• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

VVD £70m.

Won't change much with Wenger here but he should still be here when a new guy is in charge and we can build a new team around him.

That's the only transfer I'd be excited about now.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
VVD £70m.

Won't change much with Wenger here but he should still be here when a new guy is in charge and we can build a new team around him.

After likely also watching our first 3 games Southampton will want Mbappe money for VVD. :lol: They/Everyone knows we're desperate, so we're about to get bent over for whoever we bring in.

benjamin86

Established Member
VVD £70m.

VVD and a hard running CM in the Kante mould. I follow AFC and Watford and honestly Doucoure would do a better job for us than Ramsey or Xhaka.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

After likely also watching our first 3 games Southampton will want Mbappe money for VVD. :lol: They/Everyone knows we're desperate, so we're about to get bent over for whoever we bring in.
Yeah, don't see it happening man, he's the guy we need more than anyone now though.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

VVD and a hard running CM in the Kante mould. I follow AFC and Watford and honestly Doucoure would do a better job for us than Ramsey or Xhaka.
I think we've got one of the worst CM pairings in the top half currently, Darren Fletcher would be an upgrade. :lol:

JHusMan

Don't know what to say anymore. This will just be like all the other times we were heavily beaten. Everything forgotten by the next game, until the next big defeat. Nothing we do in the market will help immediately for this season but we can do our best to prepare and repair.

I feel like we need to sanction moves for Ox, Alexis and Mustafi who clearly isn't wanted. Özil is a difficult one, his Instagram post was sincere but come on man.

Replace Ox with Nelson, give someone who will give a **** a chance.

Bring Draxler or especially Mahrez in, both available and wouldn't be difficult deals to do. Mahrez is so keen to join us, could give us that spark needed in attacking areas.

Drop back into a 442, go for a central defender that will compliment Koscielny. Doesn't have to be expensive, buy someone that isn't the same as Koscielny (Mustafi/Gabriel) but someone who will compliment him.

Buy a central midfielder who is a physical engine/athlete that also wins the ball in all areas and is fantastic at intercepting. If you need to bring a fairly unknown entity that does this job then do it. Take a gamble, Xhaka needs a Kante next to him.

Go 442 with Giroud and Lacazette up front. Something different that would imo work.

We could do so many things to help.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

CB & CM :lol:

Even a peak Baresi and peak Vieira won't change anything.

We need a fresh start.

JHusMan

CB & CM :lol:

Even a peak Baresi and peak Vieira won't change anything.

We need a fresh start.

It would change things, especially Vieira. Someone who would have balls on the pitch to change things around.

We just need players that want IT, Ramsey doesn't, Ox doesn't anymore, Özil doesn't, Alexis doesn't anymore I'm pretty sure Bellerins mind is halfway in Barcelona as well.

wayne189

im new to posting on here but been reading a while. im an AFCB fan and have watched them since i was a kid when they were lower league but always liked Arsenal as top division side. Looking from the outside its look like player wise a cb ( if mustafi leaves then 2 cb)and an athletic dm are needed. renato sanches is available and i think would suit Arsenals style of play

JHusMan

Do we actually have any players that want to play for Arsenal?

Kolasinac, Lacazette, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Giroud, Cech, Xhaka. For me you use these guys as your main players, have the club captain on the pitch FOR ONCE as well. Welbeck, Monreal, Ospina want to play for us and are good for the bench.

Play a 442 and start with the spine of the side.

Cech - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Xhaka - New CM - Lacazette - Giroud.

Then add Kolasinac at left back and try to get Bellerin back on form at right back. I'd play Nelson right midfield and sign Draxler as my LM. Athletic CM in a Kante mould next to Xhaka and you have a strong team, hard to play against with strong attacking threat.

Must build the team around players who want to play for the shirt.

wayne189

Kolasinac, Lacazette, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Giroud, Cech, Xhaka. For me you use these guys as your main players, have the club captain on the pitch FOR ONCE as well. Welbeck, Monreal, Ospina want to play for us and are good for the bench.

Play a 442 and start with the spine of the side.

Cech - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Xhaka - New CM - Lacazette - Giroud.

Then add Kolasinac at left back and try to get Bellerin back on form at right back. I'd play Nelson right midfield and sign Draxler as my LM. Athletic CM in a Kante mould next to Xhaka and you have a strong team, hard to play against with strong attacking threat.

Must build the team around players who want to play for the shirt.
i reall think dm like you said similar to kante who also attacks at the right time would help the team so much

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If desperate signings are to happen we should sell Alexis and Mustafi and sign VVD, Di Maria and Krychowiak. We'd set up like this:

Laca -----Giroud
Di Maria---Krychowiak---Xhaka---Özil
Tank----Kos----VVD---Bellend
Cech

or

Laca-----Giroud
Tank--Di Maria--Krychowiak--Xhaka--Bellend
Monreal---VVD---Kos
Cech​
In either setup Krychowiak keeps everything in front of him and Di Maria has a free role with the fullbacks wipping in crosses for Giroud to knock to Lacazette. Ideally we'd have a new right back as well but that seems a bridge too far this window.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We left too late even Leicester won't allow mahrez to leave because they got no time to replace him same with midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom