see him at another club playing in completely different circumstances where he's actually first choice every week, just to see people squirm when he smashes in the numbers.

It's disappointing that he's been a squad player for his whole career. People can slag him off but it's Wenger who has made it all possible.

WakeupCall

I laughed my ass off when you said he's a real Arsenal player, only to say he's not a footballer anymore literally 97 characters later.

You can see he was trained here long in terms of movement he is good. Quite good actually but thats it.... movement is all he does and it seems he tries to move away from the ball. He will help us with some goals but getting rid of theo will be the best day of my life.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Walcott wont go anywhere until his contract ends. No club will take him on for £140+ pw so he'll stay here. I remember AM when he got the £100k pw contract, not sure when that was but the majority on here were scared ****less of losing him. I never understood it, for me he's always been a sprinter being paid to play football, and now he's lost some pace he's just a lucky rich person being paid to play football.

It's got to the point where I just want to see him at another club playing in completely different circumstances where he's actually first choice every week, just to see people squirm when he smashes in the numbers.

It's disappointing that he's been a squad player for his whole career. People can slag him off but it's Wenger who has made it all possible.
Well I think he can reconcile his career going nowhere under Wenger every time he looks at his bank account. What a lifestyle for a very average PL player.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I agree with Merson on Theo. He can put in a transfer request but he won't because it's nice being in his position and he lacks ambition in no small part due to lack of consistent ability. No other top club would have him and a smaller club would never be able to rely on him.I doubt Everton or Bournemouth would be interested atm. Wenger and the board wanted to make a point about us no longer being a selling club when his first renewal came up and signed him up-big mistake as unlike Cesc,Nasri and RvP,Theo has never been a top player. It's sad that he's let his career drift and sad for us that Wenger is so loyal to surplus players.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

He has around 40 assists for us, talking about those.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
40 assists over 8-10 seasons?
Why do you always misrepresent Theo's time here? In 06-07 he was a fringe player at best, and the next few seasons he had a lot of injury problems which hampered his development. It was only in 10-11 when he became a proper first-team player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Teams must love it when he comes on as a sub, guaranteed to be their 12th man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom