• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzard

I really hope we go back to 4 at the back and two wingers. Throw 80 mio at Sporting to get Willy C and Gelson and play the first one alongside Xhaka and the letter on the right wing. And as much as i love the Ox, sell him. Todays effort was unexcusable

Goonerboy_1989

Whoever we might sign before Thursday's deadline won't fix this mess. Knowing the tradition of Wenger he will sell about 3-4 players and end up replacing them with nothing. *sigh* such a hard life being a gooner these days...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It'll be predictable like it always is when we have to panic buy. We'll be very busy now, mostly getting rid of players, and we'll bring in a name rather than what's needed.

Draxler or Mahrez will likely be the players we'll be in for, people will get excited and the club will neglect the CB and CM issues whilst we turn a healthy profit for the transfer window.

Goonerboy_1989

It'll be predictable like it always is when we have to panic buy. We'll be very busy now, mostly getting rid of players, and we'll bring in a name rather than what's needed.

Draxler or Mahrez will likely be the players we'll be in for, people will get excited and the club will neglect the CB and CM issues whilst we turn a healthy profit for the transfer window.

This is what annoys me with Wenger. He has had all summer to rebuild this squad. The "catalyst for change" was what all of us fans were told... lies... all of it is just lies... Now he leaves it to panic buys with 4 days left... same scenario as Perez last summer. Spent 17.5m now looking to get rid for 11m. What is the sense of that? Lost out on 6.5m who is probably raping the club 70k a week in wages...

Dammit

Hearing we won't make panic buys this time, only expect outgoings, some will hurt less, some will hurt more.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
After the loss today the club should have come out and explained that the way we have started the season is not the way we mean to go. Then tell us they are in the market and signings are coming and that there will be a shake up.

Toast

Established Member
After the loss today the club should have come out and explained that the way we have started the season is not the way we mean to go. Then tell us they are in the market and signings are coming and that there will be a shake up.

Why? I don't think more lies would help the situation.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Why? I don't think more lies would help the situation.

It probably would be a lie as we have seen it in the past. Problem is they sell this story to us fans and every year it's the same cycle. We cannot execute what is "apparently our ambitions as a goal." I will always love and support this club no matter what rough times may come ahead. However, change is very much needed, if Kroenke can't lead this club he needs to sell it and get out and take Wenger with him while he's at it.

This may be my frustration coming out but at this time I am utterly disappointed and it's getting more and more difficult to even get excited for Arsenal games anymore. It literally turns into "let's see which Arsenal turns up this time."

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Or they can go into hiding.

smashed

For a couple of years Wenger has said that transfer fees will only go up. Yet each year he is leaving it later to bring in good players which doesn't make sense given that he is an economist.

e.g Lacazette...

He also says (and has been proven to) wait until the end of the summer to see which top players (Özil, Sanchez) are available at the last minute (just like Harry) instead of paying a premium for the actual players that the club identifies and really requires.

It isn't logical and I don't understand given that he is a logical man.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Surprised the club aren't drip feeding rumours at this stage.
They save that for right before season ticket renewals. They've got their money and can't be arsed to make anything up until next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom