• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Selling chambers after letting Gabriel will leave us short in defence specially if we keep playing 3 at the back chambers will many chances in Europa league games cup games and some league games

I anticipate both a signing at CB, and a move to a back 4 at some point during the season.

JHusMan

Selling chambers after letting Gabriel will leave us short in defence specially if we keep playing 3 at the back chambers will many chances in Europa league games cup games and some league games

Koscielny
Mertesacker
Mustafi
Monreal
Holding

I don't think Wenger will think we're short there.

I think chambers will stay, the fact he can also play right back is also important if we drop to 4 atb and Bellerin gets injured.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
The problem is there's going to be a high turnover in CBs.

Mert is retiring at the end of this season. Monreal's contract expires at the end of next season. Depending on how he goes, there's a chance he'll leave at the end of this one. Koscielny will be 32 next month and he has a permanent achilles problem.

In the long term, that leaves us with Holding, Mustafi, and...maybe Bielik?

My point is that if Chambers were to leave this summer, which seems to be the case unfortunately, a CB of some sort is a must. If not, we could potentially be in a situation where we are left scrambling for CBs. Some may think a scenario like that is far fetched but knowing our luck, it's not out of the question. All it takes is for Koscielny's achilles to completely breakdown and Monreal's form to collapse.

I'd be alright with Chambers leaving only if a CB were to come in this window.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We need a CB this season not next. If VVD is available you take him, asap. Prices are only going to inflate more, and if teams know we're in need for a CB next season they can demand a higher price. Also yeah Monreal is a good player, but I'd happily put him on the bench for VVD. Chambers can go imo.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Koscielny
Mertesacker
Mustafi
Monreal
Holding

I don't think Wenger will think we're short there.

Mertesacker has already said he can only play a limited amount of games. Koscielny is carrying a chronic injinjury. Holding is young can cannot play in the centre of the 3 and will bad games every now and then. Monreal also cannot play in the centre of the 3 and is needed as wingback cover.

If we sell Chambers without replacing him we may aswell write off the season as sometime we would be fielding th same back 3 against Leicester due to injuries.

Malky

Established Member
Still hopeful that the comments about him being in Wenger's plans is just to keep his price up, stop teams thinking we're desperate and nicking him on the cheap.
A couple of bad results for some teams this weekend and we could receive some bids for Chambers next week.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If this window closes without us buying a top CB, it will seriously dent our chances of winning anything, including the EL. We are one game in to the PL season and already we've seen what its like without Kos, Per & Mustafi. Kos has been carrying an injury for some time, with Per it is unknown how he will cope for a season, & Mustafi didn't exactly fill everyone with confidence last season.

While I think Chambers and Holding have a future at Arsenal, I feel we should either sell Chambers or loan out Holding and bring in a top CB. We have a long season ahead and we will need to rest Kos for games, having another top CB would make it much easier.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Selling him after Gabriel departure without any decent replacement = madness.

The problem is there's going to be a high turnover in CBs.

Mert is retiring at the end of this season. Monreal's contract expires at the end of next season. Depending on how he goes, there's a chance he'll leave at the end of this one. Koscielny will be 32 next month and he has a permanent achilles problem.

In the long term, that leaves us with Holding, Mustafi, and...maybe Bielik?

My point is that if Chambers were to leave this summer, which seems to be the case unfortunately, a CB of some sort is a must. If not, we could potentially be in a situation where we are left scrambling for CBs. Some may think a scenario like that is far fetched but knowing our luck, it's not out of the question. All it takes is for Koscielny's achilles to completely breakdown and Monreal's form to collapse.

I'd be alright with Chambers leaving only if a CB were to come in this window.

complete agree, if chambers were to leave, imperative a replacement is found especially with mertesackers impending retirement and also the ageing of koscielny and monreal

If this window closes without us buying a top CB, it will seriously dent our chances of winning anything, including the EL. We are one game in to the PL season and already we've seen what its like without Kos, Per & Mustafi. Kos has been carrying an injury for some time, with Per it is unknown how he will cope for a season, & Mustafi didn't exactly fill everyone with confidence last season.

While I think Chambers and Holding have a future at Arsenal, I feel we should either sell Chambers or loan out Holding and bring in a top CB. We have a long season ahead and we will need to rest Kos for games, having another top CB would make it much easier.

completely agree with koscielny injury issues, he needs to be managed more effectively and probably not play as regularly, be very surprised to see him play any europa league unless at semi final stage and beyond

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
completely agree with koscielny injury issues, he needs to be managed more effectively and probably not play as regularly, be very surprised to see him play any europa league unless at semi final stage and beyond

I'm not even thinking about EL, Kos wont play all the PL games, so who do we rely on when he's missing. Last season he played 33 of 38 PL games which is great but you have to think this season will be less.

I'm not even thinking about EL, Kos wont play all the PL games, so who do we rely on when he's missing. Last season he played 33 of 38 PL games which is great but you have to think this season will be less.

it is worrying because he clearly is our best defender, mustafi needs to step up and be counted this season and justify his transfer fee

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom